Re: Control Nikon from Mac?

  • Hans Nyberg
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Braatz" <panotools@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > i recently saw the discussion about "http://www.breezesys.com/" to control multiple cameras from a PC.
      > Is there anything like that for Mac available?
      > I would like to control (set up an interval) only ONE D200 or Fuji S5pro from my MacBook...
      >
      > I tried Nikons Capture Control 4.4.2 - but this was not very reliable :-(
      >
      > Anything else???
      >
      > Thanks - Peter

      Have you tried this
      http://www.sofortbildapp.com/

      Hans
    • Thomas Bredenfeld
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
        hi peter!

        checked this? http://www.sofortbildapp.com

        looks useful (at least for me as a canonist ;-) )

        cheers from vienna
        thomas

        Peter Braatz schrieb:

        > Hi,
        > i recently saw the discussion about "http://www.breezesys.com/
        > <http://www.breezesys.com/>" to control multiple cameras from a PC.
        > Is there anything like that for Mac available?
        > I would like to control (set up an interval) only ONE D200 or Fuji S5pro
        > from my MacBook...
        >
        > I tried Nikons Capture Control 4.4.2 - but this was not very reliable :-(
        >
        > Anything else???
        >
        > Thanks - Peter

      • FC | Gmail
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
          Hi.
          You can use two other tethered app for Nikon with your MacBook :

          � Studio Tether : http://www.mountainstorm.co.uk/photography/Tether-Overview/Tether-Overview.html
          � Sofortbuild : http://www.sofortbildapp.com/
          � Capture One Pro : http://www.phaseone.com/
          � On FlickR : http://www.flickr.com/groups/d80/discuss/72157603787246133/

          Best regards

          Le 2 juil. 09 � 09:34, Peter Braatz a �crit :

          > Hi,
          > i recently saw the discussion about "http://www.breezesys.com/" to
          > control multiple cameras from a PC.
          > Is there anything like that for Mac available?
          > I would like to control (set up an interval) only ONE D200 or Fuji
          > S5pro from my MacBook...
          >
          > I tried Nikons Capture Control 4.4.2 - but this was not very
          > reliable :-(
          >
          > Anything else???
          >
          > Thanks - Peter

        • Hans Nyberg
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009

            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Braatz" <panotools@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > > i recently saw the discussion about "http://www.breezesys.com/" to control multiple cameras from a PC.
            > > Is there anything like that for Mac available?
            > > I would like to control (set up an interval) only ONE D200 or Fuji S5pro from my MacBook...
            > >
            > > I tried Nikons Capture Control 4.4.2 - but this was not very reliable :-(
            > >
            > > Anything else???
            > >
            > > Thanks - Peter
            > >

            > Have you tried this
            > http://www.sofortbildapp.com/

            He seems to be interested in making a version for Canon also.
            That would be much appreciated and I think we should give him some support.

            Hans
          • Lars O. Grobe
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
              Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?

              CU Lars.
            • Hans Nyberg
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@...> wrote:

                > Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
                >
                > CU Lars.

                Commandline software?
                Uff!

                You do not know much about commercial photographers.
                Most of us hate these things.

                Hans
              • Volker Fischer
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                  Hans Nyberg schrieb:

                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                  > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
                  > >
                  > > CU Lars.
                  > >

                  > Commandline software?
                  > Uff!
                  >
                  > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
                  > Most of us hate these things.
                  >
                  > Hans

                  gtkam is a gui/frontend for gphoto2

                  Volker

                • Hans Nyberg
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Volker Fischer <v-fischer@...> wrote:

                    > Hans Nyberg schrieb:
                    > >

                    > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                    > > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
                    > > >
                    > > > CU Lars.
                    > > >

                    > > Commandline software?
                    > > Uff!
                    > >
                    > > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
                    > > Most of us hate these things.
                    > >
                    > > Hans
                    >
                    > gtkam is a gui/frontend for gphoto2

                    Checked it
                    Not really what I call userfriendly.
                    Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.

                    Hans
                  • Rodolpho Pajuaba
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                      Don't know if this was already mentioned:
                      http://stefan.hafeneger.name/2009/02/18/nikon-control-beta-1/
                      Regards,
                      Rodolpho Pajuaba

                      2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:

                      > Checked it
                      > Not really what I call userfriendly.
                      > Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.
                      >
                      > Hans
                    • Hans Nyberg
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Rodolpho Pajuaba <rpajuaba@...> wrote:

                        > Don't know if this was already mentioned:
                        > http://stefan.hafeneger.name/2009/02/18/nikon-control-beta-1/
                        > Regards,
                        > Rodolpho Pajuaba

                        Yes thats what I linked to.
                        Here is the actual website, http://www.sofortbildapp.com/

                        Looks like a very young developer.
                        I have downloaded it but discovered that I need Leopard.

                        Hans

                        > 2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:
                        >

                        > > Checked it
                        > > Not really what I call userfriendly.
                        > > Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.
                        > >
                        > > Hans

                      • Lars O. Grobe
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                          >> Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
                          (...)
                          > Commandline software?
                          > Uff!
                          >
                          > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
                          > Most of us hate these things.
                          >
                          > Hans

                          I guess it depends on how you define commercial photographers ;-) The
                          set-up sounds quite advanced to me, far beyond what someone who is
                          somewhat intuitively handling a camera is working with. And we are on a
                          panorama-list. So if you e.g. want to have a automatic process of
                          capturing from four cameras and assembling this into a panoramic
                          projection, being command-line would be a requirement, not a drawback
                          for software. A GUI software set-up would require you to repeat the
                          exactly same mouseclicks every time you want to shoot and assemble. I am
                          sure in such a use-case, any commercially working photographer would
                          "hate these thing". ;-) So I guess the problem here is that we do not
                          really know what you want to do.

                          Cheers, Lars.
                        • Rodolpho Pajuaba
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                            Thank you, Hans, The one I sent was the only I had, and I hadn't
                            clicked on the links everyone sent.
                            Regards,
                            Rodolpho Pajuaba

                            2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:

                            > Yes thats what I linked to.
                            > Here is the actual website, http://www.sofortbildapp.com/
                            >
                            > Looks like a very young developer.
                            > I have downloaded it but discovered that I need Leopard.
                            >
                            > Hans

                          • Keith Martin
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                              Sometime around 3/7/09 (at 01:43 +0800) Lars O. Grobe said:

                              >if you e.g. want to have a automatic process of
                              >capturing from four cameras and assembling this into a panoramic
                              >projection, being command-line would be a requirement, not a drawback
                              >for software. A GUI software set-up would require you to repeat the
                              >exactly same mouseclicks every time you want to shoot and assemble.

                              Not necessarily - it all depends on what features the GUI was
                              designed to make available. It could be that a GUI would offer the
                              ability to control 'N' cameras with the same visually-picked
                              settings, simply driving the command line behind the scenes. (As so
                              many GUIs do, in fact.)