Re: [PanoToolsNG] Buying or not? 360 degree one-shot camera for 1100 USD

  • Jan Martin
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
      Details please.

      What compact cameras can take (or has) fisheye lens?
      And for just 250 USD per camera and lens together?

      And I don't get the "sequence the shots so that the back camera moves
      forward to the front camera's old position before the shot." idea.

      Could one really get 360 degree panos in a 100% automated way using 4
      cameras?
      No manual stitching or correction or entering of points for matching!
      Free Open Source software only.

      Anyone done something like this?
      ULRs of Examples please?

      Thanks,
      Jan

      On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

      > You could do the same thing with a compact camera and a cheap
      > fisheye pointed straight up -- if you have a low car. And if
      > you don't, you could put one on the front and one on the back and
      > sequence the shots so that the back camera moves forward to the
      > front camera's old position before the shot.
      >
      > Or for $1100, you could put 4 of them on your car...
      >

      > Jan Martin wrote:
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > I am in the process of purchasing a 360 degree one-shot camera.
      > > May I ask for your input?
      > >
      > > Please find a few examples (raw doughnuts and processed panoramas) at:
      > >
      > > http://mybestprojects.com/examples
      > >
      > > I'd like to do a kind of Google streetview website and therefore need to
      > > take a panos every 1 second.
      > >>From rooftop of a moving car, motorbike, bicycle or on foot.
      > >
      > > What do you think?
      > > Is this worth 1100 USD?
      > >
      > > Alternatives (that are robust enough)?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Jan
      > >

      > > You will find 3 types of images:
      > > -d frame extracted from the video the camera takes: 500-700kb
      > > -p jpg pano made from doughnut: 450 kb
      > > -sm smaller pano made with 75% setting from jpeg: 90-110 kb
      > >
      > > Please use the picture numbers for you comments:
      > > 1,3,4,6,15,32.

    • Bruno Postle
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
        On Wed 01-Jul-2009 at 20:11 +0200, Jan Martin wrote:

        >What compact cameras can take (or has) fisheye lens?
        >And for just 250 USD per camera and lens together?

        Probably three or four GoPro Wide cameras could take a full 360
        panorama:

        http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=4

        I'm sure someone is doing this already.

        >And I don't get the "sequence the shots so that the back camera moves
        >forward to the front camera's old position before the shot." idea.

        If the car is moving, the back of the car is soon at the same
        location as the front.

        >Could one really get 360 degree panos in a 100% automated way using 4
        >cameras?
        >No manual stitching or correction or entering of points for matching!
        >Free Open Source software only.

        Yes you can template and script it with the hugin toolset or the
        libpano13 toolset:

        http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_scripting_in_a_nutshell

        --
        Bruno

        >On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
        >
        >> You could do the same thing with a compact camera and a cheap
        >> fisheye pointed straight up -- if you have a low car. And if
        >> you don't, you could put one on the front and one on the back and
        >> sequence the shots so that the back camera moves forward to the
        >> front camera's old position before the shot.

        >> Jan Martin wrote:
        >> > I am in the process of purchasing a 360 degree one-shot camera.
        >> > May I ask for your input?
        >> >
        >> > Please find a few examples (raw doughnuts and processed panoramas) at:
        >> >
        >> > http://mybestprojects.com/examples
        >> >
        >> > I'd like to do a kind of Google streetview website and therefore need to
        >> > take a panos every 1 second.
        >> > From rooftop of a moving car, motorbike, bicycle or on foot.
      • Robert Fisher
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
          Well I wouldn't do it unless you can't afford anything else. The
          quality is very low on single shot solutions due the angular
          resolution of the mirror, which is the limiting factor these days.
          Cameras have decent resolution but small mirrors can't resolve that
          so your images will be fuzzy and noisy.

          A better solution is going to cost some money though. I have been
          working on something like this and it costs something like
          $6,000-16,000 to put together a decent rig with good resolution. To
          shoot from a moving vehicle you need cameras that can shoot high ISO
          so the shutter speed can be very high to reduce motion blur. A lot of
          considerations in doing something like this. Good quality work costs
          a certain amount of money. If you can get enough money for the
          project to write off the costs of the rig and still make money then
          that's the perfect situation.

