hugin 0.8

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
      Has anyone compiled Hugin 0.8 for mac or pc?

      Hasn't 0.8 been kicking around for over a year, with some awesome new
      features (like opengl pano preview window) but it just didn't get compiled?
      Or am I misunderstanding something?

      Willy Kaemena and I taught a workshop last week to 25 university students.
      While I have had surprisingly perfect results from hugin pressing the "align
      and do everything automatically" button, it was not the case with these
      students, who got really frustrated - the UI for Hugin being generally
      pretty clunky (understandably - I'm not blaming anyone, I'm only saying -
      and no, I don't have time to improve the UI for Hugin myself ;-)

      Jeffrey Martin
      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

    • Bruno Postle
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
        On Tue 02-Jun-2009 at 16:45 +0200, Jeffrey Martin wrote:
        >Has anyone compiled Hugin 0.8 for mac or pc?
        >
        >Hasn't 0.8 been kicking around for over a year, with some awesome new
        >features (like opengl pano preview window) but it just didn't get compiled?

        hugin-0.8.0 is nearly ready for release, and yes is has lots of cool
        new stuff. There are recent snapshot installers for Windows and OS
        X, but these are for getting feedback from testers and have known
        bugs:

        http://panospace.wordpress.com/downloads/#devel

        --
        Bruno
      • crane@ukonline.co.uk
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
          Quoting Bruno Postle <bruno@...>:

          > On Tue 02-Jun-2009 at 16:45 +0200, Jeffrey Martin wrote:
          > >Has anyone compiled Hugin 0.8 for mac or pc?
          > >
          > >Hasn't 0.8 been kicking around for over a year, with some awesome new
          > >features (like opengl pano preview window) but it just didn't get compiled?
          >
          > hugin-0.8.0 is nearly ready for release, and yes is has lots of cool
          > new stuff. There are recent snapshot installers for Windows and OS
          > X, but these are for getting feedback from testers and have known
          > bugs:
          >
          > http://panospace.wordpress.com/downloads/#devel

          cue stampede of "I'm using align_image_stack for my HDR's but it's not working"
          on hugin-ptx

          ;-)

          mick