Almost perfect...

  • Fabio Bustamante
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2006
      ... but almost useless. (unless you're a ngiht time panographer)

      I just found out about this special cord remote for Canon cameras:

      http://www.fotomat-hurt.pl/images/TC-80N3.gif

      "The *Canon TC-80N3* is a remote switch with an 80cm/2.6ft. cord and a
      self-timer, interval timer, long-exposure timer, and exposure-count
      setting feature. The timer can be set anywhere from 1 sec. to 99 hrs.,
      59 min., 59 sec. A dial enables you to easily enter the numeric settings
      with a single thumb. The LCD panel can also be illuminated. And the rear
      of the Controller has a hole to keep the EOS-3's remote control socket cap."

      It ceirtanly do that while the camera is set to "bulb".

      Its a pitty Canon just don't realize how important it is to have full
      control over exposure with a remote for those who take big series of
      bracketed images (I hate touching the camera to set further brackets)...

      And I feel this could easily be done by making a special remote with a
      few more contacts on the plug (Canon has a turn on for proprietary plugs
      anyway). Maybe even using the usb port, well know for it's capabilities
      of controling most camera settings...

      Someday... who knows? : )

      Fabio
    • Karol Kwiatek
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2006
        Hello Fabio,

        Are you from Brasil? How did you find this thing on polish website?

        Greetings from Poland
        Karol