Spherical stereoscopic panoramas of action scenes

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 19 , May 23, 2009
      http://www.mediavr.com/operastepsanaglyph.htm (full screen)

      Here is my first effort at a spherical 360 stereo panorama of an action scene.
      This is with two Canon 5Ds mounted vertically base to base each with a 10.5mm Nikkor. Both cameras revolve together on a turntable at one rev every two minutes. They are symmetrically arranged either side the axis of rotation(I will post a pic of the rig shortly). This is 55 shots for each camera ie. one shot every 6.5 degress approximately. The lenses are about 10 cm apart.

      I stitched one camera's panorama first. Then added the first frame of the other camera and calibrated that to the first frame of the first camera. Then deleted all the first camera shots and added the rest of the second camera shots -- keeping the camera parameters and the first shot settings. Then calibrated the second camera panorama.

      This calibration is a much less certain process than single camera, single rotation strip assembly stereo panorama capture but two cameras is the only way to capture stereo action.

      Peter M
    • Wim Koornneef
      Message 2 of 19 , May 23, 2009
        Hello Peter,

        I think your first effort to shoot an action 3D pano is successful.
        I wonder how you managed to get the man on the stairs showing in only one
        frame (strip), was he present on multiple images but not visible in the pano
        because he was in a position outside the strips or did you erased him in
        post processing in the other strips ?

        Wim

        panovrx-2 wrote:

        > http://www.mediavr.com/operastepsanaglyph.htm (full screen)
        >
        > Here is my first effort at a spherical 360 stereo panorama of an action
        > scene.
        > This is with two Canon 5Ds mounted vertically base to base each with a
        > 10.5mm Nikkor. Both cameras revolve together on a turntable at one rev
        > every two minutes. They are symmetrically arranged either side the axis of
        > rotation(I will post a pic of the rig shortly). This is 55 shots for each
        > camera ie. one shot every 6.5 degress approximately. The lenses are about
        > 10 cm apart.
        >
        > I stitched one camera's panorama first. Then added the first frame of the
        > other camera and calibrated that to the first frame of the first camera.
        > Then deleted all the first camera shots and added the rest of the second
        > camera shots -- keeping the camera parameters and the first shot settings.
        > Then calibrated the second camera panorama.
        >
        > This calibration is a much less certain process than single camera, single
        > rotation strip assembly stereo panorama capture but two cameras is the
        > only way to capture stereo action.
        >
        > Peter M

      • Roger D. Williams
        Message 3 of 19 , May 23, 2009
          Well, the Japanese for that is "datsuboh" (hat's off!).

          On Sun, 24 May 2009 01:59:46 +0900, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:

          > http://www.mediavr.com/operastepsanaglyph.htm (full screen)
          >
          > Here is my first effort at a spherical 360 stereo panorama of an action
          > scene.
          > This is with two Canon 5Ds mounted vertically base to base each with a
          > 10.5mm Nikkor. Both cameras revolve together on a turntable at one rev
          > every two minutes. They are symmetrically arranged either side the axis
          > of rotation(I will post a pic of the rig shortly). This is 55 shots for
          > each camera ie. one shot every 6.5 degress approximately. The lenses are
          > about 10 cm apart.
          >
          > I stitched one camera's panorama first. Then added the first frame of
          > the other camera and calibrated that to the first frame of the first
          > camera. Then deleted all the first camera shots and added the rest of
          > the second camera shots -- keeping the camera parameters and the first
          > shot settings. Then calibrated the second camera panorama.
          >
          > This calibration is a much less certain process than single camera,
          > single rotation strip assembly stereo panorama capture but two cameras
          > is the only way to capture stereo action.

          Like Wim, I wondered about the running man. Of course if the cameras are
          rotating quite slowly (once every two minutes) and he is running quickly,
          he wouldn't appear in too many... and that would also depend on which
          direction the cameras were rotating with respect to his real motion.

          I am really impressed.

          Roger W.

