Re: [PanoToolsNG] help with the right software for my mac?

  • Harry van der Wolf
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hi Chris,

      You should download the
      HuginOSX-v061_build2.dmg<http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=77506&filename=HuginOSX-v061_build2.dmg&a=42849664>.
      The other ones are not suitable for your.
      The tarball is a source version which you have to compile yourself.
      The universal one can be run on both ppc and i386 and is bigger than a
      native ppc version, but it will take installed about 50 MB. What's the
      issue?
      10 8Mp+ source images and it's resulting pano take more space. And that's
      when talking about jpegs. With 10 8p+ tiff images you have easily 150-250
      MB.

      Harry

      2009/7/1 Chris Burck <chris.burck@...>

      > ok, bruno kindly provided the url for the complete list of hugin
      > downloads, which could not seem to navigate to. now i need to ask
      > which of the options do i want? there is a link for
      > hugin-0.6.1_mac-tools.tar.gz, another for hugin-0.6.1.tar.bz, and
      > another for HuginOSX-v061_build2.dmg a universal binary. this last
      > one seems like it would use more drive space than a native ppc
      > version. so if i can use the first one, apparently a tarball version
      > (haven't figured what that means yet), then i guess that would my
      > preference. can anyone offer any guidance? thanks again.

    • Chris Burck
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2009
        thanks, harry. i'll download the binary for now. i am on a fixed
        storage income, so to speak, for the next several months at least so i
        have to try and optimize wherever possible. i don't work with large
        image files. 99% of what i do is film, scanning black and white negs
        at 1200ppi or 2400ppi so the files are usually 10MB or less, and only
        the very best of them are stored as tiffs. the rest are either
        deleted or saved as jpegs (if i want to share them, i'd be doing so in
        jpeg format anyway). thanks again. i appreciate all the help
        everyone has kindly given. i'll let you all know how i get on.