Check out my photos on Facebook

  • Tamas D.Varga
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 25, 2009
      Hi Panotoolsng@yahoogroups.com,

      Thanks,
      Tamas

      http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=537436897&k=R2FT266RW4VM5J1FP13XV3&r

      http://www.facebook.com/o.php?k=ae01fe&u=1846123478&mid=adfb52G6e099bd6G0G8

    • pedro_silva58
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 25, 2009
        greetings!

        in addition to this message to the list, i got a similar message to my private email account (nb: i do *not* get copies of regular list messages by email). i don't know how this is possible. this is totally unacceptable. i do not care to "unsubscribe" from facebook, since i never subscribed in the first place. whoever is responsible for this must undo it asap.

        cheers,
        pedro

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Tamas D.Varga <tvarga@...> wrote:

        > Hi Panotoolsng@yahoogroups.com,
        >
        > I set up a Facebook profile where I can post my pictures, videos and events and I want to add you as a friend so you can see it. First, you need to join Facebook! Once you join, you can also create your own profile.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Tamas
        >
        > To sign up for Facebook, follow the link below:
        > http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=537436897&k=R2FT266RW4VM5J1FP13XV3&r

        > http://www.facebook.com/o.php?k=ae01fe&u=1846123478&mid=adfb52G6e099bd6G0G8
        > Facebook's offices are located at 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304.

      • Thomas Bredenfeld
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 25, 2009
          same here: i got the same mail to my private email address, which is
          _not_ my facebook address and _not_ my panotools list address.

          what's going on here? someone harvesting list addresses?

          regards
          thomas

          pedro_silva58 schrieb:

          > greetings!
          >
          > in addition to this message to the list, i got a similar message to my
          > private email account (nb: i do *not* get copies of regular list
          > messages by email). i don't know how this is possible. this is totally
          > unacceptable. i do not care to "unsubscribe" from facebook, since i
          > never subscribed in the first place. whoever is responsible for this
          > must undo it asap.
          >
          > cheers,
          > pedro
          >
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, Tamas D.Varga <tvarga@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Panotoolsng@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Panotoolsng%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > >
          > > I set up a Facebook profile where I can post my pictures, videos and
          > events and I want to add you as a friend so you can see it. First, you
          > need to join Facebook! Once you join, you can also create your own profile.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Tamas
          > >
          > > To sign up for Facebook, follow the link below:
          > > http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=537436897&k=R2FT266RW4VM5J1FP13XV3&r
          > <http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=537436897&k=R2FT266RW4VM5J1FP13XV3&r>
          > >

          > > panotoolsng@yahoogroups.com <mailto:panotoolsng%40yahoogroups.com>
          > was invited to join Facebook by Tamas D.Varga. If you do not wish to
          > receive this type of email from Facebook in the future, please click on
          > the link below to unsubscribe.
          > >
          > http://www.facebook.com/o.php?k=ae01fe&u=1846123478&mid=adfb52G6e099bd6G0G8
          > <http://www.facebook.com/o.php?k=ae01fe&u=1846123478&mid=adfb52G6e099bd6G0G8>
          > > Facebook's offices are located at 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto,
          > CA 94304.

        • Ian Wood
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 25, 2009
            I'm assuming that Tamas mistakenly let Facebook send it out to
            everyone in his address book. Given that that potentially includes
            everyone who has ever contacted worldpanoramastock.com that's lot of
            non-list email addresses...

            Ian

          • Christian Bloch
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 25, 2009
              Yeah, I noticed something strange with the way facebook handles email
              addresses, too.

              I've never been on Facebook, but apparently many of my friends are.
              They keep sending me invites, and the last one said ".... This is
              already your third invite, the others you have are from XX and YY. And
              you might also know ZZ." Funny thing is, XX and YY are entirely
              unrelated people, they don't know each other. It looks like facebook
              makes an account for every email it can possibly grab, and tries to
              correlate it with something.

              Blochi

              On Jun 25, 2009, at 4:29 PM, Thomas Bredenfeld wrote:

              > same here: i got the same mail to my private email address, which is
              > _not_ my facebook address and _not_ my panotools list address.
              >
              > what's going on here? someone harvesting list addresses?
              >
              > regards
              > thomas
              >
              > pedro_silva58 schrieb:
              > >

