Re: Virtual Tour Pricing

  • Marcus Hamilton
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 8, 2009
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Robert Slade <robert@...> wrote:

      > Perhaps an emotive subject ... but I am interested in what people are
      > charging for 360x180 virtual tours.
      >
      > Do you charge a fixed fee, or quote per individual job? Do you charge
      > based on your time, or based on the client's budget or ability to pay?
      >
      > Does anyone licence virtual tours in the same way as stills photos e.g.
      > depending on end use, duration, territory etc?
      >
      > Should a global company using VTs to promote multi-million dollar
      > projects pay the same as the guest house landlady who wants a VT to make
      > her website more interesting?
      >
      > Regards,
      > Robert
      >
      > --
      > Robert Slade, Photographer
      > Manor Photography 07890 564889
      > http://www.manor-photography.com

      Hi Robert,
      A while back I decided to go for a set price list rather than the 'see what the client can pay' route. I wanted to work for smaller companies and individuals, so this seemed the best route. Later I got to grips with HDR and therefore started taking more shots per Pano and with it, the extra processing time. I haven't really got around this price-wise. I want to do the best job, but there is no reason why my client has to have the complete explanation of how a cheaper pano may have the windows blown out, but if you pay extra, you'll be able to see outside. Rather, I just do the right job and a quick as I can.
      I originally wanted to offer a quality service for iPix prices - surely a good selling point? Well, Its not easy, but I'm still standing.

      Marcus