HiRez krpano

  • panong_jl
    Message 1 of 6 , May 25, 2009
      http://www.john-law.org.uk/standard/rps/krpano.swf?xml=rps.xml&view.maxpixelzoom=1.0&image.voffset=-2

      I recently made a record of a local photography exhibition here in Bath UK

      The result was disappointing & as Joergen G pointed out the huge pano file didn't give the expected 'zoomability' -
      Klaus of KRP has made some corrections, taking off the hand-brake as it were, & now the result is better than expected. Take a look!

      72 x 48MB images from a D3X/50mm/360p head processed in PTGui to produce a 5.1GB photoshop file which was then saved as an 8b tiff 1.67GB in size.

      here are Klaus's amendments:

      replace in the xml file:
      fovmin="25" with
      maxpixelzoom="1.0"

      The effect was magical!
      JL
    • crane@ukonline.co.uk
      Message 2 of 6 , May 25, 2009
        Cool, now we need hi-Res zoomable object movie.

        Regards

        Mick

        > http://www.john-law.org.uk/standard/rps/krpano.swf?
        xml=rps.xml&view.maxpixelzoom=1.0&image.voffset=-2

        > I recently made a record of a local photography exhibition here in Bath UK
        >
        > The result was disappointing & as Joergen G pointed out the huge pano file
        > didn't give the expected 'zoomability' -
        > Klaus of KRP has made some corrections, taking off the hand-brake as it were,
        > & now the result is better than expected. Take a look!
        >
        > 72 x 48MB images from a D3X/50mm/360p head processed in PTGui to produce a
        > 5.1GB photoshop file which was then saved as an 8b tiff 1.67GB in size.
        >
        > here are Klaus's amendments:
        >
        > replace in the xml file:
        > fovmin="25" with
        > maxpixelzoom="1.0"
        >
        > The effect was magical!
        > JL

      • Juergen Schrader
        Message 3 of 6 , May 25, 2009
          Honestly?
          Well, if one can't read the signs that's kind of a wet blanket, isn't it? ;)

          Sorry
          Juergen

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "panong_jl" <mondrian@...> wrote:

          > http://www.john-law.org.uk/standard/rps/krpano.swf?xml=rps.xml&view.maxpixelzoom=1.0&image.voffset=-2
          >
          > I recently made a record of a local photography exhibition here in Bath UK
          >
          > The result was disappointing & as Joergen G pointed out the huge pano file didn't give the expected 'zoomability' -
          > Klaus of KRP has made some corrections, taking off the hand-brake as it were, & now the result is better than expected. Take a look!
          >
          > 72 x 48MB images from a D3X/50mm/360p head processed in PTGui to produce a 5.1GB photoshop file which was then saved as an 8b tiff 1.67GB in size.
          >
          > here are Klaus's amendments:
          >
          > replace in the xml file:
          > fovmin="25" with
          > maxpixelzoom="1.0"
          >
          > The effect was magical!
          > JL

        • Joergen Geerds
          Message 4 of 6 , May 25, 2009
            now of course it's time to fix the huge amount of stitching errors in the ceiling and in the floor (from either not enough CPs or from a sizable nodalpoint error), and to start using a polarizer... i had a similar problem in a recent pano, I shot the complete room without polarizer, and then did 2-3 pickup shots with polarizer to eliminate reflection on glass (of course compensating for the 2 lost f-stops), and dropping the pickup shots into ptgui, but rendering them as separate psb layers.
            joergen

            Message 5 of 6 , May 25, 2009
              well, reading labels can be all the fun:http://gizmodo.com/5103518/virtual-visit-to-the-gizmodo-gallery
              joergen

              Message 6 of 6 , May 25, 2009
                Joergen Geerds schrieb:
                > now of course it's time to fix the huge amount of stitching errors in the ceiling and in the floor (from either not enough CPs or from a sizable nodalpoint error), and to start using a polarizer... i had a similar problem in a recent pano, I shot the complete room without polarizer, and then did 2-3 pickup shots with polarizer to eliminate reflection on glass (of course compensating for the 2 lost f-stops), and dropping the pickup shots into ptgui, but rendering them as separate psb layers.
                > joergen

                Jeah - and next time. i would also shoot HDR to avoid the too bright
                windows and lamps.
                Then - i think - it will come close to perfect ;-)

                Bernhard