Nikon G to Canon EF Adaptors

  • Roger Berry
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 22, 2009
      I'm looking for one of the newer types of Nikon G to Canon EF Mount Adaptors that provides manual control of the aperture. My current adaptor doesn't have the aperture control. What's the best brand of aperture others are using which work good?
      This will be for my Canon 5D Mark-2 with a 10.5mm Nikon lens.

      Thanks,
      Roger Berry
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 22, 2009
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Berry" <onezebra1@...> wrote:

        > I'm looking for one of the newer types of Nikon G to Canon EF Mount Adaptors that provides manual control of the aperture. My current adaptor doesn't have the aperture control. What's the best brand of aperture others are using which work good?
        > This will be for my Canon 5D Mark-2 with a 10.5mm Nikon lens.

        I never heard of that solution besides homemade ones.

        Are you sure you do not think of the focus confirmation. Not sure if that works with the 10.5 though
        http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/nikon-canon-af-adapter.htm

        Hans
      • Roger Berry
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 22, 2009
          > I never heard of that solution besides homemade ones.
          >
          > Are you sure you do not think of the focus confirmation. Not sure if that works with the 10.5 though
          > http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/nikon-canon-af-adapter.htm
          >
          > Hans

          Hi Hans,
          This place sells them, maybe they are the only ones who do. Just thought I would check around first before ordering one.
          http://www.16-9.net/nikon_g/

          Roger Berry
        • huib_n
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 22, 2009
            I have now for one year an adaptor from www.16-9.net. It took a long time and the first one didn't work. But after sending the adapter I got a new one which I use for Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 / 1Ds3 and that works very good. But everything is manual.

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Berry" <onezebra1@...> wrote:

            > > I never heard of that solution besides homemade ones.
            > >
            > > Are you sure you do not think of the focus confirmation. Not sure if that works with the 10.5 though
            > > http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/nikon-canon-af-adapter.htm
            > >
            > > Hans
            > >

            > Hi Hans,
            > This place sells them, maybe they are the only ones who do. Just thought I would check around first before ordering one.
            > http://www.16-9.net/nikon_g/
            >
            > Roger Berry

          • Roger Berry
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 25, 2009
              Well I just bought one of the Nikon to Canon lens adaptors with aperture control made by www.16-9.net. I found it on eBay for $135 and it's still in the box, it was never used because they never got the Nikon 14-24mm lens to go with it.
              I should have this in my hands by Monday. Also I just received a Phottix Plato 2.4GHz wireless remote today.

              Roger Berry
              Htt://IndiaVRtours.com