Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Test images available (was:Vivitar, Bower, Polar, Falcon or Samyang fisheye)

  • michel thoby
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2009

      Le 24 juil. 09 à 19:46, panovrx a écrit :

      > It is a really interesting lens and thanks for the test Michel! but
      > the chromatic aberration at f8 in one of those pics seems high to me.
      > The image geometry and overall contrast seem really nice though.
      >
      > Peter M

      Ken,
      I have complemented my article with a panorama that was outputted
      with PTGui Pro then processed with Pano2VR and you might download a
      set of the three source images (RAW):
      http://tinyurl.com/n2hqna

      Peter,
      The chromatic aberration isn't really more pregnant than for our
      other fisheyes but it is somewhat differently colored. It's still
      quite easy to correct.
      The geometry is more than nice and pleasing as it allows to have a
      much higher (+16%) panorama native resolution than the Nikkor and
      better IQ at the nadir and zenith of a 3 or 4-shot panorama.
      I still have to test for flare and glare.

      Image sharpness and contrast seem to be quite constant from full
      aperture till f/16. The claimed f/3.5 value may be a little over-
      optimistic though.

      Michel