          --
          Work: www.adex-japan.com
        • panovrx
          Message 4 of 19 , May 23, 2009
            Re running man:

            http://www.mediavr.com/operastepsanaglyph.htm (full screen)

            Yes you are right -- he was only in a couple of frames and luckily in one of them he was near the centre of the frame.

            If you can do cross-eyed stereo viewing and are using Windows/IE you can use BSContact Stereo v.7.1
            (from http://www.bitmanagement.com/download/playerdownload.en.html)

            http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operah.wrl

            R click when it loads and go Settings/Stereo/SplitWindowX (or SplitWindowY if you have an over/under viewer).
            You can set the window plane by using Shift and the +/- keys on the Number Pad

            If you open operah.wrl in a text editor you can see the VRML script for stereo textures on a cube that I wrote. I will see if I can do a Shockwave sidebyside version soon (a bit more user friendly than BSContact).

            Peter M

            Message 5 of 19 , May 23, 2009
              On Sun, 24 May 2009 09:29:00 +0900, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:

              > Re running man:
              >
              > http://www.mediavr.com/operastepsanaglyph.htm (full screen)
              >
              > Yes you are right -- he was only in a couple of frames and luckily in
              > one of them he was near the centre of the frame.

              Mmmm. Thought so...

              > If you can do cross-eyed stereo viewing and are using Windows/IE you can
              > use BSContact Stereo v.7.1
              > (from http://www.bitmanagement.com/download/playerdownload.en.html)
              >
              > http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operah.wrl
              >
              > R click when it loads and go Settings/Stereo/SplitWindowX (or
              > SplitWindowY if you have an over/under viewer).
              > You can set the window plane by using Shift and the +/- keys on the
              > Number Pad

              I can do cross-eyed viewing and prefer the full natural-colour viewing
              it makes possible. Even ColorCode 3D is not completely satisfactory in
              this respect. Thanks for the link, although I'm a little reluctant to
              rely on IE for anything. <wry grin>

              I do also have an over/under mirrored viewer somewhere. Must look it
              out. It'd be better for panoramas as you can use an aspect ratio that
              is more, er, congenial (wide and shallow).

              > If you open operah.wrl in a text editor you can see the VRML script for
              > stereo textures on a cube that I wrote. I will see if I can do a
              > Shockwave sidebyside version soon (a bit more user friendly than
              > BSContact).

              That's all a bit beyond me. I was a half-way decent programmer in
              BASIC but unless you can devote the necessary time to it you soon
              get left behind. I did, anyway...

              Roger W.

              --
              Work: www.adex-japan.com
            • Roger D. Williams
              Message 6 of 19 , May 23, 2009
                On Sun, 24 May 2009 09:29:00 +0900, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:

                > http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operah.wrl
                >
                > R click when it loads and go Settings/Stereo/SplitWindowX (or
                > SplitWindowY if you have an over/under viewer).
                > You can set the window plane by using Shift and the +/- keys on the
                > Number Pad
                >
                > If you open operah.wrl in a text editor you can see the VRML script for
                > stereo textures on a cube that I wrote. I will see if I can do a
                > Shockwave sidebyside version soon (a bit more user friendly than
                > BSContact).

                Peter, they had upgraded to V7.2, so I downloaded the test version of
                that, but the SplitWindowW or Y options don't come up under Settings/
                Stereo. I can only view the red/cyan anaglyph.

                I tried in Opera and IE; both had the same problem. Surely they couldn't
                have dropped this option moving from V7.1 to 7.2?

                Roger W.

                --
                Work: www.adex-japan.com
              • Roger D. Williams
                Message 7 of 19 , May 23, 2009
                  On Sun, 24 May 2009 09:29:00 +0900, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:

