Re: New Tokina 10-17mm fisheye zoom

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
      You already know that, don't you? :-)

      It is my personal Sigma lens, mounted on one of the Tokina owned
      Canons there, whilst I was shooting the panorama with the Tokina
      lens from that Canon body :-)))

      Yours,
      Michael

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Nicola Graverini <nicolag@...>
      wrote:

      > Michael ha scritto:
      > >

      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > (sorry for cross posting)
      > >
      > > last week I visited the Tokina booth at the Photokina and I had
      the
      > > chance to make a pano with their new 10-17mm fisheye zoom lens,
      fully
      > > named AT-X 107 AF DX. The lens was mounted on a Canon 20D, I
      used a
      > > Manfrotto 303 SPH head with quick adaption.
      > >
      > > The result from this lens is great I think. See a QTVR with max
      res of
      > > nearly 10.000 x 5000 (4.5 MB with 40% JPG compression, done in
      > > CubicConverter).
      > >
      > > http://www.premiumpano.de/special/tokina_107.html
      > > <http://www.premiumpano.de/special/tokina_107.html>
      > >
      > Think this is an excellent indoor pano!!
      > Only a question.... why the first canon on the Tokina desk has a
      Sigma
      > lens cap?
      > :-P
      >
      > Ciao,
      > Nicola

    • Nicola Graverini
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
        Michael ha scritto:

        > You already know that, don't you? :-)

        I figured that after the first post!

        Ciao,
        Nicola
      • hmmsomethingelse
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
          Very nice pano. Presumably means it will be available for canon mounts
          without needing an adaptor?

          B and H photo have the pentax version for 500 us dollars and a 100
          dollar rebate which looks hopefull. Mind you also says not for full
          frame cameras, though the nikon 10.5mm said that too. If it does work
          then it suggets over 200 degrees fov without the hood. I can see this
          becomming the new standard for full frame cameras. Heres hoping.
        • Michael
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "hmmsomethingelse"
            <hmmsomethingelse@...> wrote:

            > Very nice pano. Presumably means it will be available for canon
            mounts
            > without needing an adaptor?

            Yes. They provide a Canon mount and a Nikon mount version.

            Michael
            www.premiumpano.de