          On Jul 1, 2009, at 10:50 AM, Jan Martin wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > I am in the process of purchasing a 360 degree one-shot camera.
          > May I ask for your input?
          >
          > Please find a few examples (raw doughnuts and processed panoramas) at:
          >
          > http://mybestprojects.com/examples
          >
          > I'd like to do a kind of Google streetview website and therefore
          > need to
          > take a panos every 1 second.
          > From rooftop of a moving car, motorbike, bicycle or on foot.
          >
          > What do you think?
          > Is this worth 1100 USD?
          >
          > Alternatives (that are robust enough)?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Jan
          >
          > You will find 3 types of images:
          > -d frame extracted from the video the camera takes: 500-700kb
          > -p jpg pano made from doughnut: 450 kb
          > -sm smaller pano made with 75% setting from jpeg: 90-110 kb
          >
          > Please use the picture numbers for you comments:
          > 1,3,4,6,15,32.

          Cheers
          Robert Fisher
          VR Photography / Cinematography

        • Mark D. Fink
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
            Ken,

            Wow, that got my brain moving! If you had a Coolpix with their fisheye lens
            attached, that gives you about 185 fov, right? If you had a particular
            location that you wanted to cover TOTALLY, would the following scenario
            work?

            1. Mount the camera on a motorized platform, pointing forward so that the
            platform isn't in the photo.

            2. Set up a local GPS system that gives you perhaps centimeter or even
            millimeter accuracy. (An engineer friend of mine told me about a site he was
            working on where they had a local GPS system set up with several
            transmitters and several receivers mounted on a bulldozer. They fed in what
            they wanted the topology to be, and the bulldozer automatically adjusted the
            pitch and height of the blade.)

            3. Drive the platform around the area to be covered, taking photos at
            regular intervals in a grid pattern so that you end up with four views taken
            at each intersection of the grid.

            4. Group the images together based on their local GPS coordinates, which
            should give you four fisheye images that you can stitch together.

            5. Navigate the final array of panos which should give you a fully immersive
            tour.

            Mark
            www.pinnacle-vr.com
            www.northernlight.net
            www.360cities.net

          • Ken Warner
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
              Do you want me to drive the car too?
              Here's the lens --
              http://store.nodalninja.com/category_s/30.htm
              Ebay has lots of cameras.

              Or not -- you still have the $1100 to spend on your first choice.

              Jan Martin wrote:
              > Details please.
              >
              > What compact cameras can take (or has) fisheye lens?
              > And for just 250 USD per camera and lens together?
              >
              > And I don't get the "sequence the shots so that the back camera moves
              > forward to the front camera's old position before the shot." idea.
              >
              > Could one really get 360 degree panos in a 100% automated way using 4
              > cameras?
              > No manual stitching or correction or entering of points for matching!
              > Free Open Source software only.
              >
              > Anyone done something like this?
              > ULRs of Examples please?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Jan
              >
              > On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
              >

              >>You could do the same thing with a compact camera and a cheap
              >>fisheye pointed straight up -- if you have a low car. And if
              >>you don't, you could put one on the front and one on the back and
              >>sequence the shots so that the back camera moves forward to the
              >>front camera's old position before the shot.
              >>
              >>Or for $1100, you could put 4 of them on your car...
              >>

              >>Jan Martin wrote:
              >>
              >>>Hi all,
              >>>
              >>>I am in the process of purchasing a 360 degree one-shot camera.
              >>>May I ask for your input?
              >>>
              >>>Please find a few examples (raw doughnuts and processed panoramas) at:
              >>>
              >>>http://mybestprojects.com/examples
              >>>
              >>>I'd like to do a kind of Google streetview website and therefore need to
              >>>take a panos every 1 second.
              >>>
              >>>What do you think?
              >>>Is this worth 1100 USD?
              >>>
              >>>Alternatives (that are robust enough)?
              >>>
              >>>Thanks,
              >>>Jan
              >>>

              >>>You will find 3 types of images:
              >>>-d frame extracted from the video the camera takes: 500-700kb
              >>>-p jpg pano made from doughnut: 450 kb
              >>>-sm smaller pano made with 75% setting from jpeg: 90-110 kb
              >>>
              >>>Please use the picture numbers for you comments:
              >>>1,3,4,6,15,32.

