[OT] more than 1 million pageviews

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 1 9:13 AM
      Guys
      this month, my photography blog <http://ayrton.com/360/> with my panoramas
      360º
      just had a new record ... :-)

      From may, 1st to 30 th,this year ...

      I got more than 1 million pageviews,
      in just 30 days !!!

      1.188.751 !
      Around 39.000 pageviews daily !
      (se attachment)

      Thanks to all the friends who visit and help to promote the
      URL<http://ayrton.com/360/>

      360 abçs

    • Fernando Costa Pinto
      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 1 10:50 AM
        chuifff :-( ..i got my record too ...1.500 ...i must do something
        ..urgently ...something ..or a looooottttt of thingssss..

        congratssss Ayrton ...

        Fernando
        Salvador Bahia
        Brazil

        On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 1:13 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

        > Guys
        > this month, my photography blog <http://ayrton.com/360/> with my panoramas
        > 360º
        > just had a new record ... :-)
        >
        > From may, 1st to 30 th,this year ...
        >
        > I got more than 1 million pageviews,
        > in just 30 days !!!
        >
        > 1.188.751 !
        > Around 39.000 pageviews daily !
        > (se attachment)
        >
        > Thanks to all the friends who visit and help to promote the
        > URL<http://ayrton.com/360/>
        >
        > 360 abçs

      • Fernando Costa Pinto
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 1 10:58 AM
          by the way ..my site is about to be changed ...for a new one ..finnaly
          ..something i can feel proud of ..

        • crane@ukonline.co.uk
          Message 4 of 23 , Jun 1 11:10 AM
            Quoting AYRTON <avi@...>:

            > Guys
            > this month, my photography blog <http://ayrton.com/360/> with my panoramas
            > 360º
            > just had a new record ... :-)
            >
            > From may, 1st to 30 th,this year ...
            >
            > I got more than 1 million pageviews,
            > in just 30 days !!!
            >
            > 1.188.751 !
            > Around 39.000 pageviews daily !
            > (se attachment)
            Sorry Ayrton, 976,000 were me :-)
            Mick

            > Thanks to all the friends who visit and help to promote the
            > URL<http://ayrton.com/360/>
            >

            > 360 abçs

          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 23 , Jun 1 11:38 AM
              On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 3:10 PM, <crane@...> wrote:

              > > Guys
              > > this month, my photography blog <http://ayrton.com/360/> with my
              > panoramas
              > > 360º
              > > just had a new record ... :-)
              > >
              > > From may, 1st to 30 th,this year ...
              > >
              > > I got more than 1 million pageviews,
              > > in just 30 days !!!
              > >
              > > 1.188.751 !
              > > Around 39.000 pageviews daily !
              > > (se attachment)
              >

              > Sorry Ayrton, 976,000 were me :-)
              > Mick

              Hey Mick
              THANKS a lot :-)
              nice to know that you liked it so much :-)

              To be honest this huge number of pageviews is good for all of us,
              since it shows that panoramas are getting more and more popular everyday.

              Hans Nyberg started the revolution with the incredible Panoramas.Dk showing
              fullscreens on the net,
              and now we are all following the wave.

              Cheers
              AYRTON

              > > Thanks to all the friends who visit and help to promote the
              > > URL<http://ayrton.com/360/>
              > >

              > > 360 abçs

              > > --

            • Matt Smith
              Message 6 of 23 , Jun 1 12:12 PM
                Hitting Mainstream is a great thing for all of us. Here is a link I
                came across this morning.

                http://www.mtv.com/photos/?fid=1611667&view=thumb

                Its 360 fashion on the red carpet.

                Congrats to whoever got the gig, but I could have thought of two or
                three things that I would have done.

                Great job on the million, I could claim a few of those hits. but I am
                humble. I know I have not been there 212,000 times!

