Re: Pano2QTVR confusion

  • John Houghton
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "smarfingerfeulcher" <rmlcd@...>
      wrote:

      > The problem is that no matter what size I start with, the write back
      > cannot exceed about 7800x 3900. If I go back to an original size of,
      > say, 12000x6000 I get a computer file labeled a tiff which I cannot
      > open in photoshop or irfanview.

      I'm using Pano2QTVR V1.2.7 (free version) and I was able to generate a
      12000x6000 file that could be opened with Photoshop CS2 ok. My
      pan12.dll is V2.8.0. There have long been problems with Pano Tools and
      large files - both tiff and psd. CS2 has helped with some of these.
      However, one solution to your problems would be to use PTGui to insert
      the edited tile(s) back into the original equirectangular file.
      PTGui's own stitcher can handle large files quite happily. Output a
      layered PSD file.

      John
    • smarfingerfeulcher
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
        > However, one solution to your problems would be to use PTGui to insert
        > the edited tile(s) back into the original equirectangular file.
        > PTGui's own stitcher can handle large files quite happily. Output a
        > layered PSD file.
        >
        > John

        Would you be so kind as to go into this in a bit greater depth?
        Layered PSD is what I use, so that's not a point of confusion.....

        I don't get how the tile is reinserted or where in the process....
      • John Houghton
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
          wrote:

          > Would you be so kind as to go into this in a bit greater depth?
          > Layered PSD is what I use, so that's not a point of confusion.....
          >
          > I don't get how the tile is reinserted or where in the process....

          You create a new PTGui project and add the original equirectangular
          image and the edited nadir tile, for example.

          On the Lens Settings tab, specify lens type equirectangular and fov 360.

          Select individual lens parameters for the nadir image. Go to the Image
          Parameters tab and select lens type Rectilinear and fov 90. Set pitch
          to -90 degrees.

          Set the oputput image projection to equirectangular, fov 360 and set
          the image size to be the same as the input image. Generate the psd
          layered file and flatten in Photoshop to give the merged file.

          John