            • Ken Warner
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
                The IPIX has about 185 degree FOV but the edges have a strong rolloff so
                you really only can use about 175 degrees.

                And I doubt that you will get cm or mm GPS accuracy. Bulldozers are not
                really mm accurate in their work :-)

                A smart guy with money to burn could do a lot of things like you suggest.
                Unfortuantely, I miss both requirements :-))))

              • Mark D. Fink
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
                  Ah, but it's fun to dream. :o)

                  How about this one then:

                  Take three of the IPIX lenses, mount them back to back with a periscope
                  assembly on each of them. The periscope transfers the image circles down to
                  a full frame camera. I did a quick test in Photoshop, and there is room for
                  three of these 14.9mm image circles on a full frame, with a tiny bit of
                  overlap.

                  So, instead of pointing a camera up into a mirror, you point it up into an
                  array of three lenses, each of which records to a 14.9mm circle on the
                  sensor at the same time.

                  That would give you enough overlap between the lenses to compensate for the
                  light falloff. Then, write actions in Photoshop to extract the three areas
                  into separate images and stitch them together. Might even work for video?

                  Mark
                  www.pinnacle-vr.com
                  www.northernlight.net
                  www.360cities.net

                • Jan Martin
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
                    Hi all,

                    thanks for your input.

                    Ken:
                    I am aware of the GoPro cameras.

                    One would "just" have to solve these problems:
                    - Reliably adjust the cameras so one could use same templates for hugin all
                    the time.
                    - Arrange power supply while in water-proof casing.
                    - Control 4 cameras to fire at once.
                    - Get the pictures out of 4 cameras without disassembling everything.

                    And yes, I need drivers very soon, but you need to bring your own car and
                    gas. ;)

                    Robert:
                    Of course I could spend more.
                    But I am building a prototype and complete workflow for a grass-root
                    project.
                    So a 15.000 USD entry fee for a Ladybug rig is a pretty hight hurdle for
                    anyone to join.

                    There is no mirror, just a crazy-looking lens. And I get an better one in a
                    few months.

                    6.000- 16.000 USD that is the price range of a Ladybug rig.
                    Therefore I wouldn't construct a rig for that money myself anymore.

                    The example pictures have been taken from a moving car, so no motion blur
                    problem at all.

                    Mark:
                    GPS-idea not going to work for lots of GPS reasons.
                    Periscope idea not working for lots of die-hard-math optical reasons.

                    There is a commercial solution for the periscope idea of yours. Its 50.000
                    USD minimum. Used on aircraft carriers mostly. So no luck.

                    All you can hope for is to put 3 or 4 cameras back to back and do the best
                    (e.g. blending) to cover for parallax problems arising from that scenario.

                    Jan

                  • Jan Martin
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
                      Mark,

                      just found the link:

                      http://www.fullview.com/technology.html

                      Also nice overview on all the different panorama technologies available
                      right now.

                      Jan

                      On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 9:37 PM, Jan Martin <janmartin3@...>wrote:

                      > Hi all,
                      >
                      > thanks for your input.
                      >
                      > Ken:
                      > I am aware of the GoPro cameras.
                      >
                      > One would "just" have to solve these problems:
                      > - Reliably adjust the cameras so one could use same templates for hugin all
                      > the time.
                      > - Arrange power supply while in water-proof casing.
                      > - Control 4 cameras to fire at once.
                      > - Get the pictures out of 4 cameras without disassembling everything.
                      >
                      > And yes, I need drivers very soon, but you need to bring your own car and
                      > gas. ;)
                      >
                      > Robert:
                      > Of course I could spend more.
                      > But I am building a prototype and complete workflow for a grass-root
                      > project.
                      > So a 15.000 USD entry fee for a Ladybug rig is a pretty hight hurdle for
                      > anyone to join.
                      >
                      > There is no mirror, just a crazy-looking lens. And I get an better one in a
                      > few months.
                      >
                      > 6.000- 16.000 USD that is the price range of a Ladybug rig.
                      > Therefore I wouldn't construct a rig for that money myself anymore.
                      >
                      > The example pictures have been taken from a moving car, so no motion blur
                      > problem at all.
                      >
                      > Mark:
                      > GPS-idea not going to work for lots of GPS reasons.
                      > Periscope idea not working for lots of die-hard-math optical reasons.
                      >
                      > There is a commercial solution for the periscope idea of yours. Its 50.000
                      > USD minimum. Used on aircraft carriers mostly. So no luck.
                      >
                      > All you can hope for is to put 3 or 4 cameras back to back and do the best
                      > (e.g. blending) to cover for parallax problems arising from that scenario.
                      >
                      > Jan

