RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: 50D X 500D ? Which one?

  • Mark D. Fink
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 2009
      >Looking at the specs of the 50D vs. 500D, the choice is very difficult. In
      >my situation, the pre-investment in plenty of CF-memory would draw me to
      >the 50D; the specs (weight!) to the 500D. If the movie function was
      >important to me, I'd wait to see the 50D successor, although IMO Canon has
      >an interest not to give it movie functionality. Market segmentation.

      You might want to check out this site for rumors regarding future hardware:

      <http://www.canonrumors.com/>

      They have a pretty high success rate in getting advance information that
      turns out to be accurate. According to their sources, the upcoming 60D will
      have movie mode.

      Mark
      www.pinnacle-vr.com
      www.northernlight.net
      www.360cities.net
    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 5 , May 28, 2009
        Sometime around 28/5/09 (at 14:37 +0000) yuval_levy said:

        >30 FPS @ 1280x720 has its applications, but is worth considerably less.

        What it *does* give you is a video camera system (of sorts) that has
        the potential for much higher-quality optics than most 'true' video
        things this side of ex-pen-sive.

        But it isn't a normal video camera by any means. I'm not currently
        convinced that the ergonomic (form factor) difference is significant
        in use, but I'm not convinced that it isn't either.

      • Rodolpho Pajuaba
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2009
          Hello, folks,
          To all who responded, here and off-list, a big thank you. It helped me
          a lot in my choice. Now, if I may, another question: it seems
          imposible to find this lens here in Brussels :-( , and, as I'm going
          to spend the next weekend in Paris, I'd like to know if and where I
          can find it. Does any one of you Paris panographers know it, please?
          Of course, if we can arrange a meeting it would be nice too, but I
          can't say anything for sure, as it's a trip for the wife, and as
          always she's the boss ;-) .
          Thanks a lot in advance,
          Rodolpho Pajuaba