Re: [PanoToolsNG] Control Nikon from Mac?

  • Thomas Bredenfeld
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2 12:54 AM
      hi peter!

      checked this? http://www.sofortbildapp.com

      looks useful (at least for me as a canonist ;-) )

      cheers from vienna
      thomas

      Peter Braatz schrieb:

      > Hi,
      > i recently saw the discussion about "http://www.breezesys.com/
      > <http://www.breezesys.com/>" to control multiple cameras from a PC.
      > Is there anything like that for Mac available?
      > I would like to control (set up an interval) only ONE D200 or Fuji S5pro
      > from my MacBook...
      >
      > I tried Nikons Capture Control 4.4.2 - but this was not very reliable :-(
      >
      > Anything else???
      >
      > Thanks - Peter

    • FC | Gmail
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2 1:03 AM
        Hi.
        You can use two other tethered app for Nikon with your MacBook :

        � Studio Tether : http://www.mountainstorm.co.uk/photography/Tether-Overview/Tether-Overview.html
        � Sofortbuild : http://www.sofortbildapp.com/
        � Capture One Pro : http://www.phaseone.com/
        � On FlickR : http://www.flickr.com/groups/d80/discuss/72157603787246133/

        Best regards

        Le 2 juil. 09 � 09:34, Peter Braatz a �crit :

        > Hi,
        > i recently saw the discussion about "http://www.breezesys.com/" to
        > control multiple cameras from a PC.
        > Is there anything like that for Mac available?
        > I would like to control (set up an interval) only ONE D200 or Fuji
        > S5pro from my MacBook...
        >
        > I tried Nikons Capture Control 4.4.2 - but this was not very
        > reliable :-(
        >
        > Anything else???
        >
        > Thanks - Peter

      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2 1:36 AM

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Braatz" <panotools@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > > i recently saw the discussion about "http://www.breezesys.com/" to control multiple cameras from a PC.
          > > Is there anything like that for Mac available?
          > > I would like to control (set up an interval) only ONE D200 or Fuji S5pro from my MacBook...
          > >
          > > I tried Nikons Capture Control 4.4.2 - but this was not very reliable :-(
          > >
          > > Anything else???
          > >
          > > Thanks - Peter
          > >

          > Have you tried this
          > http://www.sofortbildapp.com/

          He seems to be interested in making a version for Canon also.
          That would be much appreciated and I think we should give him some support.

          Hans
        • Lars O. Grobe
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2 2:57 AM
            Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?

            CU Lars.
          • Hans Nyberg
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2 3:16 AM
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@...> wrote:

              > Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
              >
              > CU Lars.

              Commandline software?
              Uff!

              You do not know much about commercial photographers.
              Most of us hate these things.

              Hans
            • Volker Fischer
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2 3:22 AM
                Hans Nyberg schrieb:

                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
                > >
                > > CU Lars.
                > >

                > Commandline software?
                > Uff!
                >
                > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
                > Most of us hate these things.
                >
                > Hans

                gtkam is a gui/frontend for gphoto2

                Volker

              • Hans Nyberg
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 2 3:32 AM
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Volker Fischer <v-fischer@...> wrote:

                  > Hans Nyberg schrieb:
                  > >

                  > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                  > > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
                  > > >
                  > > > CU Lars.
                  > > >

                  > > Commandline software?
                  > > Uff!
                  > >
                  > > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
                  > > Most of us hate these things.
                  > >
                  > > Hans
                  >
                  > gtkam is a gui/frontend for gphoto2

                  Checked it
                  Not really what I call userfriendly.
                  Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.

                  Hans
                • Rodolpho Pajuaba
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 2 8:51 AM
                    Don't know if this was already mentioned:
                    http://stefan.hafeneger.name/2009/02/18/nikon-control-beta-1/
                    Regards,
                    Rodolpho Pajuaba

                    2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:

                    > Checked it
                    > Not really what I call userfriendly.
                    > Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.
                    >
                    > Hans
                  • Hans Nyberg
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 2 9:02 AM
                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Rodolpho Pajuaba <rpajuaba@...> wrote:

                      > Don't know if this was already mentioned:
                      > http://stefan.hafeneger.name/2009/02/18/nikon-control-beta-1/
                      > Regards,
                      > Rodolpho Pajuaba

                      Yes thats what I linked to.
                      Here is the actual website, http://www.sofortbildapp.com/

                      Looks like a very young developer.
                      I have downloaded it but discovered that I need Leopard.

                      Hans

                      > 2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:
                      >

                      > > Checked it
                      > > Not really what I call userfriendly.
                      > > Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.
                      > >
                      > > Hans

                    • Lars O. Grobe
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 2 10:43 AM
                        >> Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
                        (...)
                        > Commandline software?
                        > Uff!
                        >
                        > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
                        > Most of us hate these things.
                        >
                        > Hans

                        I guess it depends on how you define commercial photographers ;-) The
                        set-up sounds quite advanced to me, far beyond what someone who is
                        somewhat intuitively handling a camera is working with. And we are on a
                        panorama-list. So if you e.g. want to have a automatic process of
                        capturing from four cameras and assembling this into a panoramic
                        projection, being command-line would be a requirement, not a drawback
                        for software. A GUI software set-up would require you to repeat the
                        exactly same mouseclicks every time you want to shoot and assemble. I am
                        sure in such a use-case, any commercially working photographer would
                        "hate these thing". ;-) So I guess the problem here is that we do not
                        really know what you want to do.

                        Cheers, Lars.
                      • Rodolpho Pajuaba
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 2 1:04 PM
                          Thank you, Hans, The one I sent was the only I had, and I hadn't
                          clicked on the links everyone sent.
                          Regards,
                          Rodolpho Pajuaba

                          2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:

                          > Yes thats what I linked to.
                          > Here is the actual website, http://www.sofortbildapp.com/
                          >
                          > Looks like a very young developer.
                          > I have downloaded it but discovered that I need Leopard.
                          >
                          > Hans

                        • Keith Martin
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 2 2:06 PM
                            Sometime around 3/7/09 (at 01:43 +0800) Lars O. Grobe said:

                            >if you e.g. want to have a automatic process of
                            >capturing from four cameras and assembling this into a panoramic
                            >projection, being command-line would be a requirement, not a drawback
                            >for software. A GUI software set-up would require you to repeat the
                            >exactly same mouseclicks every time you want to shoot and assemble.

                            Not necessarily - it all depends on what features the GUI was
                            designed to make available. It could be that a GUI would offer the
                            ability to control 'N' cameras with the same visually-picked
                            settings, simply driving the command line behind the scenes. (As so
                            many GUIs do, in fact.)