Re: Construction Project

  • John Houghton
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...>
      wrote:

      > It is usually possible to get the horizon right when working with
      > PTgui and it is well worth doing. Was there a problem with using
      > the horizon leveling function? You do need to re-optimize
      > afterwards.

      Automatic levelling features will not usually guarantee to accurately
      level the panorama. Their success depends upon how accurately the
      panorama head was levelled. In a subject like this, accurate
      levelling can be performed in no more than a couple of minutes using
      the optimizer by adding some vertical line (t1) control points.
      (Note that you must use the Panorama Tools optimizer, though, as
      PTGui's optimizer doesn't support t1,t2 and tn points). You can also
      level the finished panorama image using exactly the same technique.
      There's no shortage of tutorials for guiding you through these
      processes:

      http://www.dffe.at/pano360/pano-horizont-360_en.html
      http://wiki.panotools.org/Leveling_a_Finished_Panorama
      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.houghton/levtut.htm

      John
    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
        That's true, John. I have solved difficult ones using that technique.
        But I'm pretty careful leveling my camera/head and often find the
        simple PTgui horizontalisation function is good enough.

        Roger W.