                    • Robert Fisher
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
                        Last time I checked the ladybug is $25k. I am talking about 3-4 still
                        cameras with lenses. cosumer cameras and the ladybug don't have the
                        resolution but if your goal is to do the same as Streetview then
                        that's a pretty low standard of quality. I would aim higher.

                        Also I would bet that crazy looking lens has a mirror in it otherwise
                        the image would be shaped differently.

                        On Jul 1, 2009, at 12:37 PM, Jan Martin wrote:

                        > Hi all,
                        >
                        > thanks for your input.
                        >
                        > Ken:
                        > I am aware of the GoPro cameras.
                        >
                        > One would "just" have to solve these problems:
                        > - Reliably adjust the cameras so one could use same templates for
                        > hugin all
                        > the time.
                        > - Arrange power supply while in water-proof casing.
                        > - Control 4 cameras to fire at once.
                        > - Get the pictures out of 4 cameras without disassembling everything.
                        >
                        > And yes, I need drivers very soon, but you need to bring your own
                        > car and
                        > gas. ;)
                        >
                        > Robert:
                        > Of course I could spend more.
                        > But I am building a prototype and complete workflow for a grass-root
                        > project.
                        > So a 15.000 USD entry fee for a Ladybug rig is a pretty hight
                        > hurdle for
                        > anyone to join.
                        >
                        > There is no mirror, just a crazy-looking lens. And I get an better
                        > one in a
                        > few months.
                        >
                        > 6.000- 16.000 USD that is the price range of a Ladybug rig.
                        > Therefore I wouldn't construct a rig for that money myself anymore.
                        >
                        > The example pictures have been taken from a moving car, so no
                        > motion blur
                        > problem at all.
                        >
                        > Mark:
                        > GPS-idea not going to work for lots of GPS reasons.
                        > Periscope idea not working for lots of die-hard-math optical reasons.
                        >
                        > There is a commercial solution for the periscope idea of yours. Its
                        > 50.000
                        > USD minimum. Used on aircraft carriers mostly. So no luck.
                        >
                        > All you can hope for is to put 3 or 4 cameras back to back and do
                        > the best
                        > (e.g. blending) to cover for parallax problems arising from that
                        > scenario.
                        >
                        > Jan

                        Cheers
                        Robert Fisher
                        VR Photography / Cinematography

                      • panovrx
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Robert Fisher <bob@...> wrote:

                          > Last time I checked the ladybug is $25k. I am talking about 3-4 still
                          > cameras with lenses. cosumer cameras and the ladybug don't have the
                          > resolution but if your goal is to do the same as Streetview then
                          > that's a pretty low standard of quality. I would aim higher.
                          >
                          > Also I would bet that crazy looking lens has a mirror in it otherwise
                          > the image would be shaped differently.
                          >
                          > On Jul 1, 2009, at 12:37 PM, Jan Martin wrote:
                          >