              > > greetings!
              > >
              > > in addition to this message to the list, i got a similar message
              > to my
              > > private email account (nb: i do *not* get copies of regular list
              > > messages by email). i don't know how this is possible. this is
              > totally
              > > unacceptable. i do not care to "unsubscribe" from facebook, since i
              > > never subscribed in the first place. whoever is responsible for this
              > > must undo it asap.
              > >
              > > cheers,
              > > pedro
              > >
              > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
              > > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com>, Tamas D.Varga <tvarga@...>
              > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi Panotoolsng@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Panotoolsng%40yahoogroups.com
              > >,
              > > >
              > > > I set up a Facebook profile where I can post my pictures, videos
              > and
              > > events and I want to add you as a friend so you can see it. First,
              > you
              > > need to join Facebook! Once you join, you can also create your own
              > profile.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks,
              > > > Tamas
              > > >
              > > > To sign up for Facebook, follow the link below:
              > > > http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=537436897&k=R2FT266RW4VM5J1FP13XV3&r
              > > <http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=537436897&k=R2FT266RW4VM5J1FP13XV3&r
              > >

              > > > panotoolsng@yahoogroups.com <mailto:panotoolsng%40yahoogroups.com>
              > > was invited to join Facebook by Tamas D.Varga. If you do not wish to
              > > receive this type of email from Facebook in the future, please
              > click on
              > > the link below to unsubscribe.
              > > >
              > > http://www.facebook.com/o.php?k=ae01fe&u=1846123478&mid=adfb52G6e099bd6G0G8
              > > <http://www.facebook.com/o.php?k=ae01fe&u=1846123478&mid=adfb52G6e099bd6G0G8
              > >
              > > > Facebook's offices are located at 1601 S. California Ave., Palo
              > Alto,
              > > CA 94304.

            • AYRTON
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 25, 2009
                On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Thomas Bredenfeld <
                mailinglist@...> wrote:

                > same here: i got the same mail to my private email address, which is
                > _not_ my facebook address and _not_ my panotools list address.

                Same here with me !

                AYRTON

                > what's going on here? someone harvesting list addresses?
                >
                > regards
                > thomas
                >
                > pedro_silva58 schrieb:
                > >

                > > greetings!
                > >
                > > in addition to this message to the list, i got a similar message to my
                > > private email account (nb: i do *not* get copies of regular list
                > > messages by email). i don't know how this is possible. this is totally
                > > unacceptable. i do not care to "unsubscribe" from facebook, since i
                > > never subscribed in the first place. whoever is responsible for this
                > > must undo it asap.
                > >
                > > cheers,
                > > pedro
                > >
                > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                > > <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com <PanoToolsNG%2540yahoogroups.com>>,
                > Tamas D.Varga <tvarga@...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi Panotoolsng@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Panotoolsng%40yahoogroups.com<Panotoolsng%2540yahoogroups.com>
                > >,
                > > >
                > > > I set up a Facebook profile where I can post my pictures, videos and
                > > events and I want to add you as a friend so you can see it. First, you
                > > need to join Facebook! Once you join, you can also create your own
                > profile.
                > > >
                > > > Thanks,
                > > > Tamas
                > > >
                > > > To sign up for Facebook, follow the link below:
                > > > http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=537436897&k=R2FT266RW4VM5J1FP13XV3&r
                > > <http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=537436897&k=R2FT266RW4VM5J1FP13XV3&r>
                > > >

                > > > panotoolsng@yahoogroups.com <mailto:panotoolsng%40yahoogroups.com<panotoolsng%2540yahoogroups.com>
                > >
                > > was invited to join Facebook by Tamas D.Varga. If you do not wish to
                > > receive this type of email from Facebook in the future, please click on
                > > the link below to unsubscribe.
                > > >

                > http://www.facebook.com/o.php?k=ae01fe&u=1846123478&mid=adfb52G6e099bd6G0G8
                > > <
                > http://www.facebook.com/o.php?k=ae01fe&u=1846123478&mid=adfb52G6e099bd6G0G8
                > >
                > > > Facebook's offices are located at 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto,
                > > CA 94304.

              • Greg Nuspel
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 25, 2009
                  I closed my Facebook account when I received an email at my work from "myself' asking me to join Facebook. I now consider Facebook the source of viruses/malware and will not have anything to do with it. I encourage others to do the same.

                  Greg

                • AYRTON
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 25, 2009
                    On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Greg Nuspel <Greg.Nuspel@...> wrote:

                    > I closed my Facebook account when I received an email at my work from
                    > "myself' asking me to join Facebook.

                    > I now consider Facebook the source of viruses/malware and will not have
                    > anything to do with it.

                    It is not :-)

                    And btw : Facebook has the biggest number of registered persons in the
                    world !!!

                    You can find almost everyone there :-)

                    Twitter is growing, but far from Facebook yet

                    best
                    AYRTON

                    I encourage others to do the same.

