Rafting pano

  • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 22, 2009
      Hello,

      I have made a panorama of a rafting activity on the Gallego river,
      Huesca.

      http://www.abaco-digital.es/galeria_vv.php?cli=Cai

      is the first of the list

      regards

      Ignacio

    • Alex-RR
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 22, 2009
        Nicely done!
        Thanks for sharing that.

        Alex

        I have made a panorama of a rafting activity on the Gallego river,
        Huesca.

        http://www.abaco-digital.es/galeria_vv.php?cli=Cai

        is the first of the list

        regards

        Ignacio

      • Guillaume Fulchiron
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 22, 2009
          Ignacio Ferrando Margelí <fotografia@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I have made a panorama of a rafting activity on the Gallego river,
          > Huesca.
          >
          > http://www.abaco-digital.es/galeria_vv.php?cli=Cai
          >

          > is the first of the list
          >

          > regards
          >

          > Ignacio

          You're the boss !!!

          G.
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 22, 2009
            Ignacio Ferrando Margelí wrote:

            > I have made a panorama of a rafting activity on the Gallego river,
            > Huesca.
            >
            > http://www.abaco-digital.es/galeria_vv.php?cli=Cai

            Incredible panorama. With the Mallos in background. I always wanted to
            climb there...

            You always ask us riddles. Where where you shooting this panorama?
            Dancing on a slackline? Or did you suspend only the camera? Is this red
            dot in the bushes a remainder of that suspension?

            For all of your recent panoramas I had an idea how you made them, but
            not here...

            best regards
          • Guillaume Fulchiron
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 23, 2009
              Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

              > Ignacio Ferrando Margel� wrote:
              >
              > > I have made a panorama of a rafting activity on the Gallego river,
              > > Huesca.
              > >
              > > http://www.abaco-digital.es/galeria_vv.php?cli=Cai
              >

              > You always ask us riddles. Where where you shooting this panorama?
              > Dancing on a slackline? Or did you suspend only the camera? Is this red
              > dot in the bushes a remainder of that suspension?

              Maybe he's simply standing on a rock with a pole. That rock disappeared in the flood on Photoshop...

              Cheers,

              G.
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 23, 2009
                Guillaume Fulchiron wrote:

                > > You always ask us riddles. Where where you shooting this panorama?
                > > Dancing on a slackline? Or did you suspend only the camera? Is this red
                > > dot in the bushes a remainder of that suspension?
                >
                > Maybe he's simply standing on a rock with a pole. That rock disappeared
                > in the flood on Photoshop...

                Unlikely. He would have risked to crash with the raft.

                best regards
              • michel thoby
                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 23, 2009
                  Le 23 juin 09 à 17:40, Erik Krause a écrit :

                  > Guillaume Fulchiron wrote:
                  >
                  > > > You always ask us riddles. Where where you shooting this panorama?
                  > > > Dancing on a slackline? Or did you suspend only the camera? Is
                  > this red
                  > > > dot in the bushes a remainder of that suspension?
                  > >
                  > > Maybe he's simply standing on a rock with a pole. That rock
                  > disappeared
                  > > in the flood on Photoshop...
                  >
                  > Unlikely. He would have risked to crash with the raft.
                  >
                  > best regards
                  > --
                  > Erik Krause
                  Erik,

                  Ignacio's panorama is truly awesome.
                  You seem to think that the pole has to be vertical. This is not the
                  case especially for sport panoramas: you may use the pole like a long
                  fishing rod and stay "away" from the scene while the camera can be
                  right above where the action is.
                  BTW Tristan Shu had done a similar panorama about two years ago:
                  http://tinyurl.com/5qfepf
                  Click on the "rafting" button on the list.

                  Best regards

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 23, 2009
                    michel thoby wrote:

                    > Ignacio's panorama is truly awesome.
                    > You seem to think that the pole has to be vertical. This is not the
                    > case especially for sport panoramas: you may use the pole like a long
                    > fishing rod and stay "away" from the scene while the camera can be
                    > right above where the action is.

                    I know, and I did some in this fashion myself (albeit not sporting
                    panoramas). My first spherical ever (Welcome to Verdon) was made this
                    way, too: http://pano.erik-krause.de/verdon/

                    However, a pretty long pole would have been needed in Ignacio's case...

                    best regards
                  • AYRTON
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jun 23, 2009
                      On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

                      > I know, and I did some in this fashion myself (albeit not sporting
                      > panoramas). My first spherical ever (Welcome to Verdon) was made this
                      > way, too: http://pano.erik-krause.de/verdon/
                      >
                      > However, a pretty long pole would have been needed in Ignacio's case...

                      I would say a very very longggg pole :-)

                      It's very far from the margin to the center of the river

                      best
                      AYRTON

                      > best regards
                      > --
                      > Erik Krause
                      > http://www.erik-krause.de

                    • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jun 23, 2009

                        >> > However, a pretty long pole would have been needed in Ignacio's
                        >> case...
                        >>
                        >> I would say a very very longggg pole :-)
                        >>
                        >> It's very far from the margin to the center of the river

                        Thats true... and no way to hang my camera on a pole there....:-))

                        no I placed a rope from one sido to the other an then I hang on the
                        middle of the rope with a monopod...

