Re: [PanoToolsNG] [OT] more than 1 million pageviews

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 2, 2009
      On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 5:19 PM, ptgroup <ptgroup@...> wrote:

      > Congrat Ayrton - great number.
      > I´m working on it - may be in about 10 year I can hit this number :)

      It was a surprise for me too :-)
      Thanks Mike

      best
      AYRTON

      > Ciao
      > Mike
      > ----------------------------
      > 360° VR Fotografie:
      > http://www.360de.de
      >
      > NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
      > http://www.abstraktfoto.de
      > -----------------------------

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 2, 2009
        On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Bernd <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:

        > Hi Ayrton,
        > congrat - really great number.

        thanks Bernd

        > ... and how many visitors you've got ?

        Unique visitors during the same period 1st May until 31 st May
        was 88.583
        what gives arund 2.857 a day
        I guess they liked it a lot and opened lots of panoramas :-)

        I'm gonna put on the list files section, all the screen shots, since lots
        of guys from here are asking me to send in PVT

        Thanks again

        best wishes
        AYRTON

        > all the best
        > Bernd

      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 2, 2009

          > On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Bernd <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Hi Ayrton,
          > > congrat - really great number.
          >

          > thanks Bernd
          >

          > > ... and how many visitors you've got ?
          >

          > Unique visitors during the same period 1st May until 31 st May
          > was 88.583
          > what gives arund 2.857 a day
          > I guess they liked it a lot and opened lots of panoramas :-)

          That sounds more likely.
          But I doubt that the 40.000 pageviews a day are real pageviews,'You have no analytics plugin on your panoramas.
          I assume that the file you posted is from the Special Blog analytic plugin.
          It does not look like anything I seen.

          5 pageviews per visitor is a very high number,
          2-3 is more normal.

          With 40.000 you have 14/visitor and that is even without the actual panoramas which have no detection from analytics. That does not make sense.
          I guess this is some weird thing which happens because of the way the blog is generated or because of something odd with this plugin.
          Maybe because reading just one of the comments makes one more pageview.

          Hans
        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 2, 2009
            On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Hans Nyberg <hans@...> wrote:

            > > Unique visitors during the same period 1st May until 31 st May
            > > was 88.583
            > > what gives arund 2.857 a day
            > > I guess they liked it a lot and opened lots of panoramas :-)
            > >

            > That sounds more likely.
            > But I doubt that the 40.000 pageviews a day are real pageviews,'You have no
            > analytics plugin on your panoramas.
            > I assume that the file you posted is from the Special Blog analytic plugin.
            > It does not look like anything I seen.

            These are from URCHIN software that is on my server

            > 5 pageviews per visitor is a very high number,
            > 2-3 is more normal.

            I've been discussing with lots of people and they all tell me that they
            looked at a bunch ... some said that they looked at almost 12 different ones

            > With 40.000 you have 14/visitor and that is even without the actual
            > panoramas which have no detection from analytics. That does not make sense.
            > I guess this is some weird thing which happens because of the way the blog
            > is generated or because of something odd with this plugin.
            > Maybe because reading just one of the comments makes one more pageview.

            all the coments, for each post, are on just ONE page,
            people go there to click on the thumbnail and open up the panorama, and
            then, after seeing it, they write a comment on the page that was left open
            behind the pano.

            So in other words I guess that for seeing a panorama some people see TWO
            pages.
            One with the thumbnail, and one with the real panorama.

            But this is just guessing :-)

            best

            > Hans

          • Hans Nyberg
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 2, 2009

              > > That sounds more likely.
              > > But I doubt that the 40.000 pageviews a day are real pageviews,'You have no
              > > analytics plugin on your panoramas.
              > > I assume that the file you posted is from the Special Blog analytic plugin.
              > > It does not look like anything I seen.
              >

              > These are from URCHIN software that is on my server

              You have the Urchin plugin for Wordpress
              <!--
              Google Analytics Plugin for Wordpress and BBPress
              http://boakes.org/analytics
              -->
              <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript">
              </script>
              <script type="text/javascript">
              _uacct = "UA-1249939";
              urchinTracker();
              </script>

              The old Urchin server stats are from what I read not at all reliaable.
              They also counts robots.

