Re: Pano2QTVR and overlays

  • wuuuz_144
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10, 2006
      Hi Yuv,

      > I need to put an overlay over a QTVR.
      >
      > Is there a way to achieve this with Pano2QTVR?

      Yes! Just go to "Additional Sprites" click "Add", select the file you
      want (JPEG, GIF, PNG, SWF what ever), check visible and position it
      where ever you want.

      MfG, Thomas
    • yuval_levy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2006
        Hi Thomas,
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "wuuuz_144" <yahoo@...> wrote:
        > > I need to put an overlay over a QTVR.
        > >
        > > Is there a way to achieve this with Pano2QTVR?
        >
        > Yes! Just go to "Additional Sprites" click "Add", select the file you
        > want (JPEG, GIF, PNG, SWF what ever), check visible and position it
        > where ever you want.

        It works, but not exactly as intended. Tried with a 24bit PNG with
        transparency. The image is there but the transparency is... ehehm...
        very weird with some colors from the old background and stripes from
        the foreground.

        I tried with "transparent" and with "copy" as blend option. Any idea?

        MfG, Yuv
      • Thomas Rauscher
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2006
          Hello yuv,

          on Wednesday, July 12, 2006, 00:17:08 you wrote:

          >> > I need to put an overlay over a QTVR.
          >> > Is there a way to achieve this with Pano2QTVR?
          >> Yes! Just go to "Additional Sprites" click "Add", select the file you
          >> want (JPEG, GIF, PNG, SWF what ever), check visible and position it
          >> where ever you want.

          y> It works, but not exactly as intended. Tried with a 24bit PNG with
          y> transparency. The image is there but the transparency is... ehehm...
          y> very weird with some colors from the old background and stripes from
          y> the foreground.

          y> I tried with "transparent" and with "copy" as blend option. Any idea?

          I guess the transparent PNG is not working correct. A good way to do
          this things is to choose a color key for your overlay image, than set
          the blend mode to "transparent" and choose this color in the Color
          box.

          A small example:

          - draw the overlay image with white background
          - save it without alpha channel as PNG
          - import this image into Pano2QTVR as "additional sprite"
          - Check "visible"
          - Move the rectangle to the position where you want to have the image
          - Set blend mode to "transparent"
          - Select white in the "color" box

          that's it!

          I hope this helps.

          MfG,
          Thomas.
        • yuval levy
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 11, 2006
            Thanks Thomas, it worked - more or less. It left a one
            pixel border in the background color of the overlay
            and I guess the problem was with the PNG 8 bit alpha
            channel.

            Also I would have a few useability suggestions /
            feature requests:

            1. Zoom: when setting up for fullscreen, the white
            surface representing the movies overlaps the window
            size. when scrolling I sometimes do not see the sprite
            placement. A zoom factor to fit it all in the window
            would be highly appreciated.

            2. Coordinates references - currently it is from the
            left/top. how about adding a checkbox next to each of
            the number to determine whether it should be from the
            left or the right, and from the top or the bottom?

            3. Width/height: how about reading initial values as
            the W/H of the loaded graphic? most people will want
            to use that, I suspect, for a different value will
            result in weird stretching and it is easier to deal
            with the dimension of the overlay in photoshop.

            Thank you very much for this great tool and your fast
            and friendly support!

            Yuv

            http://mail.yahoo.com