                  > Re running man:
                  >
                  > http://www.mediavr.com/operastepsanaglyph.htm (full screen)
                  >
                  > Yes you are right -- he was only in a couple of frames and luckily in
                  > one of them he was near the centre of the frame.
                  >
                  > If you can do cross-eyed stereo viewing and are using Windows/IE you can
                  > use BSContact Stereo v.7.1
                  > (from http://www.bitmanagement.com/download/playerdownload.en.html)
                  >
                  > http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operah.wrl
                  >
                  > R click when it loads and go Settings/Stereo/SplitWindowX (or
                  > SplitWindowY if you have an over/under viewer).
                  > You can set the window plane by using Shift and the +/- keys on the
                  > Number Pad
                  >
                  > If you open operah.wrl in a text editor you can see the VRML script for
                  > stereo textures on a cube that I wrote. I will see if I can do a
                  > Shockwave sidebyside version soon (a bit more user friendly than
                  > BSContact).
                  >
                  > Peter M
                  >

                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Well, the Japanese for that is "datsuboh" (hat's off!).
                  >>
                  >> On Sun, 24 May 2009 01:59:46 +0900, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> > http://www.mediavr.com/operastepsanaglyph.htm (full screen)
                  >> >
                  >> > Here is my first effort at a spherical 360 stereo panorama of an
                  >> action
                  >> > scene.
                  >>>
                  >> Like Wim, I wondered about the running man. Of course if the cameras are
                  >> rotating quite slowly (once every two minutes) and he is running
                  >> quickly,
                  >> he wouldn't appear in too many... and that would also depend on which
                  >> direction the cameras were rotating with respect to his real motion.

                  Work: www.adex-japan.com
                • Ken Warner
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 23, 2009
                    I have an old Java stereo viewer. I does crosseyed stereo.
                    It hasn't been worked on for a while. Could probably use
                    an update but here 'tis with a Dorin stereo cylindrical pair.
                    I have another Java viewer for spheres.

                    http://pancyl.com/stereo.htm

                    Roger D. Williams wrote:
                    > On Sun, 24 May 2009 09:29:00 +0900, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:
                    >

                    >>Re running man:
                    >>
                    >>http://www.mediavr.com/operastepsanaglyph.htm (full screen)
                    >>
                    >>Yes you are right -- he was only in a couple of frames and luckily in
                    >>one of them he was near the centre of the frame.
                    >

                    > Mmmm. Thought so...
                    >

                    >>If you can do cross-eyed stereo viewing and are using Windows/IE you can
                    >>use BSContact Stereo v.7.1
                    >>(from http://www.bitmanagement.com/download/playerdownload.en.html)
                    >>
                    >>http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operah.wrl
                    >>
                    >>R click when it loads and go Settings/Stereo/SplitWindowX (or
                    >>SplitWindowY if you have an over/under viewer).
                    >>You can set the window plane by using Shift and the +/- keys on the
                    >>Number Pad
                    >

                    > I can do cross-eyed viewing and prefer the full natural-colour viewing
                    > it makes possible. Even ColorCode 3D is not completely satisfactory in
                    > this respect. Thanks for the link, although I'm a little reluctant to
                    > rely on IE for anything. <wry grin>
                    >
                    > I do also have an over/under mirrored viewer somewhere. Must look it
                    > out. It'd be better for panoramas as you can use an aspect ratio that
                    > is more, er, congenial (wide and shallow).
                    >

                    >>If you open operah.wrl in a text editor you can see the VRML script for
                    >>stereo textures on a cube that I wrote. I will see if I can do a
                    >>Shockwave sidebyside version soon (a bit more user friendly than
                    >>BSContact).
                    >

                    > That's all a bit beyond me. I was a half-way decent programmer in
                    > BASIC but unless you can devote the necessary time to it you soon
                    > get left behind. I did, anyway...
                    >
                    > Roger W.

                  • panovrx
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 23, 2009

                      > On Sun, 24 May 2009 09:29:00 +0900, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:
                      >

                      > > http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operah.wrl
                      > >
                      > > R click when it loads and go Settings/Stereo/SplitWindowX (or
                      > > SplitWindowY if you have an over/under viewer).
                      > > You can set the window plane by using Shift and the +/- keys on the
                      > > Number Pad
                      > >
                      > > If you open operah.wrl in a text editor you can see the VRML script for
                      > > stereo textures on a cube that I wrote. I will see if I can do a
                      > > Shockwave sidebyside version soon (a bit more user friendly than
                      > > BSContact).
                      >
                      > Peter, they had upgraded to V7.2, so I downloaded the test version of
                      > that, but the SplitWindowW or Y options don't come up under Settings/
                      > Stereo. I can only view the red/cyan anaglyph.
                      >
                      > I tried in Opera and IE; both had the same problem. Surely they couldn't
                      > have dropped this option moving from V7.1 to 7.2?
                      >
                      > Roger W.
                      >
                      > --
                      > Work: www.adex-japan.com