              > > 5 pageviews per visitor is a very high number,
              > > 2-3 is more normal.
              >

              > I've been discussing with lots of people and they all tell me that they
              > looked at a bunch ... some said that they looked at almost 12 different ones

              > > With 40.000 you have 14/visitor and that is even without the actual
              > > panoramas which have no detection from analytics. That does not make sense.
              > > I guess this is some weird thing which happens because of the way the blog
              > > is generated or because of something odd with this plugin.
              > > Maybe because reading just one of the comments makes one more pageview.
              >

              > all the coments, for each post, are on just ONE page,
              > people go there to click on the thumbnail and open up the panorama, and
              > then, after seeing it, they write a comment on the page that was left open
              > behind the pano.

              Well opening the comments is one more pageview.
              So if you look at comments on 2 panoramas you already have 3 pageviews.

              > So in other words I guess that for seeing a panorama some people see TWO
              > pages.
              > One with the thumbnail, and one with the real panorama.

              What does your analytics say. You do not have it on the panoramas but you should see the other pages.

              There must be something wrong with all those pageviews.

              Hans
            • Fabio Bustamante
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 2, 2009
                Ayrton, can't you check the volume of data transfered? Knowing how many
                megabytes were downloaded from your server will probably give you a good
                idea of how many panoramas were opened.

              • AYRTON
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 2, 2009
                  On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Fabio Bustamante <
                  contato@...> wrote:

                  > Ayrton, can't you check the volume of data transfered? Knowing how many
                  > megabytes were downloaded from your server will probably give you a good
                  > idea of how many panoramas were opened.

                  That's exactly what I was thinking a few minutes ago :-)

                  Look on the other msg I wrote to Hans on the list too

                  best
                  AYRTON

                  > Hans Nyberg wrote:

                  > have no
                  > plugin.
                  > >>>
                  > >> These are from URCHIN software that is on my server
                  > >>

                  > > You have the Urchin plugin for Wordpress
                  > > <!--
                  > > Google Analytics Plugin for Wordpress and BBPress
                  > > http://boakes.org/analytics
                  > > -->
                  > > <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"
                  > type="text/javascript">
                  > > </script>
                  > > <script type="text/javascript">
                  > > _uacct = "UA-1249939";
                  > > urchinTracker();
                  > > </script>
                  > >
                  > > The old Urchin server stats are from what I read not at all reliaable.
                  > > They also counts robots.

                  > >> I've been discussing with lots of people and they all tell me that they
                  > >> looked at a bunch ... some said that they looked at almost 12 different
                  > ones

                  > sense.
                  > blog
                  > >>>
                  > >> all the coments, for each post, are on just ONE page,
                  > >> people go there to click on the thumbnail and open up the panorama, and
                  > >> then, after seeing it, they write a comment on the page that was left
                  > open
                  > >> behind the pano.
                  > >>

                  > > Well opening the comments is one more pageview.
                  > > So if you look at comments on 2 panoramas you already have 3 pageviews.
                  > >
                  > > > So in other words I guess that for seeing a panorama some people see
                  > TWO
                  > >
                  > >> pages.
                  > >> One with the thumbnail, and one with the real panorama.
                  > >>

                  > > What does your analytics say. You do not have it on the panoramas but you
                  > should see the other pages.
                  > >
                  > > There must be something wrong with all those pageviews.
                  > >
                  > > Hans

                • AYRTON
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 2, 2009
                    On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Hans Nyberg <hans@...> wrote:

                    > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > > > That sounds more likely.
                    > > > But I doubt that the 40.000 pageviews a day are real pageviews,'You
                    > have no
                    > > > analytics plugin on your panoramas.
                    > > > I assume that the file you posted is from the Special Blog analytic
                    > plugin.
                    > > > It does not look like anything I seen.
                    >
                    > The old Urchin server stats are from what I read not at all reliaable.
                    > They also counts robots.

