Re: [PanoToolsNG] ANOTHER ripoff of 360cities

  • Bill Bailey
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 30, 2009
      Hi Jeffrey,
      Thought I would chime in as well, unfortunately I have to also side with the
      general consensus.
      I had our lawyers take a quick peek today and they too said there is little
      you can really do unless they are infringing on actual copyright
      (text/images) or trademark issues. It's next to impossible to do an
      international copyright on themes or layout of a website. Generally it's the
      "content" that is protected (text, images, logos, custom icons, custom nav
      bars etc.) And you should actually log ALL content files used in your
      website with the appropriate authorities prior to any litigation.
      I can understanding your frustration knowing you have put a lot of time and
      money into your website - it's your baby. They say imitation is the greatest
      form of flattery so maybe look at it in a positive light.

      But if you are determined you could always have an attorney draw up a good
      cease & desist letter and fire it off to India with visible cc's everywhere
      you can think of. Some folks scare easily while others would only use the
      paper for other purposes.
      Fighting this stuff in courts can easily reach $25k+ without promise of win.
      So IMHO keep the cash in your pocket looking on the positive side and enjoy
      the fruits of your labor.
      Cheers
      Bill