AW: AW: [PanoToolsNG] flash strobes - indoor panoramic shots

  • ptgroup
    Message 1 of 8 , May 13 3:09 PM
      Mit freundlichen Grüssen
      HMS
      mailto: hmsmail@...
      Web: http://www.compulanz.de
      ----------------------------
      360° VR Fotografie:
      http://www.360de.de

      NEU: Abstrakte Fotografie unter:
      http://www.abstraktfoto.de
      -----------------------------

      -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
      Von: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com]Im
      Auftrag von Keith Martin
      Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2009 23:53
      An: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Betreff: Re: AW: [PanoToolsNG] flash strobes - indoor panoramic shots

      Sometime around 13/5/09 (at 23:13 +0200) ptgroup said:

      >Set the flash to ab. 45° up - it brightens the objects very nice.

      Angling up will help, but despite the blending of
      shots there is visible illumination falloff in
      the outdoor pano in particular. The fact is that
      simple on-flash diffusers cannot truly evenly
      cover as broad an area as fisheye lenses capture.

      To do this well in an enclosed environment where
      there is more than the occasional close-up object
      and perhaps enclosing walls requires very large
      diffusers and reflectors.

      You can see some of what I used recently in the
      single shot at the bottom of
      http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/spaces/seizure.html
      Ignore the Gary Fong Light Sphere I'm holding!
      That's a good kitbag thing but it wasn't used
      much for this project. Instead, we mostly used a
      couple of well-diffused Normans
      (http://normanlights.com/) and that 6ft reflector
      behind me. I used exposures from 15 to 30
      seconds, with multiple flashes used to fill the
      captured scene with no falloff. The first pano
      took around 3 hours to make, but the second (and
      last, after some single shots) only took about 25
      minutes.

      (BTW, your On Stage pano opened a new window that was very reluctant to
      close!)