                        regards

                        Ignacio

                      • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jun 23, 2009
                          Quoting AYRTON <avi@...>:

                          > On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > I know, and I did some in this fashion myself (albeit not sporting
                          > > panoramas). My first spherical ever (Welcome to Verdon) was made this
                          > > way, too: http://pano.erik-krause.de/verdon/
                          > >
                          > > However, a pretty long pole would have been needed in Ignacio's case...
                          >

                          > I would say a very very longggg pole :-)

                          He leapt the river in his motorbike and got the downshot. then leapt the river
                          in his motorbike 3 more times to get the rest clearly'

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jun 23, 2009
                            Ignacio Ferrando Margelí wrote:

                            > no I placed a rope from one sido to the other an then I hang on the
                            > middle of the rope with a monopod...

                            I knew my slackline idea wasn't far from reality ;-)
                            Ignacio, what about a panorama from (and of) a highline? It's not
                            necessary to have the Lost Arrow Spire highline though...:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA3A5RQB1Lk
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90xfWYnz9KM

                            ;-)

                            best regards
                          • stuart2360
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jun 24, 2009
                              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, crane@... wrote:
                              Just thouight I would join in on this one. Here are some shots I have done, but they are a few years old now and also it was my way of learning pano and photoshop at the time. But glad to have got rid of the peleng lens now! Anyway hope you like some of the ideas I had.
                              http://www.sk-images.com/sports/index.html

                              > Quoting AYRTON <avi@...>:
                              >
                              > > On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > > I know, and I did some in this fashion myself (albeit not sporting
                              > > > panoramas). My first spherical ever (Welcome to Verdon) was made this
                              > > > way, too: http://pano.erik-krause.de/verdon/
                              > > >
                              > > > However, a pretty long pole would have been needed in Ignacio's case...
                              > >

                              > > I would say a very very longggg pole :-)
                              >
                              > He leapt the river in his motorbike and got the downshot. then leapt the river
                              > in his motorbike 3 more times to get the rest clearly'

                            • Martin Hrdlicka
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jun 24, 2009
                                Hey Stuart,
                                Absolutely great images!
                                Why didn't I see them earlier??

                                Marty

                                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "stuart2360" <stuart2360@...> wrote:

                                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, crane@ wrote:
                                > Just thouight I would join in on this one. Here are some shots I have done, but they are a few years old now and also it was my way of learning pano and photoshop at the time. But glad to have got rid of the peleng lens now! Anyway hope you like some of the ideas I had.
                                > http://www.sk-images.com/sports/index.html
                                > >
                                > > Quoting AYRTON <avi@>:

                                > > > I would say a very very longggg pole :-)
                                > >
                                > > He leapt the river in his motorbike and got the downshot. then leapt the river
                                > > in his motorbike 3 more times to get the rest clearly'

                                > > This mail sent through http://www.ukonline.net

                              • Mark D. Fink
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jun 25, 2009
                                  GREAT images! You hang out with some pretty daring/interesting/crazy people!
                                  :o) I noticed while switching around between full screen views that
                                  sometimes, a tile from the previous image remains behind and shows up on the
                                  next image selected. I have a couple of screen shots if you'd like to see
                                  what that looks like.

                                  I think it happens if you click on the next pano before the current one
                                  finishes loading, or maybe it has to do with clicking and dragging on an
                                  image before it has completed loading. I'm not sure exactly what the
                                  conditions are.

                                  Mark
                                  www.pinnacle-vr.com
                                  www.northernlight.net
                                  www.360cities.net

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jun 25, 2009
                                    Quoting "Mark D. Fink" <markdfink@...>:

                                    > GREAT images! You hang out with some pretty daring/interesting/crazy people!
                                    > :o) I noticed while switching around between full screen views that
                                    > sometimes, a tile from the previous image remains behind and shows up on the
                                    > next image selected. I have a couple of screen shots if you'd like to see
                                    > what that looks like.
                                    >
                                    > I think it happens if you click on the next pano before the current one
                                    > finishes loading, or maybe it has to do with clicking and dragging on an
                                    > image before it has completed loading. I'm not sure exactly what the
                                    > conditions are.

                                    excellent! mouse behaves a bit strangely so it's not so smooth but otherwise
                                    very good.

                                    mick

                                  • stuart2360
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jun 25, 2009
                                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Fink" <markdfink@...>

                                      wrote:

                                      Hi
                                      Thanks for the flowers!!!!!!! I am just not the forum type thats why I have not posted before. Mark, yes please send me the screen shots. I actually have to update the whole site I made it a while ago and have not updated the pano stuff since at least a year.
                                      So any other feed back would be great from you guys as it seems that you all give some good critic amongst the group.