Flat pano(zoomify)comments please?

  • Rick Drew
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 2, 2006
      I actually purchased the full version of Zoomify. I had a client that
      wanted his customers to zoom in and view individual components in his
      studio. By the time I was done shooting his control console, the file was
      over 1.5 gig. Impossible to use without Zoomify. You could actually zoom in
      to individual dials! After paying for the job, he changed the equipment! I
      kept part of the image though for demo use.

      I have several different samples at http://www.add360.com/zoomable/

      Rick Drew

    • Bjørn K Nilssen
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 2, 2006
        On 2 Oct 2006 at 17:07, Bruno Postle wrote:

        > On Sun 01-Oct-2006 at 09:23 +0200, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
        > >
        > > Thanks for testing. Do you know of any other viewers for large
        > > images, similar to Zoomify? Although it seems to work ok it's
        > > always nice to know the alternatives..
        >
        > I quite like the CSS/javascript viewer Øyvind Kolås uses, though
        > this does load the whole image into memory:

        Nice, but not as smooth, fast and versatile as Zoomify maybe?
        Thanks for the tip :)

        --
        bk@... // Bjørn Kåre Nilssen http://bknilssen.no/
        Kristiansand, Norway
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 2, 2006
          On 2 Oct 2006 at 17:00, Yiorgos Teo wrote:

          > There is an open source project IIPimage:
          > http://iipimage.sourceforge.net/index.shtml
          >
          > The processing is done on the server and the image is
          > served through either of two clients, one is java the other
          > is in javascript.
          >
          > One drawback I see vs Zoomify is possible load on the server
          > is there are a lot of requests. I say this not having any idea
          > what kind of load it imposes on the server.

          Thanks for the tip. I tested the demos, and the world map never showed up when I zoomed
          into it. Te others worked, but not as fast as Zoomify. Besides I may have problems
          installing the server at my web hotel I guess?
          But maybe if I get some big clients with their own server?

          > Also, for those who like to do gigapixel panos and are not
          > blessed with pockets deep enough for the latest and greatest
          > in computer equipment, there is another open source project
          > called VIPS:
          > http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/index.php?title=VIPS

          Interesting. I dl'ed it and will test it. I usually don't have problems opening files in
          PS, but sometimes in AcDSee, which I also use for some simple image adjustments.

          > By the way, you can see the gigapixel pano I did here:
          > http://www.hellas.net/index.php?entry=entry060312-114333
          >
          > It's a view of the city of Athens taken from Mt. Lycabetus
          > the tallest point in the city (I think). Displayed
          > in Zoomify.

          Very nice :)
          But where are all the people? I looked around, but couldn't find a single person on any
          of all those roof tops? I guess I didn't check all of them... ;)

          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 2, 2006
            On 2 Oct 2006 at 19:34, Michael Hansky wrote:

            > > There is an open source project IIPimage:
            > > http://iipimage.sourceforge.net/index.shtml
            > >

            > Thought this project was fallen alseep.....
            >
            > I have also such a IIP Server, a old MGI ZoomImageServer

            But then you need full rights on the server? IOW it can't be done on a normal web hotel
            server?