anyone tried raw therapee??

  • Freddy Stapersma
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2009
      I just found this free raw converter working on dcraw.
      Because I do not own CS4 yet (cs2) I only can use the canon tools to do my 50D raw files.

      I wonder if this tool could be handy?? It can handle 50D rawfiles :)

      http://www.rawtherapee.com/
    • Harry van der Wolf
      Message 2 of 3 , May 27, 2009
        Take a look at Seb Perez's blog HDR and
        Linux<http://photoblog.edu-perez.com/2009/02/hdr-and-linux.html>.
        He writes about a linux workflow but it actually doesn't matter for
        rawtherapee whether you're on linux or windows.

        Harry

        2009/5/27 Freddy Stapersma <dj.freddy@...>

        > I just found this free raw converter working on dcraw.
        > Because I do not own CS4 yet (cs2) I only can use the canon tools to do my
        > 50D raw files.
        >
        > I wonder if this tool could be handy?? It can handle 50D rawfiles :)
        >
        > http://www.rawtherapee.com/

      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 3 , May 27, 2009
          It looks pretty good but I think he has a little more work
          to do on it. I've been using UFRaw which also uses dcraw
          and does a pretty good job on Fuji RAF files. UFRaw is also
          unfinished but usable.

          RawThreapee just sort of stops working. Probably a memory leak.
          I'll report to the author when I have more energy. But it does
          look promising. I use a Fuji e900 which can produce some pretty
          good images for a compact. Raw conversion is a significant problem
          given the poor quality of Fuji raw conversion software.

          I hope that RawThreapee can be a useful tool.