Re: [PanoToolsNG] Giant Sequoia General Grant using HDR

  • Roger Howard
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27 9:29 AM
      On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:42:03 -0700, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:
      > Here is a preliminary version of an HDR of General Grant shot at about
      > 10:00 a.m. July 20, 2009. 9 shot bracketing with 1 f stop per exposure
      > change. I could have gotten by with 5 shots, probably, with as good a
      > dynamic range in the finished pano, but I used all 450 shots of the 50
      > sets of 9. This is way better than the image I got from non bracketed
      > shots the previous week.
      >
      > http://inyopro.com/images/general_grant_hdr.html
      >
      > Paul
      >
      > I know there is blurring here and there and some stitching errors, etc.,
      > but its the dynamic range I am interested in right now. Those other
      > things I have been fixing for a long time and will not be a challenge.

      Paul - careful, blurring due to exposure blending is not necessarily easy
      to fix if you're depending on the exposure blend looking good. The parallax
      errors, however, should be fixable (well, as much as they would be with
      non-HDR at least - looks like you need better calibration of your nodal
      point to handle near-ground subject matter).

      450 shots sounds insanely over-done though - you could at least get away
      with larger steps in the EV bracketing, 1-stop steps aren't necessary by
      any means. That'd cut down by nearly half your number of shots.

      Best,