Re: [PanoToolsNG] KRPano and PHP

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 10 , May 28, 2009
      Sometime around 28/5/09 (at 13:38 -0700) aiwetir said:

      >if you haven't already, you may want to add some header info

      Good point. I only just thought of trying this so I've not really
      sorted things out properly yet.

    • Roger Howard
      Message 2 of 10 , May 28, 2009
        On May 28, 2009, at 12:47 PM, Keith Martin wrote:
        > I was worried that KRPano wmight not like being asked to use a file
        > ending with .php rather than .xml for its instructions - but it works
        > perfectly, at least for this test.

        Since it worked, this is less useful - but had it been hardwired, for
        some strange reason, to only deal with uri's ending with ".xml" then
        you could always have setup your Apache to pass xml files off to PHP
        for preprocessing (and then just name a PHP file *.xml, and write it
        as normal), or alternately (and maybe easier, depending on how much
        control you have over your Apache config) use mod_rewrite to simply
        pretend your .php files are in fact .xml

        Sounds like that trickery isn't necessary, but I've had similar
        instances where an app was hardcoded to a static extension and, thanks
        to the flexibility of modern web servers there's never something you
        can't do to trick a client-side application.

        -R
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 7, 2009
          Keith Martin wrote:

          > I was worried that KRPano wmight not like being asked to use a file
          > ending with .php rather than .xml for its instructions - but it works
          > perfectly, at least for this test.

          It works perfectly. My krpano QTVR parser (derived from Spi-V QTVR
          parser) for versions prior to 1.0.8 works this way. It reads the QTVR by
          PHP and outputs a XML on the fly, which contains the URLs of a PHP image
          handler which in turn reads the QTVR and outputs JPEGs.

          best regards
        • Rick Drew
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 7, 2009
            Just curious - can it read any external file? If I write a CF script that
            returns the correctly formatted data, will that work? I'd live to make my
            site database driven.

            Rick Drew

          • Uri Cogan
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 7, 2009
              Can anyone comment on the suitability of the Canon Rebel XT with a
              Tokina 10-17mm lens for panorama creation?

              I heard good things about the Tokina lens, but I know nothing about that
              Canon Rebel XT.

              TIA, Uri.
            • yuval_levy
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 8, 2009
                Hi Uri,

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Uri Cogan <uri@...> wrote:
                > I know nothing about that Canon Rebel XT.

                the Canon Rebel XT is great for panoramas.

                I know you're a Nikon user. The difference between this Canon and the comparable Nikon is the sensor size. Canon's is slightly smaller (crop factor 1.6 as opposed to 1.5 for the Nikon). The result is higher panorama resolution at comparable megapixel count. The trade off is that you have less overlap, which is somewhat critical if you want to shoot three around on an 8mm lens, but for the Tokina 10-17mm the number of shoots around for a full spherical is the same whether the sensor has crop 1.5 or 1.6.

                Yuv
              • Uri Cogan
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 8, 2009
                  yuval_levy wrote:

                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Uri Cogan <uri@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> I know nothing about that Canon Rebel XT.
                  >>

                  > the Canon Rebel XT is great for panoramas.

                  Toda raba, yuv!

                • dan.moylan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 8, 2009
                    Uri, i use a canon 400d, which i believe is the same as the xti model, with the tokina 10-17mm.very happy with the combination and resulting tours.