Too slow website?

  • panobanano
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 8, 2009
      Hi,
      I am wondering if you guys can help me. I am revamping my whole website and seem to be having a problem with my panorama blog page being real slow to load. For some reason today wasn't too bad but I have seen it take 20 seconds to a full minute or more just for anything to show up at all. I am not talking about the time for panos to load but the start page for the blog itself. If anyone has time to look at my site and give me an idea if it is real slow where you are. Of course, my concern is that it is too slow and lose a lot of visitors because who wants to wait around. Anyway it doesn't seem that it should be that slow. I am not a coding guy so I am not sure where to start to figure out what the problem is anyway. any help would be appreciated. I can tell you that it is a Wordpress installation inside a folder in my website and not top level. Would that slow it down? Another factor is the theme I am using has a ton of options and maybe this is slowing down browsers to figure out all the settings first? Firefox seems to load it faster than Safari.

      Here is the link
      http://rackphoto.com/pp/

      Thanks

      Ron Rack
      Rackphoto.com
    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 8, 2009
        On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 11:52 AM, panobanano <ronrack@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > http://rackphoto.com/pp/

        it took me only 12 seconds for showing up !!!

        btw: nice panos

        best
        AYRTON

        > Thanks
        >
        > Ron Rack
        > Rackphoto.com

      • Jaume Llorens
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 8, 2009
          Hi Ron,

          I find not so slow as you. I use firefox, and aprox five seconds to
          download all elements of your home page. http://rackphoto.com/pp/
          The size of the all elements on the page is 1202kb (816kb on images).
          May be a considerable size.

          (My connection: aprox ADSL 10Mb)

          Regards,

          --
          Jaume Llorens i Bach
          Av. Països Catalans, 1-3, 3E. 17820 - Banyoles

          En/na panobanano ha escrit:

          > Hi,
          > I am wondering if you guys can help me. I am revamping my whole
          > website and seem to be having a problem with my panorama blog page
          > being real slow to load. For some reason today wasn't too bad but I
          > have seen it take 20 seconds to a full minute or more just for
          > anything to show up at all. I am not talking about the time for panos
          > to load but the start page for the blog itself. If anyone has time to
          > look at my site and give me an idea if it is real slow where you are.
          > Of course, my concern is that it is too slow and lose a lot of
          > visitors because who wants to wait around. Anyway it doesn't seem that
          > it should be that slow. I am not a coding guy so I am not sure where
          > to start to figure out what the problem is anyway. any help would be
          > appreciated. I can tell you that it is a Wordpress installation inside
          > a folder in my website and not top level. Would that slow it down?
          > Another factor is the theme I am using has a ton of options and maybe
          > this is slowing down browsers to figure out all the settings first?
          > Firefox seems to load it faster than Safari.
          >
          > Here is the link
          > http://rackphoto.com/pp/ <http://rackphoto.com/pp/>
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Ron Rack
          > Rackphoto.com

        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 8, 2009
            On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Jaume Llorens <jaume@...> wrote:

            > Hi Ron,
            > I find not so slow as you. I use firefox, and aprox five seconds to
            > download all elements of your home page. http://rackphoto.com/pp/
            > The size of the all elements on the page is 1202kb (816kb on images).

            Oh I forgot to say ...
            I use Safari on Leopard
            and my connection is a 3mb
            took 12 seconds for complete the blog

            best
            AYRTON

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 8, 2009
              Quoting panobanano <ronrack@...>:
              Here is the link
              > http://rackphoto.com/pp/

              in the UK ( the blessed isle ) 13 seconds to load, maybe a swedish person can
              better that ?

              regards

              mick

            • Sacha Griffin
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 8, 2009
                You're on shared webhosting.

                CMS sites generally eat a lot of cpu.

                So it seems like your server is probably oversold.

                Time to find a new provider with better SLA guarantees.

                Sacha Griffin

                Southern Digital Solutions LLC

                http://www.southern-digital.com

                http://www.seeit360.net

                GMAIL IM: sachagriffin007@...

                404-551-4275

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 8, 2009
                  panobanano wrote:
                  > Here is the link
                  > http://rackphoto.com/pp/

                  After about 10 seconds wait, I am getting a 500 (internal server error):

                  ---------------

                  Internal Server Error

                  unable to complete your request.

                  Please contact the server administrator, support@... and
                  inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have
                  done that may have caused the error.

                  --------------

                  Firefox 3.0.10 MacOS 10.5.7 Intel MacPro.
                • James Scancella
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 8, 2009
                    Ron,
                    The page never loaded! I'm on MacBookPro, Safari.
                    Jim

                    ⧉⤷⤴⤵⤴
                    Jim Scancella
                    "See the World Around You."
                    www.virtual-venues.com
                    jim@...
                    Ph:206.972.2024
                  • Guillaume Fulchiron
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 8, 2009
                      James Scancella <jim@...> wrote:

                      > Ron,
                      > The page never loaded! I'm on MacBookPro, Safari.
                      > Jim

                      It took more than 2 minutes to load on FF3.0.5
                      Opening a pano took about 20 seconds to load entirely.
                      Never loaded on IE8

                      Xp and 30Mb cable broadband

                      Cheers,

                      G.