                Matt Smith
                PhotoSpherix
                317.396.5791
                360 Product Photography
                Indianapolis, Indiana USA
                http://www.photospherix.com

                On Jun 1, 2009, at 2:38 PM, AYRTON wrote:

                > On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 3:10 PM, <crane@...> wrote:
                >
                >>> Guys
                >>> this month, my photography blog <http://ayrton.com/360/> with my
                >> panoramas
                >>> 360º
                >>> just had a new record ... :-)
                >>>
                >>> From may, 1st to 30 th,this year ...
                >>>
                >>> I got more than 1 million pageviews,
                >>> in just 30 days !!!
                >>>
                >>> 1.188.751 !
                >>> Around 39.000 pageviews daily !
                >>> (se attachment)
                >>

                >> Sorry Ayrton, 976,000 were me :-)
                >> Mick
                >

                > Hey Mick
                > THANKS a lot :-)
                > nice to know that you liked it so much :-)
                >
                > To be honest this huge number of pageviews is good for all of us,
                > since it shows that panoramas are getting more and more popular
                > everyday.
                >
                > Hans Nyberg started the revolution with the incredible Panoramas.Dk
                > showing
                > fullscreens on the net,
                > and now we are all following the wave.
                >
                > Cheers
                > AYRTON
                >

                >>> Thanks to all the friends who visit and help to promote the
                >>> URL<http://ayrton.com/360/>
                >>>

                >>> 360 abçs

                >>> --

                >> This mail sent through http://www.ukonline.net
                >>

                >> ------------------------------------
                >>
                >> --

              • Willy Kaemena
                Message 7 of 23 , Jun 1 12:25 PM
                  Yes this cool... but you need enough cameras as can be seen in the
                  background

                  Willy Kaemena

                  On Jun 1, 2009, at 21:12, Matt Smith wrote:

                  > Hitting Mainstream is a great thing for all of us. Here is a link I
                  > came across this morning.
                  >
                  > http://www.mtv.com/photos/?fid=1611667&view=thumb
                  >
                  > Its 360 fashion on the red carpet.
                  >
                  > Congrats to whoever got the gig, but I could have thought of two or
                  > three things that I would have done.
                  >
                  > Great job on the million, I could claim a few of those hits. but I am
                  > humble. I know I have not been there 212,000 times!
                  >
                  > Matt Smith
                  > PhotoSpherix
                  > 317.396.5791
                  > 360 Product Photography
                  > Indianapolis, Indiana USA
                  > http://www.photospherix.com

                  > >> panoramas

                  > >> Sorry Ayrton, 976,000 were me :-)
                  > >> Mick
                  > >

                  > > Hey Mick
                  > > THANKS a lot :-)
                  > > nice to know that you liked it so much :-)
                  > >
                  > > To be honest this huge number of pageviews is good for all of us,
                  > > since it shows that panoramas are getting more and more popular
                  > > everyday.
                  > >
                  > > Hans Nyberg started the revolution with the incredible Panoramas.Dk
                  > > showing
                  > > fullscreens on the net,
                  > > and now we are all following the wave.
                  > >
                  > > Cheers
                  > > AYRTON

                • ptgroup
                  Message 8 of 23 , Jun 1 1:19 PM
                    I saw the setup about 1 year ago somewhere - forgot where :( but it was the
                    same procedure.
                    Yes- they stopped half way, so much effort should have better presentation
                    then just a movie.

                    Congrat Ayrton - great number.
                    I´m working on it - may be in about 10 year I can hit this number :)

                    Ciao
                    Mike
                    ----------------------------
                    360° VR Fotografie:
                    http://www.360de.de

                    NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                    http://www.abstraktfoto.de
                    -----------------------------

                  • crane@ukonline.co.uk
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jun 2 2:22 AM
                      Quoting ptgroup <ptgroup@...>:

                      > I saw the setup about 1 year ago somewhere - forgot where :( but it was the
                      > same procedure.
                      > Yes- they stopped half way, so much effort should have better presentation
                      > then just a movie.
                      >
                      > Congrat Ayrton - great number.
                      > I´m working on it - may be in about 10 year I can hit this number :)
                      Put a lot of zoomable images on your site. Each tile=1 hit :-)

                      Cheers

                      Mick

                    • Bernd
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jun 2 5:47 AM

                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, crane-2 wrote:

                        > Put a lot of zoomable images on your site. Each tile=1 hit :-)

                        Hi Ayrton,
                        congrat - really great number.
                        ... and how many visitors you've got ?