                          > > Hi all,
                          > >
                          > > thanks for your input.
                          > >
                          > > Ken:
                          > > I am aware of the GoPro cameras.
                          > >
                          > > One would "just" have to solve these problems:
                          > > - Reliably adjust the cameras so one could use same templates for
                          > > hugin all
                          > > the time.
                          > > - Arrange power supply while in water-proof casing.
                          > > - Control 4 cameras to fire at once.
                          > > - Get the pictures out of 4 cameras without disassembling everything.
                          > >
                          > > And yes, I need drivers very soon, but you need to bring your own
                          > > car and
                          > > gas. ;)
                          > >
                          > > Robert:
                          > > Of course I could spend more.
                          > > But I am building a prototype and complete workflow for a grass-root
                          > > project.
                          > > So a 15.000 USD entry fee for a Ladybug rig is a pretty hight
                          > > hurdle for
                          > > anyone to join.
                          > >
                          > > There is no mirror, just a crazy-looking lens. And I get an better
                          > > one in a
                          > > few months.
                          > >
                          > > 6.000- 16.000 USD that is the price range of a Ladybug rig.
                          > > Therefore I wouldn't construct a rig for that money myself anymore.
                          > >
                          > > The example pictures have been taken from a moving car, so no
                          > > motion blur
                          > > problem at all.
                          > >
                          > > Mark:
                          > > GPS-idea not going to work for lots of GPS reasons.
                          > > Periscope idea not working for lots of die-hard-math optical reasons.
                          > >
                          > > There is a commercial solution for the periscope idea of yours. Its
                          > > 50.000
                          > > USD minimum. Used on aircraft carriers mostly. So no luck.
                          > >
                          > > All you can hope for is to put 3 or 4 cameras back to back and do
                          > > the best
                          > > (e.g. blending) to cover for parallax problems arising from that
                          > > scenario.
                          > >
                          > > Jan

                          > Cheers
                          > Robert Fisher
                          > VR Photography / Cinematography

                          There is a community of radio controlled model aeroplane fanatics interested in monitoring their flights in realtime via a video feed and they are working on hacking the cheap Aiptek A-HD+ video camera so that the tiny camera sensor part of the video camera can be detached and tethered with a cable to the rest of the camera. This sensor has a M12 lens mount and can be fitted with a miniature Sunex fisheye lens. Quality for stills and video with this is much better in my tests than the GoPro. (5M stills) When the detaching problem is solved (soon apparently) it will be possible to build a 3 lens fisheye module that will fit in a 1" cube I think (for about $1000US). The only problem then will be overriding the automatic exposure of the camera.
                          http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936068&page=44

                          Peter M
                        • Jim Watters
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
                            I have been working on a multi-camera rig for shooting panorama video.
                            I used inexpensive web-cams because we already had them.
                            http://photocreations.ca/panhead/index.html

                            Jim Watters

                            http://photocreations.ca

                            Jan Martin wrote:
                            > I'd like to do a kind of Google streetview website and therefore need to
                            > take a panos every 1 second.
                            > From rooftop of a moving car, motorbike, bicycle or on foot.
                            > Alternatives (that are robust enough)?
                            >
                            > Thanks,
                            > Jan
                          • Jan Martin
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
                              Congratulations Jim!

                              Seems you managed to do what Bill Meikle over at
                              http://www.vrhotwires.com/InexpensivePanoramicVideo.html
                              gave up on.

                              In the end he purchased a Ladybug rig and went on 6 month around-the-world
                              trip with his family.

                              I thought about a rig like yours.

                              However I would have gone for circuit board cameras with a proper lens mount
                              and machine the rack from a block of aluminum.

                              Given your experience, what camera and setup would you got for when doing it
                              again?

                              Jan

                              On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Jim Watters <jwatters@...>wrote:

                              > I have been working on a multi-camera rig for shooting panorama video.
                              > I used inexpensive web-cams because we already had them.
                              > http://photocreations.ca/panhead/index.html
                              >
                              > Jim Watters
                              >
                              > http://photocreations.ca
                              >

                              > Jan Martin wrote:
                              > > I'd like to do a kind of Google streetview website and therefore need to
                              > > take a panos every 1 second.
                              > > From rooftop of a moving car, motorbike, bicycle or on foot.
                              > > Alternatives (that are robust enough)?
                              > >
                              > > Thanks,
                              > > Jan

                            • Jim Watters
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 2, 2009
                                Jan Martin wrote:
                                > Congratulations Jim!

                                Thank you.

                                > Seems you managed to do what Bill Meikle over at
                                > http://www.vrhotwires.com/InexpensivePanoramicVideo.html
                                > gave up on.

