Re: Bracketed monopod pano

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 24, 2009
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Flemming V. Larsen" <fvl@...> wrote:

      > Nice shot amd scenery, but if you look closer there is some differencies in
      > blue sky - lighter traingles between the masts and wires, especially on the
      > sailboat named "Favorita". Something you missed when masking?
      >
      > - Flemming

      Here is a recent PTGui-made +/-2 stops bracketed monopod pano unretouched showing typical issues with moderate action scenes
      http://www.mediavr.com/statelibrary1.htm
      There is significantly more tonal range here than could be got with any single exposure method I think. Lately I am keener than before on using bracketing with moderately action monopod scenes as PTGui seems to do a better job than before on reducing micro blurring from tree, grass shake etc, and registering and correcting the small movements between the bracketing shots better.

      To fix bracketing blending error areas this is what I usually do. Output the stitched, blended panorama, plus all the partial, corrected, panoramas from each of the component images. Choose a component image partial panorama that best matches the brightness of the target area you want to fix. Select the (unblurred) area from the component image partial panorama. Make a path from the selection, drag that path into the blended panorama. Make a selection from the path. Now you have two identical selections. Make active the companent partial panorama. Go Adjust/Match Color (use selection - choose blended panorama image).
      Now you have an unblurred version of the problematic area to blend in with approximately matching color and brightness.

      Peter M