Output Fails from Pano2VR

  • Paul Fretheim
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 20, 2009
      I am running Pano2VR version 2.2.3. When I click the button with the
      icon of the two little gears to get the output created and then "yes" on
      "Create Output?" instead of creating the .swf file properly, a small
      file, 89.2 kb is created and when it displays, all I get is a gray
      screen with the controller_new_popup.ggsk at the bottom. The source
      file is an 8 bit .tif that is 29,353 x 8,545.

      This is a recurrent problem that seems to happen randomly. I have tried
      resizing the source file to dimensions divisible by 96, which used to
      solve problems with QTVRAS but does not seem to help with this problem
      with Pano2VR. Sometimes if I delete the aborted .swf the next time I
      try the output it works, but this file has been failing for many, many
      tries over the past 10 hours. I have restarted my machine and closed
      all other applications. I reinstalled Pano2VR from a fresh download. I
      am running in Vista Home Premium 64 bit with 8 gigs of RAM.

      I have tried outputting the file as .jpeg from Photoshop CS4 and using
      the .jpeg file as the source image. I have rebooted my computer in
      Windows XP service pack 3. I get the same 89.2 kb aborted output anyway.

      Has anyone experienced this problem? Has anyone got a solution?

      Where better should I post this inquiry?

      Thank you. These are the sorts of problems you encounter when you have
      to completely restructure a project with 300 large panoramas, which
      readers of this list know I have been forced to do because Adobe does
      not license a free standing player so I had to restructure using htmls.
      I have approximately 1000 links to redo and I haven't even started on
      that yet. I did get one product to the replicator last week and now I
      have this large Sierra project which will result in three different
      products to complete. Restructuring such a large project - it has taken
      over 5 years to shoot and produce the panoramas - is not trivial.

      Paul Fretheim
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 20, 2009
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim <paul@...> wrote:

        > I am running Pano2VR version 2.2.3. When I click the button with the
        > icon of the two little gears to get the output created and then "yes" on
        > "Create Output?" instead of creating the .swf file properly, a small
        > file, 89.2 kb is created and when it displays, all I get is a gray
        > screen with the controller_new_popup.ggsk at the bottom. The source
        > file is an 8 bit .tif that is 29,353 x 8,545.

        Paul

        29,353 is a huge file . Much to large for flash. And probably also to large for Pano2VR tp handle during conversion.
        Remember that all cylindrical panos you make in Pano2VR are converted to Cubic.

        Both for QTVR and Flash.
        This means that you get cubefaces of 7338x7338 unless you change the size of them from the default creation.

        For flash maximum should be 2400x2400. I prefer just 1600x1600
        That is possible to see also on a computer with 512mb ram.

        That means your input panorama should be 2400x4=9600 pixels in width

        Hans

        > This is a recurrent problem that seems to happen randomly. I have tried
        > resizing the source file to dimensions divisible by 96, which used to
        > solve problems with QTVRAS but does not seem to help with this problem
        > with Pano2VR. Sometimes if I delete the aborted .swf the next time I
        > try the output it works, but this file has been failing for many, many
        > tries over the past 10 hours. I have restarted my machine and closed
        > all other applications. I reinstalled Pano2VR from a fresh download. I
        > am running in Vista Home Premium 64 bit with 8 gigs of RAM.
        >
        > I have tried outputting the file as .jpeg from Photoshop CS4 and using
        > the .jpeg file as the source image. I have rebooted my computer in
        > Windows XP service pack 3. I get the same 89.2 kb aborted output anyway.
        >
        > Has anyone experienced this problem? Has anyone got a solution?
        >
        > Where better should I post this inquiry?
        >
        > Thank you. These are the sorts of problems you encounter when you have
        > to completely restructure a project with 300 large panoramas, which
        > readers of this list know I have been forced to do because Adobe does
        > not license a free standing player so I had to restructure using htmls.
        > I have approximately 1000 links to redo and I haven't even started on
        > that yet. I did get one product to the replicator last week and now I
        > have this large Sierra project which will result in three different
        > products to complete. Restructuring such a large project - it has taken
        > over 5 years to shoot and produce the panoramas - is not trivial.
        >
        > Paul Fretheim

      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 20, 2009
          http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

          Paul Fretheim wrote:

          > Has anyone experienced this problem? Has anyone got a solution?
          >
          > Where better should I post this inquiry?

        • Uri Cogan
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 20, 2009
            I created a panorama for For the current WWP "Time" project which includes text in
            several languages that I don't know, in fonts that I can't read, but I
            still had to edit the text, and adjust the formatting.

            A preliminary test copy of that panorama is at
            http://www.uricogan.com/stuff/time_test.html

            I'll appreciate any comments or notes that may help correct what I
            screwed up.

            The Hebrew, Chinese, Russian and English texts are verified already.

            The languages that I may need help with are:

            Arabic, Hindi.

            Uri
          • ptgroup
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 20, 2009
              uri:
              with respect to the world´s language ratio you are wrong with your
              languages.
              Well - you never said that it should have to deal with that :))

              ciao
              mike

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 20, 2009
                I don't think this pano depends on some language ratio but nevertheless
                a Latin version might be interesting! I can't really help with Hindi or
                Arabic though, sorry! BTW "Arabic numbers" are no problem [1] ;-)

                Great idea (and message), Uri!

                Carl

                1: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu-Arabic_numeral_system>

                Posted by: "ptgroup"

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 20, 2009
                  Carl von Einem wrote:

                  > I don't think this pano depends on some language ratio but nevertheless
                  > a Latin version might be interesting! I can't really help with Hindi or
                  > Arabic though, sorry! BTW "Arabic numbers" are no problem [1] ;-)

                  Yes, but I did not think of any "ratio" and simply chose whatever came
                  into my head. :-)

                  > Great idea (and message), Uri!

                  I'm not sure of any "message", just a set of observations. That book
                  (ecclesiastes) is one of my favourites; for me it has a distinct, sort
                  of "Buddhist" flavour.

                  Uri.
                • ptgroup
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 21, 2009
                    what is interesting is that all languages hav different writings -that makes
                    is very "grafically" and special.
                    ciao
                    mike