                                Yes I have been following Bills creations and adventures for a long time.

                                > I would have gone for circuit board cameras with a proper lens
                                > mount and machine the rack from a block of aluminum.
                                > Given your experience, what camera and setup would you got for
                                > when doing it again?

                                Yes my next version might be that. Inexpensive was the current plan.
                                Already had the web-cams.
                                The Ladybug3 has 6 cameras that does 1600X1200 (2MP) at 15 fps
                                compressed or 6.5 fps uncompressed using Firewire.
                                The biggest gain in image size and speed will be with USB3 or gigabit
                                eithernet, or saving to camera local memory.
                                The cameras I am using are a combination of 4MP and 5MP but capturing
                                compressed video is limited to 15 fps at 960X720.

                                PointGrey does sell the cameras used in the Ladybug separately.
                                Or something like this http://www.vrmagic.com/en/news_img/
                                When I ordered the fisheye lenses to use with my setup I did not
                                consider the position of the NPP of the lens. The Sunex DSL209A would
                                make a tighter configuration, particularly on a 1/2" CCD sensor.
                                http://www.optics-online.com/OOL/DSL/DSL219.PDF
                                There are the open hardware cameras, Elphel
                                http://community.elphel.com/pictures/elphel354-10-open.jpg
                                http://wiki.elphel.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

                                Jim Watters
                                > Jan
                                >
                                > On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Jim Watters <jwatters@...>wrote:
                                >
                                >> I have been working on a multi-camera rig for shooting panorama video.
                                >> I used inexpensive web-cams because we already had them.
                                >> http://photocreations.ca/panhead/index.html
                                >>
                                >> Jim Watters
                                >>
                                >> http://photocreations.ca
                                >>

                                >> Jan Martin wrote:
                                >>
                                >>> I'd like to do a kind of Google streetview website and therefore need to
                                >>> take a panos every 1 second.
                                >>> From rooftop of a moving car, motorbike, bicycle or on foot.
                                >>> Alternatives (that are robust enough)?
                                >>>
                                >>> Thanks,
                                >>> Jan
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 2, 2009
                                  Jan Martin wrote:

                                  > http://www.fullview.com/technology.html
                                  >
                                  > Also nice overview on all the different panorama technologies available
                                  > right now.

                                  Nice overview, but what they write about details and drawbacks of some
                                  technologies is at least partly bullshit, f.e. they write: "Reflection
                                  off a nonplanar mirror is, in general, blurred because each perceived
                                  image point is actually an image of an extended region in space"

                                  This sentence contradicts itself, since if there is a point in the image
                                  it means the image is sharp. Whether this point is a larger area in
                                  reality is a question of resolution. It is true that the image in a
                                  curved mirror appears very small, but this applies to fisheyes as well.

                                  They write: "Single camera looking out through a fisheye lens: Images of
                                  nearby objects are distorted irretrievably, ..." Well, there are a lot
                                  of tight spaces sphericals shot with fisheye lenses out there which
                                  prove this wrong, f.e.: http://worldwidepanorama.org/wwp_rss/go/n3858

                                  I also don't understand, why a "scene must be well illuminated or slow
                                  changing" in order to be shot with a fisheye or spherical mirror...

                                  Obviously the writers of this page didn't learn much since their
                                  "invention" back in 1995...

                                  best regards
                                • Milo
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 2, 2009
                                    Jan,

                                    I was also researching on a multiple camera one shot right. So far just pure research I haven't made any major purchases :)

                                    the MrotatorR panohead from Agnos can hold 3 cropped frame cameras tilted at 60 degrees. Download the examples, like the one in the gondola. But it seems you have to put this very high on your car.

                                    http://www.agnos.com/prodotti.htm?v_lingua=ENG&v_iss_web=0000000009070301403151786994&v_categ_lista=P0000-P0005-P0509&v_cod_art_scheda=MROTATORRPE

                                    This link was sent by Phil Warner. There's a photo of a rig with 4 cameras. But this one was used on a helicopter. google aerial view?lol

                                    http://www.aplanding.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2175

                                    We had a similar thread in the krpano forums

                                    http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=935

                                    Cheers,
                                    Milo