Re: [PanoToolsNG] OT - help - convert h.264 AVI to h.264 .mov or .mp4

  • Alex-RR
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2009
      Try Super © freeware by erightsoft
      Very useful converter.
      Alex

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Jeffrey Martin
      To: panotoolsng
      Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 9:20 AM
      Subject: [PanoToolsNG] OT - help - convert h.264 AVI to h.264 .mov or .mp4

      I'm creating an h.264 encoded video using virtualdub - it spits out an .avi
      file. which is ok. but, i need to make the same file with a mp4 or mov file
      extension. I don't really understand the difference - it should be almost
      the same actual file - same encoding, different wrapper. well i am aware how
      ignorant I am with this stuff.

      Anyway, does anyone know the best way to create mov or mp4 files of an h.264
      video? preferably using virtualdub or some other command line tool. And no,
      not using quicktime - I know quicktime will work but I don't want to use it
      at this time.

      thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

      Jeffrey Martin
      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin