Exeter Cathedral Chapter House

  • peterstephensphotography
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17 7:37 AM
      Hi,

      Thought I would share with you a VR image I took of the Chapter House at Exeter Cathedral. The room has some interesting statues which I'm told are quite controversial - I'll try to find out more about them soon.

      Here's the image - http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/chapter_house.php

      Cheers,

      Pete

      Peter Stephens Photography
      www.peterstephens.co.uk
    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17 3:47 PM
        On Sun, 17 May 2009 23:37:36 +0900, peterstephensphotography
        <panotoolsng@...> wrote:

        > Thought I would share with you a VR image I took of the Chapter House at
        > Exeter Cathedral. The room has some interesting statues which I'm told
        > are quite controversial - I'll try to find out more about them soon.
        >
        > Here's the image - http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/chapter_house.php

        Beautiful panorama. I can see why the statues might be controversial.
        They must all be new since I was last in the cathedral over 40 years
        ago. The high resolution makes it possible to examine them in detail.
        Thanks for sharing...

        Roger W.

        --
        Work: www.adex-japan.com
      • peterstephensphotography
        Message 3 of 3 , May 17 4:06 PM
          I think the statues are older than they look, I've done a quick search on the web and can't find much info about them. Doesn't mention anything in the History on the website - http://www.exeter-cathedral.org.uk/history/timeline.ashx If they were modern I would expect them to be mentioned on the timeline. There is a leaflet in the Chapter House about them, I'll pick up a copy next time I'm passing.

          Thanks for looking :-)

          Pete