                    They count ROBOTS in a separate spreedsheet
                    I can choose that option if I want to see it.

                    > all the coments, for each post, are on just ONE page,
                    > > people go there to click on the thumbnail and open up the panorama, and
                    > > then, after seeing it, they write a comment on the page that was left
                    > open
                    > > behind the pano.
                    >
                    > Well opening the comments is one more pageview.
                    > So if you look at comments on 2 panoramas you already have 3 pageviews.

                    Every panorama, unless they go direct to the html page that contains it,
                    they will always open 2 page (and count 2 pageviews)

                    One is the page with the Thumbnail AND the comments
                    and the other is the pano itself

                    BUT I went to look at the DATA transfered and the amount is HUGE
                    So, it is a lot of files being transfered, what would not be just pages with
                    comments
                    It's attached on thsi msg to you directly, and I posted on the list files
                    section too.

                    On the same period of time the DATA transfered was : 236.45 GB !!!

                    and an average of 7.63 Gb everyday

                    best
                    AYRTON

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 2, 2009
                      Sorry I forgot the attachment :-)

                      On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:30 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

                      >> have no
                      >> plugin.
                      >>
                      >> The old Urchin server stats are from what I read not at all reliaable.
                      >> They also counts robots.
                      >>

                      > They count ROBOTS in a separate spreedsheet
                      > I can choose that option if I want to see it.
                      >
                      > > all the coments, for each post, are on just ONE page,
                      >> > people go there to click on the thumbnail and open up the panorama, and
                      >> > then, after seeing it, they write a comment on the page that was left
                      >> open
                      >> > behind the pano.
                      >>
                      >> Well opening the comments is one more pageview.
                      >> So if you look at comments on 2 panoramas you already have 3 pageviews.
                      >

                      > Every panorama, unless they go direct to the html page that contains it,
                      > they will always open 2 page (and count 2 pageviews)
                      >
                      > One is the page with the Thumbnail AND the comments
                      > and the other is the pano itself
                      >
                      > BUT I went to look at the DATA transfered and the amount is HUGE
                      > So, it is a lot of files being transfered, what would not be just pages
                      > with comments
                      > It's attached on thsi msg to you directly, and I posted on the list files
                      > section too.
                      >
                      > On the same period of time the DATA transfered was : 236.45 GB !!!
                      >
                      > and an average of 7.63 Gb everyday
                      >
                      > best
                      > AYRTON
                      >

                      >> > So in other words I guess that for seeing a panorama some people see TWO
                      >> > pages.
                      >> > One with the thumbnail, and one with the real panorama.
                      >>
                      >> What does your analytics say. You do not have it on the panoramas but you
                      >> should see the other pages.
                      >>
                      >> There must be something wrong with all those pageviews.
                      >>
                      >> Hans
                      >>

                      >> ------------------------------------
                      >>
                      >> --
                      >>

                      > --
                      > ------------
                      > | A Y R |
                      > | T O N |
                      > ------------ + 55 21 9982 6313
                      > http://ayrton360.com | http://vrfolio.com | http://ayrton.com

                    • Hans Nyberg
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 3, 2009
                        On 03/06/2009, at 3.30, AYRTON wrote:
                        >On the same period of time the DATA transfered was : 236.45 GB !!!
                        >and an average of 7.63 Gb everyday

                        Well that proofs what I say.

                        7,65 GB is only 3000 panoramas if they are 2,5mb each.
                        I guess yours are even larger average. as most of them also have an mp3 file attached

                        So with 2857 visitors a day you only have around 1 panorama per visitor.

                        I guess also about 50% of the visitors just bounce without seeing anything at all. Very common but it depends on how they reach you and how your site is described by the site that link to you.