                        all the best
                        Bernd
                      • Eduardo Hutter
                        Message 11 of 23 , Jun 2 6:44 AM
                          Yes, that sure does a big difference on the way the stats can be
                          presented. Ayrton's stats are based on pageviews though, not hits.

                          cheers

                          Message 12 of 23 , Jun 2 8:08 AM
                            On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 6:22 AM, <crane@...> wrote:

                            > Quoting ptgroup <ptgroup@...>:
                            >
                            > > I saw the setup about 1 year ago somewhere - forgot where :( but it was
                            > the
                            > > same procedure.
                            > > Yes- they stopped half way, so much effort should have better
                            > presentation
                            > > then just a movie.
                            > >
                            > > Congrat Ayrton - great number.
                            > > I´m working on it - may be in about 10 year I can hit this number :)
                            >

                            > Put a lot of zoomable images on your site. Each tile=1 hit :-)

                            Hits is another way to look at, but not that good,
                            because each element, each file is a "hit" ;-(

                            Mine is based on "pageviews"
                            and since every panorama has ONE page, it is a way to know how many
                            panoramas were opened.

                            On hits, my numbers for May/2009 was :
                            2 million
                            845 thousand
                            585
                            HITS

                            > Cheers
                            >
                            > Mick
                            >

                            > > Ciao
                            > > Mike
                            > > ----------------------------
                            > > 360° VR Fotografie:
                            > > http://www.360de.de
                            > >
                            > > NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                            > > http://www.abstraktfoto.de
                            > > -----------------------------

                          • AYRTON
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 2 10:29 AM
                              On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Matt Smith <masmith@...> wrote:

                              > Hitting Mainstream is a great thing for all of us. Here is a link I
                              > came across this morning.
                              >
                              > http://www.mtv.com/photos/?fid=1611667&view=thumb

                              Hey this is really fun

                              I've been looking at some, and thanks for the link

                              > Its 360 fashion on the red carpet.
                              > Congrats to whoever got the gig, but I could have thought of two or
                              > three things that I would have done.
                              >
                              > Great job on the million, I could claim a few of those hits. but I am
                              > humble. I know I have not been there 212,000 times!

                              :-)
                              Thanks

                              best wishes
                              AYRTON

                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 2 10:30 AM
                                On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 5:19 PM, ptgroup <ptgroup@...> wrote:

                                > Congrat Ayrton - great number.
                                > I´m working on it - may be in about 10 year I can hit this number :)

                                It was a surprise for me too :-)
                                Thanks Mike

                                best
                                AYRTON

                                > Ciao
                                > Mike
                                > ----------------------------
                                > 360° VR Fotografie:
                                > http://www.360de.de
                                >
                                > NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
                                > http://www.abstraktfoto.de
                                > -----------------------------

                              • AYRTON
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 2 10:39 AM
                                  On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Bernd <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:

                                  > Hi Ayrton,
                                  > congrat - really great number.

                                  thanks Bernd

                                  > ... and how many visitors you've got ?

