HDR of Muir Cathedral

  • Paul Fretheim
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 10:50 AM
      I have made some progress in the Muir Grove Cathedral panorama. I went
      back and shot it over using HDR, taking about 450 shots in 9shot
      bracketed, 1 f stop sets. When I got back and stitched them together I
      still had the strange artifacts in the forest floor because of the
      changing shadows over the time it takes to shoot all those images.

      I tried various strategies to get a good final output and the best
      technique turned out to be blending the bottom, middle and top of the
      full image in three separate strips and then using PTGui in non-HDR mode
      to combine them and output the final equirectangular image as a layered
      .psb file. I had to do a bit of manual work in Photoshop to get rid of
      the shadow inconsistency artifacts and then the image worked great.

      Paul Frethemi