Re: [PanoToolsNG] Champs Elysées 365visit

  • Wim Koornneef
    Message 1 of 33 , Jun 29, 2009
      Hello Thomas,

      Fist the bad part :-(
      Others already said a lot about the poor quality of the production so I will
      not repeat all issues but I have to say 1 thing about it.
      Would you be happy if you where the customer, I mean you have your own
      standards of quality and when you measure your own production are you then
      really satisfied about it ? I wonder.

      Now the good part :-)
      With an adapted method for shooting and processing your approach has
      definitely a big potential, despite all critics I like it a lot.
      BTW, I love Paris ;-)
      http://www.qtbridge.com/pleinpot/gallery_pleinpot/demo_2/Champs_Elysee.html

      Suggestion:
      Before continuing I suggest that you fine tune your method but not with a
      1000 images over kilometers but with just a couple of dozens over 100 meter
      and then hopefully you can solve other issues f.e. what to do with the shade
      of the equipment when shooting in bright daylight.
      (I suspect that the images of your tour are shot on purpose on a cloudy day
      to avoid this issue....)

      I like to see a follow up.
      Success,

      Wim

      Thomas Demolliens wrote:
      > ...Your opinion?..

    • Thomas Demolliens
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 3, 2009
        Thanks Jim for your interesting answer. I do not quite agree with the
        Google Streetview navigation, I find it quite messy, difficult to
        understand and not very intuitive. But it's true that there are many
        predictables nodes which is really a plus.