                                  Unique visitors during the same period 1st May until 31 st May
                                  was 88.583
                                  what gives arund 2.857 a day
                                  I guess they liked it a lot and opened lots of panoramas :-)

                                  I'm gonna put on the list files section, all the screen shots, since lots
                                  of guys from here are asking me to send in PVT

                                  Thanks again

                                  best wishes
                                  AYRTON

                                  > all the best
                                  > Bernd

                                • Hans Nyberg
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 2 11:28 AM

                                    > On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Bernd <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:
                                    >

                                    > > Hi Ayrton,
                                    > > congrat - really great number.
                                    >

                                    > thanks Bernd
                                    >

                                    > > ... and how many visitors you've got ?
                                    >

                                    > Unique visitors during the same period 1st May until 31 st May
                                    > was 88.583
                                    > what gives arund 2.857 a day
                                    > I guess they liked it a lot and opened lots of panoramas :-)

                                    That sounds more likely.
                                    But I doubt that the 40.000 pageviews a day are real pageviews,'You have no analytics plugin on your panoramas.
                                    I assume that the file you posted is from the Special Blog analytic plugin.
                                    It does not look like anything I seen.

                                    5 pageviews per visitor is a very high number,
                                    2-3 is more normal.

                                    With 40.000 you have 14/visitor and that is even without the actual panoramas which have no detection from analytics. That does not make sense.
                                    I guess this is some weird thing which happens because of the way the blog is generated or because of something odd with this plugin.
                                    Maybe because reading just one of the comments makes one more pageview.

                                    Hans
                                  • AYRTON
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Jun 2 12:32 PM
                                      On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Hans Nyberg <hans@...> wrote:

                                      > > Unique visitors during the same period 1st May until 31 st May
                                      > > was 88.583
                                      > > what gives arund 2.857 a day
                                      > > I guess they liked it a lot and opened lots of panoramas :-)
                                      > >

                                      > That sounds more likely.
                                      > But I doubt that the 40.000 pageviews a day are real pageviews,'You have no
                                      > analytics plugin on your panoramas.
                                      > I assume that the file you posted is from the Special Blog analytic plugin.
                                      > It does not look like anything I seen.

                                      These are from URCHIN software that is on my server

                                      > 5 pageviews per visitor is a very high number,
                                      > 2-3 is more normal.

                                      I've been discussing with lots of people and they all tell me that they
                                      looked at a bunch ... some said that they looked at almost 12 different ones

                                      > With 40.000 you have 14/visitor and that is even without the actual
                                      > panoramas which have no detection from analytics. That does not make sense.
                                      > I guess this is some weird thing which happens because of the way the blog
                                      > is generated or because of something odd with this plugin.
                                      > Maybe because reading just one of the comments makes one more pageview.

                                      all the coments, for each post, are on just ONE page,
                                      people go there to click on the thumbnail and open up the panorama, and
                                      then, after seeing it, they write a comment on the page that was left open
                                      behind the pano.

                                      So in other words I guess that for seeing a panorama some people see TWO
                                      pages.
                                      One with the thumbnail, and one with the real panorama.

                                      But this is just guessing :-)

                                      best

                                      > Hans

                                    • Hans Nyberg
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Jun 2 12:58 PM

                                        > > That sounds more likely.
                                        > > But I doubt that the 40.000 pageviews a day are real pageviews,'You have no
                                        > > analytics plugin on your panoramas.
                                        > > I assume that the file you posted is from the Special Blog analytic plugin.
                                        > > It does not look like anything I seen.
                                        >

                                        > These are from URCHIN software that is on my server

                                        You have the Urchin plugin for Wordpress
                                        <!--
                                        Google Analytics Plugin for Wordpress and BBPress
                                        http://boakes.org/analytics
                                        -->
                                        <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript">
                                        </script>
                                        <script type="text/javascript">
                                        _uacct = "UA-1249939";
                                        urchinTracker();
                                        </script>

                                        The old Urchin server stats are from what I read not at all reliaable.
                                        They also counts robots.