                      You have to uninstall that one and get the BSContact Stereo also listed on the download page. ie. You dont want BSContact (plain) which is what you downloaded

                      Peter M

                    • Roger D. Williams
                      Message 10 of 19 , May 23, 2009
                        Thanks, Peter, I'll try again...

                        Roger

                        On Sun, 24 May 2009 11:06:13 +0900, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:

                        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...>
                        > wrote:
                        >>
                        >> On Sun, 24 May 2009 09:29:00 +0900, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:
                        >>

                        >> > http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operah.wrl
                        >> >
                        >> > R click when it loads and go Settings/Stereo/SplitWindowX (or
                        >> > SplitWindowY if you have an over/under viewer).
                        >> > You can set the window plane by using Shift and the +/- keys on the
                        >> > Number Pad
                        >> >
                        >> > If you open operah.wrl in a text editor you can see the VRML script
                        >> for
                        >> > stereo textures on a cube that I wrote. I will see if I can do a
                        >> > Shockwave sidebyside version soon (a bit more user friendly than
                        >> > BSContact).
                        >>
                        >> Peter, they had upgraded to V7.2, so I downloaded the test version of
                        >> that, but the SplitWindowW or Y options don't come up under Settings/
                        >> Stereo. I can only view the red/cyan anaglyph.
                        >>
                        >> I tried in Opera and IE; both had the same problem. Surely they couldn't
                        >> have dropped this option moving from V7.1 to 7.2?
                        >>
                        >> Roger W.
                        >>
                        >> --
                        >> Work: www.adex-japan.com
                        >
                        > You have to uninstall that one and get the BSContact Stereo also listed
                        > on the download page. ie. You dont want BSContact (plain) which is what
                        > you downloaded
                        >
                        > Peter M

                        Work: www.adex-japan.com
                      • Roger D. Williams
                        Message 11 of 19 , May 23, 2009
                          Thanks, Ken.

                          Roger W.

                          On Sun, 24 May 2009 10:30:14 +0900, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...>
                          wrote:

                          > I have an old Java stereo viewer. I does crosseyed stereo.
                          > It hasn't been worked on for a while. Could probably use
                          > an update but here 'tis with a Dorin stereo cylindrical pair.
                          > I have another Java viewer for spheres.
                          >
                          > http://pancyl.com/stereo.htm
                          >
                          > Roger D. Williams wrote:
                          >> On Sun, 24 May 2009 09:29:00 +0900, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:
                          >>

                          >>> Re running man:
                          >>>
                          >>> http://www.mediavr.com/operastepsanaglyph.htm (full screen)
                          >>>
                          >>> Yes you are right -- he was only in a couple of frames and luckily in
                          >>> one of them he was near the centre of the frame.
                          >>

                          >> Mmmm. Thought so...
                          >>

                          >>> If you can do cross-eyed stereo viewing and are using Windows/IE you
                          >>> can
                          >>> use BSContact Stereo v.7.1
                          >>> (from http://www.bitmanagement.com/download/playerdownload.en.html)
                          >>>
                          >>> http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operah.wrl
                          >>>
                          >>> R click when it loads and go Settings/Stereo/SplitWindowX (or
                          >>> SplitWindowY if you have an over/under viewer).
                          >>> You can set the window plane by using Shift and the +/- keys on the
                          >>> Number Pad
                          >>

                          >> I can do cross-eyed viewing and prefer the full natural-colour viewing
                          >> it makes possible. Even ColorCode 3D is not completely satisfactory in
                          >> this respect. Thanks for the link, although I'm a little reluctant to
                          >> rely on IE for anything. <wry grin>
                          >>
                          >> I do also have an over/under mirrored viewer somewhere. Must look it
                          >> out. It'd be better for panoramas as you can use an aspect ratio that
                          >> is more, er, congenial (wide and shallow).
                          >>