                    > Greg

                  • Ken Warner
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 25, 2009
                      It's way more cool *NOT* to be on Facebook -- like me... :-)

                      AYRTON wrote:
                      > On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Greg Nuspel <Greg.Nuspel@...> wrote:
                      >

                      >>I closed my Facebook account when I received an email at my work from
                      >>"myself' asking me to join Facebook.
                      >

                      >>I now consider Facebook the source of viruses/malware and will not have
                      >>anything to do with it.
                      >

                      > It is not :-)
                      >
                      > And btw : Facebook has the biggest number of registered persons in the
                      > world !!!
                      >
                      > You can find almost everyone there :-)
                      >
                      > Twitter is growing, but far from Facebook yet
                      >
                      > best
                      > AYRTON

                    • Tamas D.Varga
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 27, 2009
                        Hi All,

                        sorry for the trouble that I caused with this FB invite. This is what happened: first I invited a list of carefully selected persons in my address book, then later mistakenly sent out the invite to the rest of the addresses by the FB invite option.

                        Sidenote: see how FB or any other social sites offer marketing opportunities for you:
                        http://www.visibilitymagazine.com/Tim_Kendall_/Facebook/Finding_Customers_Before_They_Search/174/default.aspx

                        Have a nice day
                        Tamas

                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ian Wood <panolists@...> wrote:

                        > I'm assuming that Tamas mistakenly let Facebook send it out to
                        > everyone in his address book. Given that that potentially includes
                        > everyone who has ever contacted worldpanoramastock.com that's lot of
                        > non-list email addresses...
                        >
                        > Ian
                      • Hans Nyberg
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 27, 2009
                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Tamas D.Varga" <tvarga@...> wrote:

                          > Hi All,
                          >
                          > sorry for the trouble that I caused with this FB invite. This is what happened: first I invited a list of carefully selected persons in my address book, then later mistakenly sent out the invite to the rest of the addresses by the FB invite option.
                          >
                          > Sidenote: see how FB or any other social sites offer marketing opportunities for you:
                          > http://www.visibilitymagazine.com/Tim_Kendall_/Facebook/Finding_Customers_Before_They_Search/174/default.aspx

                          Problem is that this is illegal in many countries.
                          In Denmark it is Spam taxed at the court depending on the amount but it can easy be several thousand euro.

                          Hans
                        • Matthew Rogers
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 27, 2009
                            I wouldn't worry, if people do not want invites then maybe they
                            shouldn't be on Facebook in the first place.

                            Matt

                            On 27 Jun 2009, at 10:45, Tamas D.Varga wrote:

                            > Hi All,
                            >
                            > sorry for the trouble that I caused with this FB invite. This is
                            > what happened: first I invited a list of carefully selected persons
                            > in my address book, then later mistakenly sent out the invite to the
                            > rest of the addresses by the FB invite option.
                            >
                            > Sidenote: see how FB or any other social sites offer marketing
                            > opportunities for you:
                            > http://www.visibilitymagazine.com/Tim_Kendall_/Facebook/Finding_Customers_Before_They_Search/174/default.aspx
                            >
                            > Have a nice day
                            > Tamas
                            >
                            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ian Wood <panolists@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I'm assuming that Tamas mistakenly let Facebook send it out to
                            > > everyone in his address book. Given that that potentially includes
                            > > everyone who has ever contacted worldpanoramastock.com that's lot of
                            > > non-list email addresses...
                            > >
                            > > Ian

                          • Robert Slade
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 27, 2009
                              Matthew Rogers wrote:

                              > I wouldn't worry, if people do not want invites then maybe they
                              > shouldn't be on Facebook in the first place.

                              You don't have to be on Facebook to get these spammy FB invites.

                              Regards,
                              Robert
                              --

                              > Matt
                              >
                              > On 27 Jun 2009, at 10:45, Tamas D.Varga wrote:
                              >

                              >> Hi All,
                              >>
                              >> sorry for the trouble that I caused with this FB invite. This is
                              >> what happened: first I invited a list of carefully selected persons
                              >> in my address book, then later mistakenly sent out the invite to the
                              >> rest of the addresses by the FB invite option.
                              >>
                              >> Sidenote: see how FB or any other social sites offer marketing
                              >> opportunities for you:
                              >> http://www.visibilitymagazine.com/Tim_Kendall_/Facebook/Finding_Customers_Before_They_Search/174/default.aspx
                              >>
                              >> Have a nice day
                              >> Tamas
                              >>
                              >> --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ian Wood <panolists@...> wrote:
                              >>> I'm assuming that Tamas mistakenly let Facebook send it out to
                              >>> everyone in his address book. Given that that potentially includes
                              >>> everyone who has ever contacted worldpanoramastock.com that's lot of
                              >>> non-list email addresses...
                              >>>
                              >>> Ian

                              Robert Slade, Photographer
                              Manor Photography 07890 564889
                              http://www.manor-photography.com
                            • Michael
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 27, 2009
                                If not willingly harvested, I'm assuming that Tamas simply did not care, like he did, when he first harvested email addresses from this list some years ago to make people join worldpanoramastock. I consider this at least unprofessional and I don't try to find excuses on behalf of his.

                                Michael