Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Control Nikon from Mac?

  • Volker Fischer
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
      Hans Nyberg schrieb:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
      > >
      > > CU Lars.
      > >

      > Commandline software?
      > Uff!
      >
      > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
      > Most of us hate these things.
      >
      > Hans

      gtkam is a gui/frontend for gphoto2

      Volker

    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Volker Fischer <v-fischer@...> wrote:

        > Hans Nyberg schrieb:
        > >

        > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
        > > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
        > > >
        > > > CU Lars.
        > > >

        > > Commandline software?
        > > Uff!
        > >
        > > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
        > > Most of us hate these things.
        > >
        > > Hans
        >
        > gtkam is a gui/frontend for gphoto2

        Checked it
        Not really what I call userfriendly.
        Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.

        Hans
      • Rodolpho Pajuaba
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
          Don't know if this was already mentioned:
          http://stefan.hafeneger.name/2009/02/18/nikon-control-beta-1/
          Regards,
          Rodolpho Pajuaba

          2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:

          > Checked it
          > Not really what I call userfriendly.
          > Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.
          >
          > Hans
        • Hans Nyberg
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Rodolpho Pajuaba <rpajuaba@...> wrote:

            > Don't know if this was already mentioned:
            > http://stefan.hafeneger.name/2009/02/18/nikon-control-beta-1/
            > Regards,
            > Rodolpho Pajuaba

            Yes thats what I linked to.
            Here is the actual website, http://www.sofortbildapp.com/

            Looks like a very young developer.
            I have downloaded it but discovered that I need Leopard.

            Hans

            > 2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:
            >

            > > Checked it
            > > Not really what I call userfriendly.
            > > Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.
            > >
            > > Hans

          • Lars O. Grobe
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
              >> Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
              (...)
              > Commandline software?
              > Uff!
              >
              > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
              > Most of us hate these things.
              >
              > Hans

              I guess it depends on how you define commercial photographers ;-) The
              set-up sounds quite advanced to me, far beyond what someone who is
              somewhat intuitively handling a camera is working with. And we are on a
              panorama-list. So if you e.g. want to have a automatic process of
              capturing from four cameras and assembling this into a panoramic
              projection, being command-line would be a requirement, not a drawback
              for software. A GUI software set-up would require you to repeat the
              exactly same mouseclicks every time you want to shoot and assemble. I am
              sure in such a use-case, any commercially working photographer would
              "hate these thing". ;-) So I guess the problem here is that we do not
              really know what you want to do.

              Cheers, Lars.
            • Rodolpho Pajuaba
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                Thank you, Hans, The one I sent was the only I had, and I hadn't
                clicked on the links everyone sent.
                Regards,
                Rodolpho Pajuaba

                2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:

                > Yes thats what I linked to.
                > Here is the actual website, http://www.sofortbildapp.com/
                >
                > Looks like a very young developer.
                > I have downloaded it but discovered that I need Leopard.
                >
                > Hans

              • Keith Martin
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                  Sometime around 3/7/09 (at 01:43 +0800) Lars O. Grobe said:

                  >if you e.g. want to have a automatic process of
                  >capturing from four cameras and assembling this into a panoramic
                  >projection, being command-line would be a requirement, not a drawback
                  >for software. A GUI software set-up would require you to repeat the
                  >exactly same mouseclicks every time you want to shoot and assemble.

                  Not necessarily - it all depends on what features the GUI was
                  designed to make available. It could be that a GUI would offer the
                  ability to control 'N' cameras with the same visually-picked
                  settings, simply driving the command line behind the scenes. (As so
                  many GUIs do, in fact.)