                          >>> If you open operah.wrl in a text editor you can see the VRML script for
                          >>> stereo textures on a cube that I wrote. I will see if I can do a
                          >>> Shockwave sidebyside version soon (a bit more user friendly than
                          >>> BSContact).
                          >>

                          >> That's all a bit beyond me. I was a half-way decent programmer in
                          >> BASIC but unless you can devote the necessary time to it you soon
                          >> get left behind. I did, anyway...
                          >>
                          >> Roger W.

                          Work: www.adex-japan.com
                        • panovrx
                          Message 12 of 19 , May 23, 2009
                            Thanks Ken.
                            Here is a Shockwave crosseyed viewer version I just put together.
                            Drag in the left hand view to turn both views or use the arrows.

                            http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operashockwave.htm (7 meg)

                            this should work on IE and Firefox on Windows if you have a recent Shockwave .. and maybe it might work on Macs too

                            Peter M

                            > I have an old Java stereo viewer. I does crosseyed stereo.
                            > It hasn't been worked on for a while. Could probably use
                            > an update but here 'tis with a Dorin stereo cylindrical pair.
                            > I have another Java viewer for spheres.
                            >
                            > http://pancyl.com/stereo.htm
                          • Roger D. Williams
                            Message 13 of 19 , May 23, 2009
                              Peter, How do I uninstall the version I don't want? It did not use
                              the standard WIndows installer so I can't simply click to uninstall,
                              and there isn't an uninstall executable included.

                              Perhaps installing a different version will give me the option of
                              uninstalling other versions?

                              Roger W.

                              On Sun, 24 May 2009 14:55:48 +0900, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:

                              > Thanks Ken.
                              > Here is a Shockwave crosseyed viewer version I just put together.
                              > Drag in the left hand view to turn both views or use the arrows.
                              >
                              > http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operashockwave.htm (7 meg)
                              >
                              > this should work on IE and Firefox on Windows if you have a recent
                              > Shockwave .. and maybe it might work on Macs too
                              >
                              > Peter M
                              >

                              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
                              >>
                              >> I have an old Java stereo viewer. I does crosseyed stereo.
                              >> It hasn't been worked on for a while. Could probably use
                              >> an update but here 'tis with a Dorin stereo cylindrical pair.
                              >> I have another Java viewer for spheres.
                              >>
                              >> http://pancyl.com/stereo.htm

                              Work: www.adex-japan.com
                            • panovrx
                              Message 14 of 19 , May 23, 2009
                                On Vista at least there is an uninstall option under Start/Programs/BS Contact

                                Peter M

                                > Peter, How do I uninstall the version I don't want? It did not use
                                > the standard WIndows installer so I can't simply click to uninstall,
                                > and there isn't an uninstall executable included.
                                >
                                > Perhaps installing a different version will give me the option of
                                > uninstalling other versions?
                                >
                                > Roger W.
                                >

                                > On Sun, 24 May 2009 14:55:48 +0900, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > > Thanks Ken.
                                > > Here is a Shockwave crosseyed viewer version I just put together.
                                > > Drag in the left hand view to turn both views or use the arrows.
                                > >
                                > > http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operashockwave.htm (7 meg)
                                > >
                                > > this should work on IE and Firefox on Windows if you have a recent
                                > > Shockwave .. and maybe it might work on Macs too
                                > >
                                > > Peter M
                                > >

                                > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ken Warner <kwarner000@> wrote:
                                > >>
                                > >> I have an old Java stereo viewer. I does crosseyed stereo.
                                > >> It hasn't been worked on for a while. Could probably use
                                > >> an update but here 'tis with a Dorin stereo cylindrical pair.
                                > >> I have another Java viewer for spheres.
                                > >>
                                > >> http://pancyl.com/stereo.htm

                                > Work: www.adex-japan.com

                              • Roger D. Williams
                                Message 15 of 19 , May 24, 2009
                                  On Sun, 24 May 2009 15:56:08 +0900, panovrx <panovrx@...> wrote:

                                  > On Vista at least there is an uninstall option under Start/Programs/BS
                                  > Contact

                                  Got it. Uninstalled, downloaded the other version, installed it, and....

