new menber

  • Chris Burck
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2009
      hello to all. i was curious about the possibility of finding a photo
      stitching freeware that would work on my mac. so i did a google
      search, zeroed in on panotools, which eventually led me here. i've
      never done a pano, and it already seems clear to me there's a whole
      subculture with it's own jargon, frames of reference, etc. most of
      which as a newbie is over my head. and then there's the added
      dimension of the software and its complications (technically savvy i
      am *not*) as well as the whole open source thing--which i think is
      fantastic but also hard to get a grip on with all the different
      threads, parallel developments, etc. it's a lot to wrap your brain
      around. so please go easy on me. . . .anyway, thanks for having me
      and hopefully i'll be doing some stitching before long.
    • Mark D. Fink
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2009
        Hi Chris,

        Welcome to the group! You'll find a wealth of information on the web site at
        http://wiki.panotools.org/. That would be my first recommendation, then, as
        you have questions that need answering, post them here to the group.

        Have fun!

        Mark
        www.pinnacle-vr.com
        www.northernlight.net
        www.360cities.net

      • Chris Burck
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2009
          thank you mark for that link. it is very helpful.