-- OT -- batch file renaming on PC

  • Eduardo Hutter
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2009
      Off topic but pano related: Is there a way to rename a ton of files
      just by removing a certain string present in all files and leaving the
      rest? Like fileName_stringX.* > fileName.*

      There is a couple of freeware available but as far as I could see, none
      can do it.

      I'm pretty sure this can be done with a batch script - PC - and that's
      what I'm looking for right now on Google but haven't much chance so far.

      Thanks in advance.

      Eduardo

      btw, found a nice compilation of renaming scripts on
      http://tinyurl.com/kvv77l
    • Eduardo Hutter
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2009
        Never mind. Just found a nice freeware >
        http://www.den4b.com/projects.php

        After some fretting - the above page also has a keylogger as one of it's
        projects - and some following research, it's installed. Very nice indeed.

        cheers

        Eduardo

        * Eduardo Hutter wrote, On 31/07/2009 11:28 AM:

        > Off topic but pano related: Is there a way to rename a ton of files
        > just by removing a certain string present in all files and leaving
        > the rest? Like fileName_stringX.* > fileName.*
        >
        > There is a couple of freeware available but as far as I could see,
        > none can do it.
        >
        > I'm pretty sure this can be done with a batch script - PC - and
        > that's what I'm looking for right now on Google but haven't much
        > chance so far.
        >
        > Thanks in advance.
        >
        > Eduardo
        >
        > btw, found a nice compilation of renaming scripts on
        > http://tinyurl.com/kvv77l
      • Manu Schnetzler
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2009
          Another nice utility that I've been using for a while is CKRename:

          http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,8108-order,1-page,1-c,alldownloads/description.html

          Manu

          --
          Manu Schnetzler
          www.schnetzler.com

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Eduardo Hutter <admForum@...> wrote:

          > Never mind. Just found a nice freeware >
          > http://www.den4b.com/projects.php
          >
          > After some fretting - the above page also has a keylogger as one of it's
          > projects - and some following research, it's installed. Very nice indeed.
          >
          > cheers
          >
          > Eduardo
          >
          > * Eduardo Hutter wrote, On 31/07/2009 11:28 AM:
          > >

          > > Off topic but pano related: Is there a way to rename a ton of files
          > > just by removing a certain string present in all files and leaving
          > > the rest? Like fileName_stringX.* > fileName.*
          > >
          > > There is a couple of freeware available but as far as I could see,
          > > none can do it.
          > >
          > > I'm pretty sure this can be done with a batch script - PC - and
          > > that's what I'm looking for right now on Google but haven't much
          > > chance so far.
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance.
          > >
          > > Eduardo
          > >
          > > btw, found a nice compilation of renaming scripts on
          > > http://tinyurl.com/kvv77l

        • Paulo Fernandes
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31, 2009
            Well it's not free but i use "better file renamer",
            both on Windows and on mac.
            Same interface on bothe platforms wich it's a
            nice feature if you jump between platforms like i do.

            Com os melhores cumprimentos,

            Paulo Fernandes
            Multimedia

            Go Go Pixel - Design, Fotografia