Re: Michael Jackson, Neverland Ranch

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2009
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Berry" <onezebra1@...> wrote:

      > Hi very nice work Peter.
      > Can you tell me what type of lighting you where using?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Roger Berry
      >
      > > > Hans has Jook's Michael Jackson New York scene too on panoramas.dk
      > > > In Sydney there was a kind of flash mob memorial gathering in the city
      > > > last night
      > > > http://www.mediavr.com/flash/mjackson.htm

      Roger, it was a regular on-camera flash with a homemade diffuser (from the bottom of a plastic soft drink bottle) that I tape on when I need a bulb flash look. Main issue with it is flare on the lens being so wide angle - so you need to keep it back, but then the camera starts to shadow the scene. PseudoHDR multi-EV extraction and Enfuse help even out the lighting from near to far.

      Ive put a video of one of the scene on Youtube
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkCaqyYU1Vc

      -- you can see it was pretty lively sometimes, but I didnt manage to get a stitchable pano of those moments. This video (and sound) were with the Canon 5D Mk II at 6400 ISO btw.

      Peter M