Re: [PanoToolsNG] OT: For timelapse movies I need a date and time stamper that runs in OSX

  • Harry van der Wolf
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 30, 2009
      Hi Wim,

      This could easily be achieved in applescript (or applescript studio).
      Currently I don have a mac anymore, but you could google for applescripts
      containing these kind of funtionality. When I had my mac I wrote an
      applescript like that for myself. Not in batchmode, but that's easy to
      change.
      Just do a google search for it.

      Harry

      2009/7/28 Wim Koornneef <wim.koornneef@...>

      > Hello Forum,
      >
      > For timelapse movies I need a date and time stamper application that runs
      > in
      > OSX or a Photoshop plugin that grabs the data out of the EXIF header of a
      > JPEG image and then put it visible, with some make-up like color, fontsize,
      > etc, in the left and right bottom corners of the image.
      > Applications must be able to batch process a folder containing thousands of
      > images.
      >
      > Here is an example of the kind of movie I need it for:
      > (besides the timelapse movie there are also 4 picts of the setup and a
      > 360x92 degree pano)
      >
      > http://www.dmmdh.nl/timelapse/timelapse_26072009/700px/image_001.html
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Wim

    • Wim Koornneef
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 31, 2009
        Hello Harry,

        Thanks for the suggestion.

        Before posting the request I did a search for OSX apps, I did found a lot of
        apps for windows but none for OSX (very strange), so it is good to know that
        the job can be done with AppleScript.

        For the moment I prefer to use the windows application IrfanView, as it
        turned out the app works fine and fast in Parallels with XP. The option to
        set all kinds of custom settings for font, color, style, position of the
        text, what kind of EXIF info you want to show, etc. is very handy. The app
        can also batch process large number of files.

        Wim