                                  alas, in neither Opera nor IE does anything appear when I insert the
                                  URL you gave for your stereo panorama. Contact just sits there forever
                                  with no image appearing.

                                  Roger W.

                                  --
                                  Work: www.adex-japan.com
                                • Ken Warner
                                  Message 16 of 19 , May 24, 2009
                                    Hi Peter,

                                    I have an old, slow machine with a 1280x1024 tube monitor. So please
                                    don't take what I'm going to tell you as a harsh critizium.

                                    The pano took 3 minutes to load (slow connection) -- the image
                                    pair was wider than my monitor -- it took 100% of my CPU just sitting
                                    there so I can't really look at the stereo...

                                    panovrx wrote:
                                    > Thanks Ken.
                                    > Here is a Shockwave crosseyed viewer version I just put together.
                                    > Drag in the left hand view to turn both views or use the arrows.
                                    >
                                    > http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operashockwave.htm (7 meg)
                                    >
                                    > this should work on IE and Firefox on Windows if you have a recent Shockwave .. and maybe it might work on Macs too
                                    >
                                    > Peter M
                                    >

                                    > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    >>I have an old Java stereo viewer. I does crosseyed stereo.
                                    >>It hasn't been worked on for a while. Could probably use
                                    >>an update but here 'tis with a Dorin stereo cylindrical pair.
                                    >>I have another Java viewer for spheres.
                                    >>
                                    >>http://pancyl.com/stereo.htm

                                  • Andrew Crawford
                                    Message 17 of 19 , May 25, 2009
                                      panovrx wrote:
                                      > http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operashockwave.htm
                                      > <http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operashockwave.htm> (7 meg)

                                      > .. and maybe it might work on Macs too
                                      >
                                      > Peter M

                                      It does. Rotation was very sluggish for me, though (2GHz Macbook w/2GB
                                      of RAM).
                                    • panovrx
                                      Message 18 of 19 , May 25, 2009
                                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Crawford <yahoo@...> wrote:

                                        > panovrx wrote:
                                        > > http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operashockwave.htm
                                        > > <http://www.mediavr.com/stereoscopic/operashockwave.htm> (7 meg)
                                        >
                                        > > .. and maybe it might work on Macs too
                                        > >
                                        > > Peter M
                                        >
                                        > It does. Rotation was very sluggish for me, though (2GHz Macbook w/2GB
                                        > of RAM).

                                        Yes I will have to make a smaller version. These (12 images each 1024 pixels -- each cubic side) at least though have the advantage of a lot of zoomability. Here btw is a guide to crosseyed stereo viewing
                                        http://www.starosta.com/3dshowcase/ihelp.html

                                        Side by side viewers like this one can also be used as an extended desktop for twin projector passive polarized glasses stereo viewing. eg. say you have two monitors each 1024 by 768 making one wide desktop
                                        2048 by 768. And the viewer is set wide enough to span this so one image is on each monitor. Then replace each monitor with a projector with polarizer and you have a stereo projection setup. With a 512M graphics card on a newish computer the scrolling is smooth with Shockwave viewers with DirectX or OpenGl acceleration enabled.

                                        Peter M
                                      • yuval_levy
                                        Message 19 of 19 , May 26, 2009
                                          > Side by side viewers like this one can also be used
                                          > for twin projector passive polarized glasses stereo viewing.

                                          the polarized view is the most appealing to me, projected on a silverized screen. Because of the logistics we only had a simple screen with a single set of projectors available during LGM, and had to display panoramas through colored glasses.

                                          It's in the exhibition movie at around 4:30, anaglyph panorama by Karol Kwiatek:
                                          <http://panospace.wordpress.com/2009/05/25/exhibition-video/>

                                          Yuv