Looking at stereo slides

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2009
      I moved office recently, or rather gave up an office in the center
      of Tokyo to run my business from home, and what should surface but
      four sets of slides, 2x36 each for left and right eye! These
      were among the last photos I took on film, just over three years
      ago. I took them with two Cosina cameras, the rangefinder T101
      and the rangefinder-less Bessa L, both with the excellent little
      Cosina 35mm lens, on a bar for mounting both cameras. It's quite
      convenient for taking stereo slides, although the twin release
      cable I use kept getting out of synch, so one shutter fired
      slightly ahead of the other. Produces some peculiar effects...

      Two similar cameras on a stereo bar gets quite a lot of puzzled
      comments. Many asked to see the results, and couldn't understand
      why my cameras didn't have screens to show what I'd just taken!

      The stereo experience with matched slides in a hand viewer is hard
      to beat! Less eyestrain than cross-eyed viewing, far better colours
      than using anaglyphs... and the magnification of the lenses in the
      viewer emulates the performance of a rather large screen!

      And looking at those stereo slides made me feel hopeful about
      producing stereo panoramas. Apparently I hadn't lost the nack of
      taking stsereo photos! If it didn't involve hours of scanning
      I'd like to show some of them to our stereo experts...

      Yippee!

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com