                                        > > 5 pageviews per visitor is a very high number,
                                        > > 2-3 is more normal.
                                        >

                                        > I've been discussing with lots of people and they all tell me that they
                                        > looked at a bunch ... some said that they looked at almost 12 different ones

                                        > > With 40.000 you have 14/visitor and that is even without the actual
                                        > > panoramas which have no detection from analytics. That does not make sense.
                                        > > I guess this is some weird thing which happens because of the way the blog
                                        > > is generated or because of something odd with this plugin.
                                        > > Maybe because reading just one of the comments makes one more pageview.
                                        >

                                        > all the coments, for each post, are on just ONE page,
                                        > people go there to click on the thumbnail and open up the panorama, and
                                        > then, after seeing it, they write a comment on the page that was left open
                                        > behind the pano.

                                        Well opening the comments is one more pageview.
                                        So if you look at comments on 2 panoramas you already have 3 pageviews.

                                        > So in other words I guess that for seeing a panorama some people see TWO
                                        > pages.
                                        > One with the thumbnail, and one with the real panorama.

                                        What does your analytics say. You do not have it on the panoramas but you should see the other pages.

                                        There must be something wrong with all those pageviews.

                                        Hans
                                      • Fabio Bustamante
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jun 2 5:54 PM
                                          Ayrton, can't you check the volume of data transfered? Knowing how many
                                          megabytes were downloaded from your server will probably give you a good
                                          idea of how many panoramas were opened.

                                        • AYRTON
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jun 2 6:17 PM
                                            On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Fabio Bustamante <
                                            contato@...> wrote:

                                            > Ayrton, can't you check the volume of data transfered? Knowing how many
                                            > megabytes were downloaded from your server will probably give you a good
                                            > idea of how many panoramas were opened.

                                            That's exactly what I was thinking a few minutes ago :-)

                                            Look on the other msg I wrote to Hans on the list too

                                            best
                                            AYRTON

                                            > Hans Nyberg wrote:

                                            > have no
                                            > plugin.
                                            > >>>
                                            > >> These are from URCHIN software that is on my server
                                            > >>

                                            > > You have the Urchin plugin for Wordpress
                                            > > <!--
                                            > > Google Analytics Plugin for Wordpress and BBPress
                                            > > http://boakes.org/analytics
                                            > > -->
                                            > > <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"
                                            > type="text/javascript">
                                            > > </script>
                                            > > <script type="text/javascript">
                                            > > _uacct = "UA-1249939";
                                            > > urchinTracker();
                                            > > </script>
                                            > >
                                            > > The old Urchin server stats are from what I read not at all reliaable.
                                            > > They also counts robots.

                                            > >> I've been discussing with lots of people and they all tell me that they
                                            > >> looked at a bunch ... some said that they looked at almost 12 different
                                            > ones

                                            > sense.
                                            > blog
                                            > >>>
                                            > >> all the coments, for each post, are on just ONE page,
                                            > >> people go there to click on the thumbnail and open up the panorama, and
                                            > >> then, after seeing it, they write a comment on the page that was left
                                            > open
                                            > >> behind the pano.
                                            > >>

                                            > > Well opening the comments is one more pageview.
                                            > > So if you look at comments on 2 panoramas you already have 3 pageviews.
                                            > >
                                            > > > So in other words I guess that for seeing a panorama some people see
                                            > TWO
                                            > >
                                            > >> pages.
                                            > >> One with the thumbnail, and one with the real panorama.
                                            > >>

                                            > > What does your analytics say. You do not have it on the panoramas but you
                                            > should see the other pages.
                                            > >
                                            > > There must be something wrong with all those pageviews.
                                            > >
                                            > > Hans

                                          • AYRTON
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jun 2 6:30 PM
                                              On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Hans Nyberg <hans@...> wrote:

                                              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
                                              >

                                              > > > That sounds more likely.
                                              > > > But I doubt that the 40.000 pageviews a day are real pageviews,'You
                                              > have no
                                              > > > analytics plugin on your panoramas.
                                              > > > I assume that the file you posted is from the Special Blog analytic
                                              > plugin.
                                              > > > It does not look like anything I seen.
                                              >
                                              > The old Urchin server stats are from what I read not at all reliaable.
                                              > They also counts robots.

                                              They count ROBOTS in a separate spreedsheet
                                              I can choose that option if I want to see it.

