Re: [PanoToolsNG] a computer render of a condominium to a aerial spherical panorama photography

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2009
      On 3 Jun 2009 at 20:40, felipe_ing wrote:

      > Hi, recently I tried to put a computer render of a condominium to a aerial spherical
      > panorama photography, on this effort I found that the final relation on view angle
      > (lens diameter in relation to a 35mm sensor) of my panorama is different from the
      > angle (lens diameter) which I use to take the panorama.

      > this is so important to get the computer panorama matching the spherical photo.

      > How can I know the equivalence of the lens of my aerial panorama photography?

      > one example can be viewed from
      > http://aeronauticaavanzada.com/files/abrir_c1_render.html

      I'd say that it depends on which 3D program you're using, which you don't tell us?
      I use LightWave for such jobs, and then I use an advanced camera with 360 degrees
      cylindrical hfov and vfov (yes, it doesn't sound right, but it works that way to get a
      spherical projection!). Then the renderings get exactly the same "lens" as the equirect
      pano, ie an equirectangular lens. And the pano is wrapped around a sphere, which makes it
      easier to place the buildings, as well as making it posibble to cast shadows from the
      objects into the pano using spherical projected pano textures on ground planes/terrain.

      I guess you could also render with a normal lens and then insert it into the background
      pano inside PTgui or similar? I haven't tried it, but I suppose that if you have modelled
      some reference objects that are present also in the pano, and make control points for
      them you might be able to get PTgui to adjust/calculate your rendered images fov/focal
      length too?