Re: Control Nikon from Mac?

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Braatz" <panotools@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > i recently saw the discussion about "http://www.breezesys.com/" to control multiple cameras from a PC.
      > > Is there anything like that for Mac available?
      > > I would like to control (set up an interval) only ONE D200 or Fuji S5pro from my MacBook...
      > >
      > > I tried Nikons Capture Control 4.4.2 - but this was not very reliable :-(
      > >
      > > Anything else???
      > >
      > > Thanks - Peter
      > >

      > Have you tried this
      > http://www.sofortbildapp.com/

      He seems to be interested in making a version for Canon also.
      That would be much appreciated and I think we should give him some support.

      Hans
    • Lars O. Grobe
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
        Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?

        CU Lars.
      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@...> wrote:

          > Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
          >
          > CU Lars.

          Commandline software?
          Uff!

          You do not know much about commercial photographers.
          Most of us hate these things.

          Hans
        • Volker Fischer
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
            Hans Nyberg schrieb:

            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
            > >
            > > CU Lars.
            > >

            > Commandline software?
            > Uff!
            >
            > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
            > Most of us hate these things.
            >
            > Hans

            gtkam is a gui/frontend for gphoto2

            Volker

          • Hans Nyberg
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Volker Fischer <v-fischer@...> wrote:

              > Hans Nyberg schrieb:
              > >

              > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
              > > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
              > > >
              > > > CU Lars.
              > > >

              > > Commandline software?
              > > Uff!
              > >
              > > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
              > > Most of us hate these things.
              > >
              > > Hans
              >
              > gtkam is a gui/frontend for gphoto2

              Checked it
              Not really what I call userfriendly.
              Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.

              Hans
            • Rodolpho Pajuaba
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                Don't know if this was already mentioned:
                http://stefan.hafeneger.name/2009/02/18/nikon-control-beta-1/
                Regards,
                Rodolpho Pajuaba

                2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:

                > Checked it
                > Not really what I call userfriendly.
                > Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.
                >
                > Hans
              • Hans Nyberg
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Rodolpho Pajuaba <rpajuaba@...> wrote:

                  > Don't know if this was already mentioned:
                  > http://stefan.hafeneger.name/2009/02/18/nikon-control-beta-1/
                  > Regards,
                  > Rodolpho Pajuaba

                  Yes thats what I linked to.
                  Here is the actual website, http://www.sofortbildapp.com/

                  Looks like a very young developer.
                  I have downloaded it but discovered that I need Leopard.

                  Hans

                  > 2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:
                  >

                  > > Checked it
                  > > Not really what I call userfriendly.
                  > > Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.
                  > >
                  > > Hans

                • Lars O. Grobe
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                    >> Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
                    (...)
                    > Commandline software?
                    > Uff!
                    >
                    > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
                    > Most of us hate these things.
                    >
                    > Hans

                    I guess it depends on how you define commercial photographers ;-) The
                    set-up sounds quite advanced to me, far beyond what someone who is
                    somewhat intuitively handling a camera is working with. And we are on a
                    panorama-list. So if you e.g. want to have a automatic process of
                    capturing from four cameras and assembling this into a panoramic
                    projection, being command-line would be a requirement, not a drawback
                    for software. A GUI software set-up would require you to repeat the
                    exactly same mouseclicks every time you want to shoot and assemble. I am
                    sure in such a use-case, any commercially working photographer would
                    "hate these thing". ;-) So I guess the problem here is that we do not
                    really know what you want to do.

                    Cheers, Lars.
                  • Rodolpho Pajuaba
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                      Thank you, Hans, The one I sent was the only I had, and I hadn't
                      clicked on the links everyone sent.
                      Regards,
                      Rodolpho Pajuaba

                      2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:

                      > Yes thats what I linked to.
                      > Here is the actual website, http://www.sofortbildapp.com/
                      >
                      > Looks like a very young developer.
                      > I have downloaded it but discovered that I need Leopard.
                      >
                      > Hans

                    • Keith Martin
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                        Sometime around 3/7/09 (at 01:43 +0800) Lars O. Grobe said:

                        >if you e.g. want to have a automatic process of
                        >capturing from four cameras and assembling this into a panoramic
                        >projection, being command-line would be a requirement, not a drawback
                        >for software. A GUI software set-up would require you to repeat the
                        >exactly same mouseclicks every time you want to shoot and assemble.

                        Not necessarily - it all depends on what features the GUI was
                        designed to make available. It could be that a GUI would offer the
                        ability to control 'N' cameras with the same visually-picked
                        settings, simply driving the command line behind the scenes. (As so
                        many GUIs do, in fact.)