Stitching movie stills

  • Antonio Roberts
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2009
      I had an idea for stitching stills from a movie together to make a
      panoramic image using Hugin. I separated the movie into stills using
      Avidemux and then tried to get it to automoatically stitch them
      together but it kept asking me for the HFOV of the first two images
      and then I had to manually use the algorithm to add points (the G key)
      to all 240 images.

      I suspect I get this error because there is no lense or camera data as
      they're just image stills, but I could be wrong. Is there any way to
      automate the pressing of the G key for all of the images?

      Thanks
    • Bruno Postle
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 2:16 AM
        On Tue 30-Jun-2009 at 23:01 +0100, Antonio Roberts wrote:
        >I had an idea for stitching stills from a movie together to make a
        >panoramic image using Hugin. I separated the movie into stills using
        >Avidemux and then tried to get it to automoatically stitch them
        >together but it kept asking me for the HFOV of the first two images
        >and then I had to manually use the algorithm to add points (the G key)
        >to all 240 images.

        You can just use normal control point generation, see this blog
        posting for some tips:

        http://habi.gna.ch/2009/04/10/panoramas-from-low-quality-movies/

        ..and this flickr group for some stitched examples:

        http://www.flickr.com/groups/panoramasfrommovies/

        --
        Bruno