WC-E68 fisheye for compact camera

  • Lars O. Grobe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2009
      Hi all,

      I am considering to get a Raynox WC-E68 fisheye, that together with a
      converter allowing me to fix it on my camera, should allow me to shoot
      some nice fisheyes using my Lumix LX2.

      Does anyone have experience with this setup? I found several pages on
      the internet, but noone mentioned the fow achieved using this combination.

      Cheers, Lars.
    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2009
        I think there is some confusion here but it is probably
        mine.

        From what I know, the WC-e68 is a Nikon wide converter lens.
        I have a WC-e63 which is a little shorter and I use it with
        an adapter tube on my Fuji E-550 and E-900.

        With a my WC-e63 and my 28mm equivalent lens on the cameras, I
        usually take three rows of 8. Gives plenty of overlap and the
        lens is good quality. But it's not a fisheye.

        Raynox also makes some wide converter lenses and a couple of fisheyes
        for compacts. The fisheyes -- from what I've read -- are huge.