Re: Best lens for hi res pano with 5D

  • JD Smith
    Message 1 of 29 , Sep 29 2:48 PM
      On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:23:48 +0000, erik leeman wrote:

      > I just uploaded the first test image.
      >
      > Canon EOS 5D + EF 24mm f/2.8
      >
      > WARNING: the full-sized (2400x6000 pixels)image file is 6.10MB
      >
      > 100% crops of 20 landscape-orientation 12.8MP images.
      > Uppermost 300 pixels vertical,
      > 800 pixels horizontal left, center and right.
      >
      > One row for every f-stop from f/2.8 to f22 (and f/2.8 again)
      >
      > RAW-files converted with RAW Shooter P 2006 to 16-bit TIFF,
      > no sharpening or any other correction, color temp set at 5500K.
      >
      > Cropped and pasted in PS CS2, no sharpening or any other correction.
      > Flattened, converted to 8-bit colordepth, and saved as Q12 .jpg
      >
      > http://flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/255750791/

      At left is also the perfect demonstration of how dust on the sensor
      appears as a function of f/#! In this case, it starts to get noticeable
      around f/5.
    • Juergen Schrader
      Message 2 of 29 , Sep 29 3:05 PM
        Thank you very much, Erik.

        As I told you: 100% views on the screen unfold it all :)
        It seems the right part looks like nothing I would want to use in
        those hi end pictures.

        Tomorrow I will try and find a smilar subject fo a comparison shot.

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "erik leeman" <jolanenerik@...>
        wrote:

        > I just uploaded the first test image.
        >
        > Canon EOS 5D + EF 24mm f/2.8
        >
        > WARNING: the full-sized (2400x6000 pixels)image file is 6.10MB
        >
        > 100% crops of 20 landscape-orientation 12.8MP images.
        > Uppermost 300 pixels vertical,
        > 800 pixels horizontal left, center and right.
        >
        > One row for every f-stop from f/2.8 to f22 (and f/2.8 again)
        >
        > RAW-files converted with RAW Shooter P 2006 to 16-bit TIFF,
        > no sharpening or any other correction, color temp set at 5500K.
        >
        > Cropped and pasted in PS CS2, no sharpening or any other correction.
        > Flattened, converted to 8-bit colordepth, and saved as Q12 .jpg
        >
        > http://flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/255750791/

      • erik leeman
        Message 3 of 29 , Sep 30 7:49 AM
          For those who would like to see the difference in field of view with
          the same 24mm lens and the effect of the difference in pixeldensity
          between the 5D and 20D, I have combined some testshots here:

          http://flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/256326347/

          and

          http://flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/256355139/

          Maybe this is of use to some of you.