easier nadir patching

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2009
      http://www.cs.princeton.edu/gfx/pubs/Barnes_2009_PAR/index.php

      watch the video ...

      in Photoshop CS5 perhaps

      PeterM
    • dalileis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30, 2009
        This is astounding. The part that could be useful for nadirs is like photoshop patch tool on some serious steroids. Can´t wait to try it out and see how it does under 100 % zoom scrutiny.

        If this really works like they showed it in the video it´s nothing short of groundbreaking. I can´t believe what I just saw.

        Thanks for the link. Let´s keep close eye on this one.
      • dalileis
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 30, 2009
          Thinking more about it, this is the ultimate tool for many of our needs. Not only for nadirs/zeniths, but for moving objects inside shots bracketed for HDR too. Shadows and reflections in the mirrors etc, as well. The list of what it can be great for is long.

          This fits in Photoshop so well. Let´s hope already CS5 has it implemented, that would be just perfect.

          Wish I had this for the project I am working on right now. An oval spa dome with all the surrounding glasses reflecting the equipment in the middle of the spa pool. Ca 20 reflections to take out. Imagine the time saved by effectively being able to use PatchMatch.