Re: Help making masks in TIF files ...

  • John Houghton
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roberto Gomez Torres"
      <roberto@...> wrote:

      > I use the Lasso Tool or the Polygonal Lasso Tool to choose and mark
      > the area I want to exclude from the panorama.

      As usual, there are several ways to do this, and it is sometimes easier
      to create the mask by painting with a brush rather than using selection
      tools. To do this, go to the Channels palette:

      Second icon from the right at the bottom is the create new channel icon.
      Click on this icon while holding down the shift key. This will create
      your new alpha channel filled with white and will be displayed in your
      image window.

      Now click on the eye of the rgb channel in the channels palette. The
      main image will appear in the image window, but the alpha channel
      remains selected as the active channel.

      Select black as the foreground colour and paint the areas you want to
      mask with a hard edged brush. They will appear as a red overlay.

      Save the tiff file and you're done.

      John