Actiooonnnnn ....

  • Juergen Schrader
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 25, 2009
      http://schrader-air.de/panorama/bikeexpo/bikeexpo2.html
      http://schrader-air.de/panorama/bikeexpo/bikeexpo3.html

      Something I wanted to try for long and yesterday I got a chance to shoot these guys while trianing for a contest at a bike fair in Munich. Possibly I'll try to get there tomorrow trying to shoot pictures from the finals ...

      I like the first view better but unfortunately one gets problems with the "zenith" when shooting the way I did it.

      Enjoy
      Jürgen
    • dalileis
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 27, 2009
        Complete success. You did it. Really enjoyed them. Well done!
      • dalileis
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 27, 2009
          Your nadir is pretty small, are you using R1 or Atome for this, perhaps?

          If you are, how safe is it to use it like that, holding the monopod or tripod almost completely horizontally? Can the rings safely take the weight used like that? What camera + lens combo, by the way?
        • Matt Smith
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 27, 2009
            I tried this same idea a while back. You are making me want to go back
            with a faster f-stop

            http://www.photospherix.com/fullscreen/skate.html

            GREAT JOB!

            Matt Smith
            PhotoSpherix
            317.396.5791
            360 Product Photography
            Indianapolis, Indiana USA
            http://www.photospherix.com

            On Jul 25, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Juergen Schrader wrote:

            > http://schrader-air.de/panorama/bikeexpo/bikeexpo2.html
            > http://schrader-air.de/panorama/bikeexpo/bikeexpo3.html
            >
            > Something I wanted to try for long and yesterday I got a chance to
            > shoot these guys while trianing for a contest at a bike fair in
            > Munich. Possibly I'll try to get there tomorrow trying to shoot
            > pictures from the finals ...
            >
            > I like the first view better but unfortunately one gets problems
            > with the "zenith" when shooting the way I did it.
            >
            > Enjoy
            > Jürgen

          • Juergen Schrader
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 27, 2009
              For the one with the small nadir I made extensive use of the clonestamp.
              Usually I try to avoid mirror balls but in this case I was too lazy.

              I use a modified Bo bracket with the 5DMk2 and Nikon 10.5, in this case here the horizontal monopod was supported by my feet ;) I won't be afraid of the bracket but anything else ;)

              Best
              Jürgen

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dalileis" <dalileis@...> wrote:

              > Your nadir is pretty small, are you using R1 or Atome for this, perhaps?
              >
              > If you are, how safe is it to use it like that, holding the monopod or tripod almost completely horizontally? Can the rings safely take the weight used like that? What camera + lens combo, by the way?

            • Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 24, 2009
                on the "crazy people flying around in the air multiple times" subject,
                here's one ;)

                shot handheld during the 2006 panotools conference in Bath....

                http://www.360cities.net/image/skate-park-bath-england

                >> Re: Actiooonnnnn ....
                >>
                >> Posted by: "Matt Smith" masmith@...   quijibo46201
                >>
                >> Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:32 pm (PDT)
                >>
                >> I tried this same idea a while back. You are making me want to go back
                >> with a faster f-stop
                >>
                >> http://www.photospherix.com/fullscreen/skate.html
                >>
                >> GREAT JOB!
                >>
                >> Matt Smith
                >> PhotoSpherix
                >> 317.396.5791
                >> 360 Product Photography
                >> Indianapolis, Indiana USA
                >> http://www.photospherix.com
                >>
                >> On Jul 25, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Juergen Schrader wrote:
                >>
                >> > http://schrader-air.de/panorama/bikeexpo/bikeexpo2.html
                >> > http://schrader-air.de/panorama/bikeexpo/bikeexpo3.html
                >> >
                >> > Something I wanted to try for long and yesterday I got a chance to
                >> > shoot these guys while trianing for a contest at a bike fair in
                >> > Munich. Possibly I'll try to get there tomorrow trying to shoot
                >> > pictures from the finals ...
                >> >
                >> > I like the first view better but unfortunately one gets problems
                >> > with the "zenith" when shooting the way I did it.
                >> >
                >> > Enjoy
                >> > Jürgen

              • Christian Bloch
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 24, 2009
                  Ahh, skate panos.... here are mine:

                  My buddy testing shoes at the Etnies skate lab:
                  www.hdrlabs.com/gallery/flashpanos/pano.html?media/Skatelab_Action.xml

                  Best trick contest, at the Etnies skatepark:
                  www.hdrlabs.com/gallery/flashpanos/pano.html?media/Zumiez_Couch.xml

                  Cheers,
                  Blochi
                • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 25, 2009
                    Quoting Christian Bloch <Blochi@...>:

                    > Ahh, skate panos.... here are mine:
                    >
                    > My buddy testing shoes at the Etnies skate lab:
                    > www.hdrlabs.com/gallery/flashpanos/pano.html?media/Skatelab_Action.xml
                    >
                    > Best trick contest, at the Etnies skatepark:
                    > www.hdrlabs.com/gallery/flashpanos/pano.html?media/Zumiez_Couch.xml

                    that's a really cheerful presentation.

                    regards

                    mick