Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Flat pano(zoomify)comments please?

  • Michael Hansky
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 2, 2006
      > There is an open source project IIPimage:
      > http://iipimage.sourceforge.net/index.shtml

      Thought this project was fallen alseep.....

      I have also such a IIP Server, a old MGI ZoomImageServer

      You can also take wrapped panoramas for zooming:

      http://www.zooming.de/demo/mainau/Palmenhaus_fpx.htm

      for flat images you can take a look at my homepage: www.inxs-media.de
      (go to menu "Zoom Images")

      Roger, you still use it ?

      Michael Hansky
    • Rick Drew
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 2, 2006
        I actually purchased the full version of Zoomify. I had a client that
        wanted his customers to zoom in and view individual components in his
        studio. By the time I was done shooting his control console, the file was
        over 1.5 gig. Impossible to use without Zoomify. You could actually zoom in
        to individual dials! After paying for the job, he changed the equipment! I
        kept part of the image though for demo use.

        I have several different samples at http://www.add360.com/zoomable/

        Rick Drew

      • Bjørn K Nilssen
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 2, 2006
          On 2 Oct 2006 at 17:07, Bruno Postle wrote:

          > On Sun 01-Oct-2006 at 09:23 +0200, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
          > >
          > > Thanks for testing. Do you know of any other viewers for large
          > > images, similar to Zoomify? Although it seems to work ok it's
          > > always nice to know the alternatives..
          >
          > I quite like the CSS/javascript viewer Øyvind Kolås uses, though
          > this does load the whole image into memory:

          Nice, but not as smooth, fast and versatile as Zoomify maybe?
          Thanks for the tip :)

          --
          bk@... // Bjørn Kåre Nilssen http://bknilssen.no/
          Kristiansand, Norway
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 2, 2006
            On 2 Oct 2006 at 17:00, Yiorgos Teo wrote:

            > There is an open source project IIPimage:
            > http://iipimage.sourceforge.net/index.shtml
            >
            > The processing is done on the server and the image is
            > served through either of two clients, one is java the other
            > is in javascript.
            >
            > One drawback I see vs Zoomify is possible load on the server
            > is there are a lot of requests. I say this not having any idea
            > what kind of load it imposes on the server.

            Thanks for the tip. I tested the demos, and the world map never showed up when I zoomed
            into it. Te others worked, but not as fast as Zoomify. Besides I may have problems
            installing the server at my web hotel I guess?
            But maybe if I get some big clients with their own server?

            > Also, for those who like to do gigapixel panos and are not
            > blessed with pockets deep enough for the latest and greatest
            > in computer equipment, there is another open source project
            > called VIPS:
            > http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/index.php?title=VIPS

            Interesting. I dl'ed it and will test it. I usually don't have problems opening files in
            PS, but sometimes in AcDSee, which I also use for some simple image adjustments.

            > By the way, you can see the gigapixel pano I did here:
            > http://www.hellas.net/index.php?entry=entry060312-114333
            >
            > It's a view of the city of Athens taken from Mt. Lycabetus
            > the tallest point in the city (I think). Displayed
            > in Zoomify.

            Very nice :)
            But where are all the people? I looked around, but couldn't find a single person on any
            of all those roof tops? I guess I didn't check all of them... ;)

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 2, 2006
              On 2 Oct 2006 at 19:34, Michael Hansky wrote:

              > > There is an open source project IIPimage:
              > > http://iipimage.sourceforge.net/index.shtml
              > >

              > Thought this project was fallen alseep.....
              >
              > I have also such a IIP Server, a old MGI ZoomImageServer

              But then you need full rights on the server? IOW it can't be done on a normal web hotel