Timelapse interactive panorama

  • Mihai Stanescu
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2009
      Hello

      I was thinking to make an interactive timelapse spherical panorama but
      i bumped into the problem of viewing the thing.

      Any ideas which viewer can do that?

      Thx
      Mihai
    • Moore, Dave M (UK Rochester)
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2009
        Hi All,
        Thanks for your advice on my previous questions. I think I'm now up and
        running. Here a few examples of my output so far:
        http://www.moorenet.co.uk/pano/

        Anyway, up to now, I've used a borrowed Canon EOS 300D and now I'm
        looking at getting something equivalent for myself. I'd like to keep to
        the EOS range so that my Peleng lens will still fit and I generally like
        Canons anyway. I'd probably look at getting something like a second hand
        400D or maybe the newer 5D. Does anybody have any comments on the pros
        and cons of these for the purpose of taking panos?.

        Secondly, I'm looking to replace my borrowed tripod and reduce the
        size/weight of this dramatically. I was wondering whether it was
        possible to get away with a really light single (pole-like) tripod (or
        unipod?) with legs near to the ground for stability. My current tripod
        is way over the top IMO and is huge even with the legs fully retracted.
        Does anybody have any small/compact/light tripod suggestions that can
        still hold the camera at up to head height?.

        Thanks for any comments,
        Dave

      • Jim Watters
        Message 3 of 3 , May 24, 2009
          The current best two options are Lucid and KrPano
          http://www.charles3d.info/video_panoramas.html
          as described by Karol http://www.charles3d.info/

          Other options are SPi-V and DevalVR
          http://fieldofview.com/spv-dev/downloads/extensions/timelapse