                                              > all the coments, for each post, are on just ONE page,
                                              > > people go there to click on the thumbnail and open up the panorama, and
                                              > > then, after seeing it, they write a comment on the page that was left
                                              > open
                                              > > behind the pano.
                                              >
                                              > Well opening the comments is one more pageview.
                                              > So if you look at comments on 2 panoramas you already have 3 pageviews.

                                              Every panorama, unless they go direct to the html page that contains it,
                                              they will always open 2 page (and count 2 pageviews)

                                              One is the page with the Thumbnail AND the comments
                                              and the other is the pano itself

                                              BUT I went to look at the DATA transfered and the amount is HUGE
                                              So, it is a lot of files being transfered, what would not be just pages with
                                              comments
                                              It's attached on thsi msg to you directly, and I posted on the list files
                                              section too.

                                              On the same period of time the DATA transfered was : 236.45 GB !!!

                                              and an average of 7.63 Gb everyday

                                              best
                                              AYRTON

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Jun 2 6:31 PM
                                                Sorry I forgot the attachment :-)

                                                On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:30 PM, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:

                                                >> have no
                                                >> plugin.
                                                >>
                                                >> The old Urchin server stats are from what I read not at all reliaable.
                                                >> They also counts robots.
                                                >>

                                                > They count ROBOTS in a separate spreedsheet
                                                > I can choose that option if I want to see it.
                                                >
                                                > > all the coments, for each post, are on just ONE page,
                                                >> > people go there to click on the thumbnail and open up the panorama, and
                                                >> > then, after seeing it, they write a comment on the page that was left
                                                >> open
                                                >> > behind the pano.
                                                >>
                                                >> Well opening the comments is one more pageview.
                                                >> So if you look at comments on 2 panoramas you already have 3 pageviews.
                                                >

                                                > Every panorama, unless they go direct to the html page that contains it,
                                                > they will always open 2 page (and count 2 pageviews)
                                                >
                                                > One is the page with the Thumbnail AND the comments
                                                > and the other is the pano itself
                                                >
                                                > BUT I went to look at the DATA transfered and the amount is HUGE
                                                > So, it is a lot of files being transfered, what would not be just pages
                                                > with comments
                                                > It's attached on thsi msg to you directly, and I posted on the list files
                                                > section too.
                                                >
                                                > On the same period of time the DATA transfered was : 236.45 GB !!!
                                                >
                                                > and an average of 7.63 Gb everyday
                                                >
                                                > best
                                                > AYRTON
                                                >

                                                >> > So in other words I guess that for seeing a panorama some people see TWO
                                                >> > pages.
                                                >> > One with the thumbnail, and one with the real panorama.
                                                >>
                                                >> What does your analytics say. You do not have it on the panoramas but you
                                                >> should see the other pages.
                                                >>
                                                >> There must be something wrong with all those pageviews.
                                                >>
                                                >> Hans
                                                >>

                                                >> ------------------------------------
                                                >>
                                                >> --
                                                >>

                                                > --
                                                > ------------
                                                > | A Y R |
                                                > | T O N |
                                                > ------------ + 55 21 9982 6313
                                                > http://ayrton360.com | http://vrfolio.com | http://ayrton.com

                                              • Hans Nyberg
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Jun 3 2:21 AM
                                                  On 03/06/2009, at 3.30, AYRTON wrote:
                                                  >On the same period of time the DATA transfered was : 236.45 GB !!!
                                                  >and an average of 7.63 Gb everyday

                                                  Well that proofs what I say.

                                                  7,65 GB is only 3000 panoramas if they are 2,5mb each.
                                                  I guess yours are even larger average. as most of them also have an mp3 file attached

                                                  So with 2857 visitors a day you only have around 1 panorama per visitor.

                                                  I guess also about 50% of the visitors just bounce without seeing anything at all. Very common but it depends on how they reach you and how your site is described by the site that link to you.