Control Nikon from Mac?

  • Peter Braatz
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
      Hi,
      i recently saw the discussion about "http://www.breezesys.com/" to control multiple cameras from a PC.
      Is there anything like that for Mac available?
      I would like to control (set up an interval) only ONE D200 or Fuji S5pro from my MacBook...

      I tried Nikons Capture Control 4.4.2 - but this was not very reliable :-(

      Anything else???

      Thanks - Peter
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Braatz" <panotools@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > i recently saw the discussion about "http://www.breezesys.com/" to control multiple cameras from a PC.
        > Is there anything like that for Mac available?
        > I would like to control (set up an interval) only ONE D200 or Fuji S5pro from my MacBook...
        >
        > I tried Nikons Capture Control 4.4.2 - but this was not very reliable :-(
        >
        > Anything else???
        >
        > Thanks - Peter

        Have you tried this
        http://www.sofortbildapp.com/

        Hans
      • Thomas Bredenfeld
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
          hi peter!

          checked this? http://www.sofortbildapp.com

          looks useful (at least for me as a canonist ;-) )

          cheers from vienna
          thomas

          Peter Braatz schrieb:

          > Hi,
          > i recently saw the discussion about "http://www.breezesys.com/
          > <http://www.breezesys.com/>" to control multiple cameras from a PC.
          > Is there anything like that for Mac available?
          > I would like to control (set up an interval) only ONE D200 or Fuji S5pro
          > from my MacBook...
          >
          > I tried Nikons Capture Control 4.4.2 - but this was not very reliable :-(
          >
          > Anything else???
          >
          > Thanks - Peter

        • FC | Gmail
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
            Hi.
            You can use two other tethered app for Nikon with your MacBook :

            � Studio Tether : http://www.mountainstorm.co.uk/photography/Tether-Overview/Tether-Overview.html
            � Sofortbuild : http://www.sofortbildapp.com/
            � Capture One Pro : http://www.phaseone.com/
            � On FlickR : http://www.flickr.com/groups/d80/discuss/72157603787246133/

            Best regards

            Le 2 juil. 09 � 09:34, Peter Braatz a �crit :

            > Hi,
            > i recently saw the discussion about "http://www.breezesys.com/" to
            > control multiple cameras from a PC.
            > Is there anything like that for Mac available?
            > I would like to control (set up an interval) only ONE D200 or Fuji
            > S5pro from my MacBook...
            >
            > I tried Nikons Capture Control 4.4.2 - but this was not very
            > reliable :-(
            >
            > Anything else???
            >
            > Thanks - Peter

          • Hans Nyberg
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009

              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Braatz" <panotools@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi,
              > > i recently saw the discussion about "http://www.breezesys.com/" to control multiple cameras from a PC.
              > > Is there anything like that for Mac available?
              > > I would like to control (set up an interval) only ONE D200 or Fuji S5pro from my MacBook...
              > >
              > > I tried Nikons Capture Control 4.4.2 - but this was not very reliable :-(
              > >
              > > Anything else???
              > >
              > > Thanks - Peter
              > >

              > Have you tried this
              > http://www.sofortbildapp.com/

              He seems to be interested in making a version for Canon also.
              That would be much appreciated and I think we should give him some support.

              Hans
            • Lars O. Grobe
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?

                CU Lars.
              • Hans Nyberg
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@...> wrote:

                  > Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
                  >
                  > CU Lars.

                  Commandline software?
                  Uff!

                  You do not know much about commercial photographers.
                  Most of us hate these things.

                  Hans
                • Volker Fischer
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                    Hans Nyberg schrieb:

                    > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                    > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
                    > >
                    > > CU Lars.
                    > >

                    > Commandline software?
                    > Uff!
                    >
                    > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
                    > Most of us hate these things.
                    >
                    > Hans

                    gtkam is a gui/frontend for gphoto2

                    Volker

                  • Hans Nyberg
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Volker Fischer <v-fischer@...> wrote:

                      > Hans Nyberg schrieb:
                      > >

                      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                      > > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, "Lars O. Grobe" <grobe@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
                      > > >
                      > > > CU Lars.
                      > > >

                      > > Commandline software?
                      > > Uff!
                      > >
                      > > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
                      > > Most of us hate these things.
                      > >
                      > > Hans
                      >
                      > gtkam is a gui/frontend for gphoto2

                      Checked it
                      Not really what I call userfriendly.
                      Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.

                      Hans
                    • Rodolpho Pajuaba
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                        Don't know if this was already mentioned:
                        http://stefan.hafeneger.name/2009/02/18/nikon-control-beta-1/
                        Regards,
                        Rodolpho Pajuaba

                        2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:

                        > Checked it
                        > Not really what I call userfriendly.
                        > Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.
                        >
                        > Hans
                      • Hans Nyberg
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Rodolpho Pajuaba <rpajuaba@...> wrote:

                          > Don't know if this was already mentioned:
                          > http://stefan.hafeneger.name/2009/02/18/nikon-control-beta-1/
                          > Regards,
                          > Rodolpho Pajuaba

                          Yes thats what I linked to.
                          Here is the actual website, http://www.sofortbildapp.com/

                          Looks like a very young developer.
                          I have downloaded it but discovered that I need Leopard.

                          Hans

                          > 2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:
                          >

                          > > Checked it
                          > > Not really what I call userfriendly.
                          > > Most Mac users will never be able to figure out how to install it and get it working.
                          > >
                          > > Hans

                        • Lars O. Grobe
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                            >> Is gphoto2 not available on Mac OS X?
                            (...)
                            > Commandline software?
                            > Uff!
                            >
                            > You do not know much about commercial photographers.
                            > Most of us hate these things.
                            >
                            > Hans

                            I guess it depends on how you define commercial photographers ;-) The
                            set-up sounds quite advanced to me, far beyond what someone who is
                            somewhat intuitively handling a camera is working with. And we are on a
                            panorama-list. So if you e.g. want to have a automatic process of
                            capturing from four cameras and assembling this into a panoramic
                            projection, being command-line would be a requirement, not a drawback
                            for software. A GUI software set-up would require you to repeat the
                            exactly same mouseclicks every time you want to shoot and assemble. I am
                            sure in such a use-case, any commercially working photographer would
                            "hate these thing". ;-) So I guess the problem here is that we do not
                            really know what you want to do.

                            Cheers, Lars.
                          • Rodolpho Pajuaba
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                              Thank you, Hans, The one I sent was the only I had, and I hadn't
                              clicked on the links everyone sent.
                              Regards,
                              Rodolpho Pajuaba

                              2009/7/2 Hans Nyberg <hans@...>:

                              > Yes thats what I linked to.
                              > Here is the actual website, http://www.sofortbildapp.com/
                              >
                              > Looks like a very young developer.
                              > I have downloaded it but discovered that I need Leopard.
                              >
                              > Hans

                            • Keith Martin
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 2, 2009
                                Sometime around 3/7/09 (at 01:43 +0800) Lars O. Grobe said:

                                >if you e.g. want to have a automatic process of
                                >capturing from four cameras and assembling this into a panoramic
                                >projection, being command-line would be a requirement, not a drawback
                                >for software. A GUI software set-up would require you to repeat the
                                >exactly same mouseclicks every time you want to shoot and assemble.

                                Not necessarily - it all depends on what features the GUI was
                                designed to make available. It could be that a GUI would offer the
                                ability to control 'N' cameras with the same visually-picked
                                settings, simply driving the command line behind the scenes. (As so
                                many GUIs do, in fact.)